I have a question: is the silver part around the keys the same 7000 series aluminium or is it plastic? Thanks
    I own the key2. The piece is actually plastic. It's glued on. It's fairly obvious.
    06-24-18 10:18 AM
    All of the unboxing reviews and the specs indicate aluminum.
    It's actually plastic not aluminum. Source: I own one. And I've been typing on it for over a week. The feel is quite different than the aluminum body.
    06-24-18 10:19 AM
    It's actually plastic not aluminum. Source: I own one. And I've been typing on it for over a week. The feel is quite different than the aluminum body.
    I missed the "around the keys" part. As long as the frame is Aluminum.
    06-24-18 10:35 AM
    Same as me plus the PRIV. The first time I can remember the device not having all services. I’ve read in another thread, Rogers is enabling Wifi calling with their Oreo update. Maybe AT&T will do the same? I believe AT&T partners with Rogers in Canada for coverage. Knowing AT&T, the Oreo update will arrive only if they carry the Key2. :-/
    Rogers told me they will not allow a non- Rogers device to use their extra features like volte...same as they blocked them for the factory k1.
    06-24-18 10:48 AM
    Rogers told me they will not allow a non- Rogers device to use their extra features like volte...same as they blocked them for the factory k1.
    I get that. I’m wondering if there’s just some kind of manufacturing or software compatibility that will allow for AT&T to finally give me Wifi calling the same way Rogers will give their customers on their carrier devices. It’s made no sense that Rogers carriers locked devices on Rogers network or AT&T carrier locked devices on AT&T haven’t been able to access ALL enhanced features. It’s one significant point for buying carrier locked devices.
    06-24-18 11:38 AM
    The k1 didn't have Wi-Fi calling on their device just volte, video calling. Apparently the k2 will have Wi-Fi calling on their device. If they do I don't see any real benefit of factory unlocked unless you want the silver. Rogers hasn't been too slow on updates.
    06-24-18 11:59 AM
    Wait wtf? So that means if the part around the keyboard gets scratched up you'll end up looking at white plastic underneath?
    06-24-18 01:44 PM
    I'm very confused. I called Rogers this past Friday and they assured me that VoLTE will work on an unlocked non-carrier device.

I've also found threads on Roger's forums where they explain to people how to make sure VoLTE works on a non-Rogers phone.
    06-24-18 10:04 PM
    still no pictures from the camera
    15 pages later
    Last edited by Resilience; 06-24-18 at 10:57 PM.
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    06-24-18 10:33 PM
    I'm very confused. I called Rogers this past Friday and they assured me that VoLTE will work on an unlocked non-carrier device.

I've also found threads on Roger's forums where they explain to people how to make sure VoLTE works on a non-Rogers phone.
    Maybe it will be different for the k2 unlike the k1 that no one i know of was able to get it to work.
    06-25-18 12:41 AM
    I believe all android phone reloads/refreshes apps once left in the background for a while. I don't understand this "app reload" problem you guys think the keyone has.
    06-25-18 02:27 AM
    I get that. I’m wondering if there’s just some kind of manufacturing or software compatibility that will allow for AT&T to finally give me Wifi calling the same way Rogers will give their customers on their carrier devices. It’s made no sense that Rogers carriers locked devices on Rogers network or AT&T carrier locked devices on AT&T haven’t been able to access ALL enhanced features. It’s one significant point for buying carrier locked devices.
    No, it's just typical carrier BS IMO. Seems like they block the feature unless you buy the device from them even if they don't sell the device.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-25-18 10:54 AM
    How is the rubber (or whatever it is) backing? In particular, how does it feel when it meets the metal? Is it completely flush?

The reason I'm asking is bcuz if u took off the back on the K1 it wouldn't sit completely flush anymore.
    06-25-18 11:02 AM
    I guess you don't know if it has digital or optical zoom, do you?
    06-25-18 11:28 AM
    I guess you don't know if it has digital or optical zoom, do you?
    2x optical due to the lens configuration.
    towngirl likes this.
    06-25-18 12:31 PM
    Are you or is anyone by any chance using your KEY2 on Roger's in Canada? wondering if your VoLTE works on an unlocked device.
    06-25-18 03:05 PM
    Depends. A 16:9 video will have small bars on the top and bottom, but a 4:3 video will fill more of the screen on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ than a 16:9 device.

Watching a 16:9 video on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or KEY² changes the active screen from 4.5" to 4.3".
    Thanks for your valuable input on a lot of topics on this forum by the way. Greatly appreciated.
    06-25-18 10:08 PM
    Battery life.
    Thanks for this. Can you speak to the battery life any more? Better, worse or the same as the K1? Does the picture you posted scale linearly, i.e. roughly 10% / hr from 100-0. What has your usage been like? Also, what has your standby usage been like, like 1% / hr, 2, 3?

I've owned various "battery champs" over the years and tend to be disappointed for the most part. Sure, under ideal conditions you can get more than 1 day, but when you put some apps on there and DO things with your phone, that figure drops sharply.

Thanks for doing this thread!
    06-26-18 07:46 AM
    Please, do the numeric keys work in the calculator app or do you need to hold the alt key? Thx
    06-26-18 06:37 PM
    Please, do the numeric keys work in the calculator app or do you need to hold the alt key? Thx
    I think that depends on the app. On K1, if you rapidly double click the Alt key it will num lock and you'll see it set on the upper status bar
    06-26-18 10:53 PM
    Thses are some issues reported by the keytwo users from China, can you confirm these:

1. There is no notification sound when you plug in the charger to charge the phone, even though they have enabled the notification sound in the setting.

2. The phone does not work with any headset other than the headset that come with the phone.
    06-27-18 03:48 AM
    Reply deleted due to error in info.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 06-29-18 at 07:34 AM.
    06-29-18 06:05 AM
    I have several calculator apps on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and all work with the number keys without holding or locking the Alt key. Even my bank app works that way in a numbers field.
    When i open the out of the box calculator and type 123 on my k1, it shows "wer"
    06-29-18 07:16 AM
    You are correct and I am in error. I guess when needing numbers I instinctively long press Alt before typing or I use the app keypad.
    Hopefully that will be corrected in an update or in the Key²
    06-29-18 07:25 AM
    download the blackberry calculator app on APKmirror... everything works with the keyboard with no need to hold alt
    06-29-18 12:35 PM
388 ... 13141516