No, I don't have that problem. Sounds like they got bad batches.
    Thanks OP for the info!
    06-14-18 01:48 AM
    Should be @blackberrymobile
    That account doesn't seem to exist. @bbmobile maybe?
    06-14-18 02:47 AM
    Yes, the speakers are loads better.
    Yes, the signal is way better.
    Yes, the keyboard is a dream.
    Yes, the camera is awesome.
    Yes, the phone is fast.
    Yes, apps don't reload anymore.

Proof:
    Any feedback related to the onscreen buttons? It seems that they left them on even though they are not hardware anymore, if you install a different launcher, is the black bar still present at the bottom of the screen?
    06-14-18 03:24 AM
    That account doesn't seem to exist. @bbmobile maybe?
    Here you go. @bbmobile is correct.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 06-14-18 at 03:39 AM.
    06-14-18 03:28 AM
    @YeahIgottheKey2 Dear OP , Thanks for clarifying the points patiently . Salutations to you . Your candid answers have given me enough reasons to go for this device . Have a great day.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-14-18 03:35 AM
    Yes. Clarity is better and it is louder when on a voice call on speaker. Not as loud as the Passport however.
    Dear friend! And what about the quality and sound of the internal ear speaker?
    06-14-18 03:45 AM
    You also might try here but in looking over the tweets it doesn't look like it deals with BlackBerry phones released after the PRIV.
    06-14-18 04:02 AM
    I have tired to determine that information but I cannot find an application that will tell you that information.
    I looked up your headphones and they are aptx. So I think when connecting, it should have a little tick box saying 'Use high quality audio: aptX'.

And else, you could look into developer options (settings - about phone - tapping build nummer 7 times). There should be a option like 'select bluetooth audio codec'. There you can see if aptx (HD) is in the list. Could you please check both ways and let us know? I really want to know if they support it.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-140125.jpg  
    degeollar likes this.
    06-14-18 06:25 AM
    I looked up your headphones and they are aptx. So I think when connecting, it should have a little tick box saying 'Use high quality audio: aptX'.

And else, you could look into developer options (settings - about phone - tapping build nummer 7 times). There should be a option like 'select bluetooth audio codec'. There you can see if aptx (HD) is in the list. Could you please check both ways and let us know? I really want to know if they support it.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-140124.jpg  
    06-14-18 06:26 AM
    That is interesting.. I don't ever remember seeing either of those options on any of my phones.
    06-14-18 06:33 AM
    That is interesting.. I don't ever remember seeing either of those options on any of my phones.
    The one I mentioned in the developer options is only available in Android Oreo (8). I have used that myself on my Sony Xperia X Compact. The other pop-up I have never seen or used, because I don't have aptx headphones to test.
    06-14-18 06:35 AM
    The one I mentioned in the developer options is only available in Android Oreo (8). I have used that myself on my Sony Xperia X Compact. The other pop-up I have never seen or used, because I don't have aptx headphones to test.
    I guess that explains why I only found it on my Nexus 5X Thanks for the tip. I believe my headphones are AptX, but I'll have to double-check. Under BT options for them, it has a box labeled HD Audio. I don't believe the 5X supports AptX though.
    06-14-18 07:01 AM
    I guess that explains why I only found it on my Nexus 5X Thanks for the tip. I believe my headphones are AptX, but I'll have to double-check. Under BT options for them, it has a box labeled HD Audio. I don't believe the 5X supports AptX though.
    I don't think they do, according to this article, though it was a year ago. https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...k-nexus-6p-5x/

Did you look in the developer settings if it's there?
    06-14-18 08:48 AM
    I don't think they do, according to this article, though it was a year ago. https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...k-nexus-6p-5x/

Did you look in the developer settings if it's there?
    Yes, that's what I was referring to only seeing on my 5X. In settings for my headphones on the 5X, I wonder what codec "HD Audio" refers to..

I kind of remember discussion about whether or not aptx support could be added via software or if it required firmware/hardware support. The article kind of alludes to it but also mentions licensing, which probably means no regardless.
    06-14-18 09:17 AM

Thanks for that.

