Yes, the speakers are loads better.
    Yes, the signal is way better.
    Yes, the keyboard is a dream.
    Yes, the camera is awesome.
    Yes, the phone is fast.
    Yes, apps don't reload anymore.

Proof:
    Are you getting better, comparable or less battery life than the keyone?
    06-13-18 05:09 AM
    I won't comment on how I obtained the device. It is not the retail version but it is identical to the retail version as far as I'm aware but don't quote me on that. From what I can see when I compare the device to reviewer photos from the Internet, the device is identical. When I got the device, I offered a 435mb software update and it is now on the May 2018 security patch.

8.1.0 is the Android software version.

Critical differences? The keyboard is larger, the height of the device is larger, the keyboard feels like the BlackBerry PRIV keyboard got enlarged and slapped on the device, the rear of the device has different texture and overall the device is more square / slab than rounded which the K1 was.
    If the BlackBerry Priv's keyboard was slapped on the KEY2, it would have an IP rating.

I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-screenshot_20180517-213945.jpgI got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-screenshot_20180517-214033.jpg
    06-13-18 05:11 AM
    Does screen look strong? It won't scratch easy? I has that problem with KeyOne, change screens 3 times!! :-(
    06-13-18 06:18 AM
    Rarely do people support a phone they like being more expensive, guess you're a rare bird...
    If I want a pkb niche device with higher end specs, it simply is what it is. If people don't buy it at that price, they just won't make any more.
    You know all the parts assembled is like a max of $150 per device?
    Low volume runs of custom components? Not even close.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-13-18 06:30 AM
    Bend test?
    Good one.
    06-13-18 06:48 AM
    Indeed!! Can't wait to buy One!!

Posted via CB10
    Two!! See what I did there...
    06-13-18 06:51 AM
    I know the key2 you have still new but i want to double check about black color as you are now using black BBK2. If blackberry key2 black color got scratched the layer underneath the surface is silver or black? And is it easily getting scraches on the surface?
    06-13-18 07:08 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great post OP! Thanks and very much looking forward to getting this phone...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 08:37 AM
    06-13-18 08:46 AM
    When typing, does the height make it top heavy and uncomfortable, or is it balanced with a low center of gravity? I'm on a Classic which is heavier, but shorter, and it doesn't strain my wrists or hands. Does the K2 take "effort" to keep held up vs falling backwards/down while typing a lot? Not sure if I'm getting my point across. I type a LOT vs other uses. Thanks.
    06-13-18 10:13 AM
    You said that the speaker is louder. Does that translate into a louder speaker phone? Does that mean that the clarity is better too?

Thanks for the early insight btw.
    06-13-18 11:23 AM
    Can an admin please change title to "I have the BlackBerry Key2...." no offense to the op.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-18 11:35 AM
    If I want a pkb niche device with higher end specs, it simply is what it is. If people don't buy it at that price, they just won't make any more. Low volume runs of custom components? Not even close.
    I get where you're coming from and I do agree as well but you can't change consumer perception. 1st rule in retail, never argue with the customer.

I do like that you're trying to point out the value in the device but it's a tough sell. People these days are so trained to only look at specs and screen size and all that. Keyboard and custom software rarely register as value items.

But one could argue that in order to attract new customers, they could offer these added value items at a similar price to devices with similar specs. Yes they might be eating a bit of that money but at the same time they'd be gaining market share...whatever that's worth.
    towngirl likes this.
    06-13-18 11:53 AM
    I get where you're coming from and I do agree as well but you can't change consumer perception. 1st rule in retail, never argue with the customer.

I do like that you're trying to point out the value in the device but it's a tough sell. People these days are so trained to only look at specs and screen size and all that. Keyboard and custom software rarely register as value items.

But one could argue that in order to attract new customers, they could offer these added value items at a similar price to devices with similar specs. Yes they might be eating a bit of that money but at the same time they'd be gaining market share...whatever that's worth.
    They are not going to lose money on every KEY² sold. They don't have the resources for such a thing. Frankly, I suspect that they still haven't come close to recouping their startup costs.
    06-13-18 11:58 AM
    They are not going to lose money on every KEY² sold. They don't have the resources for such a thing. Frankly, I suspect that they still haven't come close to recouping their startup costs.
    They won't or they can't lose money? Two different things. Look at Nokia another comeback brand with a storied past. They're offering insane value on their new phones similar to many Chinese value brands...they must be losing money on those. But to be relevant again has a price.
    06-13-18 12:06 PM
    They won't or they can't lose money? Two different things. Look at Nokia another comeback brand with a storied past. They're offering insane value on their new phones similar to many Chinese value brands...they must be losing money on those. But to be relevant again has a price.
    Price is the only differentiator in the overcrowded slab market.

BlackBerry Mobile already knows that the costs of licencing and acquiring BlackBerry Android puts them on a another, more expensive path. Add to that a long list of low-volume, completely custom components, and they wouldn't stand a chance in the race to the bottom spec/price market.

TCL's best bet is to find the right spec/price balance that people would be most comfortable paying for - but always understanding that it will forever be a niche player of premium (not necessarily high-spec) devices.

At the end of the day, if people don't value a pkb and the other durability and security features, then such is life. TCL will move on to greener pastures.
    rjedge54 and elfabio80 like this.
    06-13-18 12:13 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Price is the only differentiator in the overcrowded slab market.

BlackBerry Mobile already knows that the costs of licencing and acquiring BlackBerry Android puts them on a another, more expensive path. Add to that a long list of low-volume, completely custom components, and they wouldn't stand a chance in the race to the bottom spec/price market.

TCL's best bet is to find the right spec/price balance that people would be most comfortable paying for - but always understanding that it will forever be a niche player of premium (not necessarily high-spec) devices.

At the end of the day, if people don't value a pkb and the other durability and security features, then such is life. TCL will move on to greener pastures.
    Well said... I would love them to produce a Keytwo Limited Edition Pro, with even higher specs and price... for those pkb who want the very best and don't mind paying $1200 for a phone but don't want samsung or iphone....

Posted via CB10
    herbersh likes this.
    06-13-18 12:27 PM
    Sorry to say this... but black edition also does app reloading all the times and it lags all the times... it is just little better that silver edition.
    Thank you for letting me know. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
    ppeters914 and Warchild0350 like this.
    06-13-18 12:32 PM
    Thank you for letting me know. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
    What do you mean by "app reloading" ?
    06-13-18 12:36 PM
    What is the app reloading issue ya'll are talking about? Can someone explain it?
    It's when you have apps left in the recents screen, and when you come back to them an unspecified time later, they "reload" and start over as if you were using the programs for the first time that day.
    It's really annoying if you have a browser with several tabs open, or you were working on something and have to go through the process of getting back to where you last stopped. QUITE annoying.
    krzyabn and Smokeaire like this.
    06-13-18 12:36 PM
    What do you mean by "app reloading" ?
    See my comment directly below the one you used to ask me that question. I explained it there.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-13-18 12:40 PM
    How does the android 8.1 Oreo feel.

Do you have apps on split screen?

Can you view youtube in picture in picture mode?
    06-13-18 12:58 PM
    See my comment directly below the one you used to ask me that question. I explained it there.
    Thanks
    06-13-18 01:40 PM
    Thanks
    You're welcome.
    06-13-18 01:45 PM
    No one even replied to my question I asked for several times. I am still wondering, does it have aptx support or not at all?
    06-13-18 02:28 PM
388 ... 56789 ...