What I want to know is if the new right shift replacement shortcut button thingy can still be mapped as ctrl. If not, I'm f'ked.
    I think if you press it and then the three dots on the left side. It's like a ctrl... or maybe that was an alt key. Anyway... something like that.
    06-14-18 08:42 PM
    Yes. Clarity is better and it is louder when on a voice call on speaker. Not as loud as the Passport however.
    I'm praying this is true! If so I'm going to love this device! All I was looking for was improved performance and speaker from KEYOne.
    06-14-18 09:35 PM
    What I want to know is if the new right shift replacement shortcut button thingy can still be mapped as ctrl. If not, I'm f'ked.
    Nope, now you'll have to sacrifice the dollar sign key to work as the ctrl shortcuts... because who every types the dollar sign right?? Smfh
    06-14-18 09:36 PM
    Dose it have an LED notification Light?
    06-14-18 09:37 PM
    Dose it have an LED notification Light?
    Yes
    06-14-18 09:39 PM
    Nope, now you'll have to sacrifice the dollar sign key to work as the ctrl shortcuts... because who every types the dollar sign right?? Smfh
    It's a rather quick tap of the sym key to access the $.
    06-14-18 09:39 PM
    Yes
    Thanks bud
    towngirl likes this.
    06-14-18 09:40 PM
    Does it have WiFi connectivity issues, specifically 5GHz?

As many know, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ has lingering WiFi issues but since it's on Nougat I am trying to see if Oreo solve the problem.
    06-14-18 10:24 PM
    Any reason your not posting and photos especially low light ones. A few of us have asked can we see a few please.
    06-14-18 11:22 PM
    Any reason your not posting and photos especially low light ones. A few of us have asked can we see a few please.
    Posting photos is not very helpful as CB degrades the image. Also, the dual camera software is very early.
    06-14-18 11:24 PM
    I have a few questions regarding Snapchat.

You said the quality is better (which is great to hear). Are you talking about the back camera AND front facing camera? Or only the back camera?

Also how are videos on Snapchat, on the Keyone I find the pictures are somewhat below average and the videos are absolutely atrocious. It's embarrassing to use.

Thanks in advance!
    06-15-18 01:16 AM
    Yes, the keyboard is a dream.
    Proof:
    I saw in a German video that all 4 rows are capacitive - is this the case? Does it therefore scroll better/smoother?
    06-15-18 02:14 AM
    Because like Blaze said, I'm not on a retail device and it would be disrespectful to BlackBerry and TCL to post photos from a phone that may have outdated software or hardware that has since been revised.

I can ensure you the camera is great.
    06-15-18 07:50 AM
    Does it have WiFi connectivity issues, specifically 5GHz?

As many know, the KEYᵒⁿᵉ has lingering WiFi issues but since it's on Nougat I am trying to see if Oreo solve the problem.
    No 5Ghz issues. I use it at home. It was literally the first thing I tested when I got the device.
    RK_BB and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    06-15-18 07:52 AM
    I think this was already asked, but I didn't see the answer aside from conite claiming it would be useless...

Can you map the convenience key on the side of the phone to pull down the notifications shade?

I'm hoping to use the speed key for switching apps, the currency key as CTRL, and convenience key for the notifications shade.
    06-15-18 08:01 AM
    I think this was already asked, but I didn't see the answer aside from conite claiming it would be useless...

Can you map the convenience key on the side of the phone to pull down the notifications shade?

I'm hoping to use the speed key for switching apps, the currency key as CTRL, and convenience key for the notifications shade.
    If I said that, I must have misunderstood you.
    06-15-18 08:30 AM

It is already possible to make the notification bar pull down with the convenience key on the KEYone. You just have to map it to 'pull status bar' app, which you have to download. Works great.
    06-15-18 08:32 AM
    Do keyboard shortcuts and speed key work with other launchers?
    06-15-18 08:51 AM
    If I said that, I must have misunderstood you.
    No worries, I may have misunderstood you as well. I think you were responding to someone else with the same question.

I am sure it is going to be possible with 3rd party button mapping apps, but I'd like to see it baked into the configuration options on the device. It just kind of makes sense since that button is the closest to where the notifications will appear when the shade is down.

I'm still on a priv, so I'll be happy to just to have a convenience button.
    06-15-18 08:59 AM
    Do keyboard shortcuts and speed key work with other launchers?
    I believe this was already answered and the keyboard shortcuts and speed key do work with other launchers (may not work with all though)
    06-15-18 11:43 AM
    Great... it wasn't broken, and yet they fixed it. So you can turn $ into ctrl in settings in the k2? This is probably a niche within a niche, but apart from text editing, anybody using terminal emulators / SSH clients etc., knows that ctrl is the one key you really need to get things done quick. Damn.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-15-18 01:08 PM
    Bumping my question-- how is the balance of weight? When typing a lot is it awkward to keep it help up -- any wrist or awkward hand pain from being top heavy? Hopefully better than K1 since lighter? Thanks.
    joewoo and Mrs Teapot like this.
    06-15-18 01:09 PM
    Right, sym+$. I guess I can get used to that since I've memorised most of the sym shortcuts by now. Surprisingly not many people know that the sym+[key] combination gives you the character and the sym menu disappears.

Problem is that I am using a UK keyboard / dictionary, so $ is £. At least on my KEYone I cannot call $ from the sym menu, only with alt-$.

But of course they had do go on and fix what wasn't broken. They had to move buttons about to make it look like it's more than just a better CPU. What's next, a two-row keyboard? ETAOIN SHRDLU? Damn.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-15-18 01:17 PM
    It was a quicker tap to hit the dollar key... The point is not that it's impossible to get to, but that it wasn't necessary to replace another key that is used. There is literally a blank fake key space next to the speedkey that could have been used. Or simply give an option for the speedkey function. It makes no sense to make something else more inconvenient to give you something convenient...
    AmritD likes this.
    06-15-18 04:18 PM
    Great... it wasn't broken, and yet they fixed it. So you can turn $ into ctrl in settings in the k2? This is probably a niche within a niche, but apart from text editing, anybody using terminal emulators / SSH clients etc., knows that ctrl is the one key you really need to get things done quick. Damn.
    Exactly, there are so many other ways they could have done it that wouldn't have made something else worse, but hey, let's do it this way instead...
    AmritD likes this.
    06-15-18 04:20 PM
388 ... 89101112 ...