Here it is. But there's no option to select it when I plug my headphones in.

When I change it under developer options, it does not save and reverts to 'default'.

So no, I don't think it's supported.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-4813.jpg  
    06-14-18 10:30 AM
    Thanks for that.

When I change it under developer options, it does not save and reverts to 'default'.

Thank you! Plug in? You mean connect your bluetooth headphones right?

If you press the 'settings' icon next to your connected bluetooth device in the bluetooth list, do you see the aptx pop up I, like this?
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-140124.jpg  
    06-14-18 10:46 AM
    Thanks for that.

Any feedback related to the onscreen buttons? It seems that they left them on even though they are not hardware anymore, if you install a different launcher, is the black bar still present at the bottom of the screen?
    06-14-18 02:10 PM
    They loo identical to k1 from photos...
    06-14-18 02:29 PM
    Great. Let's add even more.
    It should also include a free dozen donuts and Walmart gift card. That's fair isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 04:13 PM
    For quite some time I'm trying to get somebody to answer my inquiries. Maybe you could help? Thanks.

Also which options do you see when you connect the phone to a Windows PC via USB. I presume, that you're running the final version of Ore0 8.1?

On KeyOne's Nougat it's:

Charge & Data
    Charge Only
    Boost mode

and then when you tap on charge & data it's:
    1. Charge this device
    2. Transfer files
    3.Transfer photos (PTP)
    4.Use device as MIDI

Is there something new here? USB Mass storage for instance?
    And:

Does the Key2 have the same color picker for LED notification lights as the KeyOne?

I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-screenshot_20180610-225838.jpg

Or are there more colors now? What about the traditional "disco light"?
    Didn't find a app that can do it!
    More notification light colors. Only seven now. But more importantly, bring back "Disco light." I haven't found a single LED app in the Google Play store that has the good ol' BeBuzz "Disco light." Pure from a nostalgic P.O.V., it would be nice if BlackBerry/TCL could bring this back with a next update.

06-14-18 04:20 PM
    Rarely do people support a phone they like being more expensive, guess you're a rare bird...
    Personally, I would prefer pay few dollar more for a company that will exist for support of duration of my NEW phone and subsequent upgrade path (that to me is 3-6 years), rather than the company pop up make a big splash and went away to leave me hanging dry... (the same reason xiaomi might not be my choice of phone even it is cheaper - I can't see the long term prospect of 1 billion lost company business model... or ZTE that all out grap market share including violation of few laws).. "fight one shot and change places" might be great for revolution, but survive for business model is not sustainable, at least in NA - china is follow different rules. I guess majority of CBs are my type of breed, you might be a "rare"... (could be common in BBMo, not sure... we definitely live in polar opposite;-).
    06-14-18 04:39 PM
    Personally, I would prefer pay few dollar more for a company that will exist for support of duration of my NEW phone and subsequent upgrade path (that to me is 3-6 years), rather than the company pop up make a big splash and went away to leave me hanging dry... (the same reason xiaomi might not be my choice of phone even it is cheaper - I can't see the long term prospect of 1 billion lost company business model... or ZTE that all out grap market share including violation of few laws).. "fight one shot and change places" might be great for revolution, but survive for business model is not sustainable, at least in NA - china is follow different rules. I guess majority of CBs are my type of breed, you might be a "rare"... (could be common in BBMo, not sure... we definitely live in polar opposite;-).
    BlackBerry won't fit the bill on that count, they EOL'd the Priv after 2 years.
    06-14-18 04:49 PM
    BlackBerry won't fit the bill on that count, they EOL'd the Priv after 2 years.
    That was a completely different circumstance. The Priv was a BlackBerry Ltd device and it really was a victim of the circumstance of BlackBerry getting out of hardware.
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-14-18 04:53 PM
    still waiting for low light picturez
    06-14-18 05:22 PM
    What I want to know is if the new right shift replacement shortcut button thingy can still be mapped as ctrl. If not, I'm f'ked.
    06-14-18 08:19 PM
388 ... 7891011 ...