I don't think they're stereo speakers but Gizmodo claims they are.

They're a lot better than the K1 that's for sure.
    Thanks for sharing and calling you out earlier. Looks as though you have the KEY² "subscribed"
    06-12-18 02:41 PM
    Can one change the direction the keyboard swipes the screens? Like at my wife's K1, I think the swipe direction for going to the next screen with apps should be the other way round - or at least adjustable to each liking. Same for up/down. Is that possible now?
    06-12-18 02:41 PM
    Is there any option for gestures on the fingerprint sensor? The blackberry motion had a gesture to swipe down on it to bring down the notification tray
    supertom likes this.
    06-12-18 02:42 PM
    Currency key can be remapped to notification pulldown or ctrl.
    When the currency key is configured to pull down the notification shade, does it work from every screen or just the home screen?

I wish they will bring this feature to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    06-12-18 02:44 PM
    OP, could you please post a few pictures shot on Key2? All early reviewers served the public with the same “didn’t have much time to test the camera” b/s so I suspect there’s some kind of a gag order from TCL regarding the camera, which is not good. Thanks.
    06-12-18 02:48 PM
    Do keyboard Shortcuts and speed key work with non-Blackberry launcher like Nova?
    06-12-18 03:11 PM
    Not very likely. That never happened with developer and promo BB10 devices.
    They won't get updates beyond the review OS unless you somehow have a retail version. What happened on BB10 is irrelvant. Especially if yours has the bootloader unlocked screen.
    06-12-18 03:14 PM
    Hi there!

Thanks for your valuable input so far, OP.

My question to you: Does the Key2 have a Pointer Mode available? That basically is the ability to use the physical keyboard as a trackpad to move a mouse cursor across the screen. You can then 'tap' the keyboard which acts as a 'left-click' that clicks on whatever is underneath the cursor. With pointer mode you can use your phone without ever having to touch the screen. It is such a great feature that I find myself using it everyday on my Priv.

See below for more info on how it works on a Priv and KeyOne:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-priv-1100792/

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...v-had-1126647/
    wldcrd likes this.
    06-12-18 03:17 PM
    OP, could you please post a few pictures shot on Key2? All early reviewers served the public with the same “didn’t have much time to test the camera” b/s so I suspect there’s some kind of a gag order from TCL regarding the camera, which is not good. Thanks.
    There's no real gag order, the people who went hands-on didn't have a device of their own outside of the demo devices which were all running not finalized software. It wouldn't be an accurate representation anyway. Plus, if you look hard enough there's plenty of sample shots around. Any reviewer worth a damn isn't going to give you sample shots based on a non-finalized OS out of respect for you, BlackBerry Mobile and their own credibility.

If you start seeing real reviews and there's no sample shots or full blown thoughts on the camera, that would be sketchy though.
    Ecm and ev44 like this.
    06-12-18 03:22 PM
    When the currency key is configured to pull down the notification shade, does it work from every screen or just the home screen?

I'm not sure, but worst case, you just mash both keys together.
    06-12-18 03:22 PM
    I'm not sure, but worst case, you just mash both keys together.
    You mean Speed + Currency?
    06-12-18 03:23 PM

Works everywhere.
    06-12-18 03:26 PM
    They won't get updates beyond the review OS unless you somehow have a retail version. What happened on BB10 is irrelvant. Especially if yours has the bootloader unlocked screen.

Wanna PM me on how to check for the boatloader unlocked screen?

I have an application called Safeguard that I've since disabled in the app's options. The contact email in it is a @tci.com email address.

Maybe TCI/BB would like the device back one day
    06-12-18 03:36 PM

Wanna PM me on how to check for the boatloader unlocked screen?

I have an application called Safeguard that I've since disabled in the app's options. The contact email in it is a @tci.com email address.

Maybe TCI/BB would like the device back one day
    No need. You would know. It literally flashes across the screen on bootup and stays there for 1 min, so it sounds like you, at the very least, have a 'closer' to retail version.
    06-12-18 03:38 PM
    No need. You would know. It literally flashes across the screen on bootup and stays there for 1 min, so it sounds like you, at the very least, have a 'closer' to retail version.
    Don't see that. This device says developer and has a stamp below the keyboard saying not for sale and a serial number.
    06-12-18 04:21 PM
    Currency key can be remapped to notification pulldown or ctrl.
    But the convenience key cannot be set to notification pulldown?
    06-12-18 04:30 PM
    But the convenience key cannot be set to notification pulldown?
    I'm not sure, but that would seem a colossal waste.
    06-12-18 04:37 PM
    As the screen size hasn't change, do the screen protectors from the old keyone fit the new Key2?
    As for the cases i know that size has changed a little so i need to buy one asap before my preorder arrives.
    06-12-18 04:39 PM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    You have answered all the importance questions I can think of, other than battery comparison with the KEYone.

Thanks
    Indeed!! Can't wait to buy One!!

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 04:45 PM
    How's the auto brightness on the key2? On keyone, the changes are very drastic and sudden.. Is it subtle on the keytwo?

How's the vertical scrolling on the keyboard? Is it better than keyone? Keyone seems a bit jerky.
    06-12-18 04:49 PM
    I use snapchat and the application is fast and smooth. It doesn't reload when you open other apps and switch to them. Snapchat opens almost with no delay. Switching windows inside the snapchat app has no delays.

To give you an example, I had snapchat, instagram, crackberry, browser, discord and another dozen apps open and I switched back and forth between apps and none of them reloaded.
    Thanks for the reply! I'm even more excited for this phone now!
    Back to snapchat, Are the snaps better quality now with this camera/software?
    Is there any improvement in that department?

Because on my keyone, the quality is so bad I'm forced to upload via the camera roll
    06-12-18 05:08 PM
    As the screen size hasn't change, do the screen protectors from the old keyone fit the new Key2?
    As for the cases i know that size has changed a little so i need to buy one asap before my preorder arrives.
    Screen size hasn't changed but how the screen is has. Plus, the display is integrated now so there's no longer a seperation/seam. You could likely force a KEYone screen protector on there but it won't actually fit properly.

I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-img_1954.jpg
    06-12-18 05:12 PM
    Screen size hasn't changed but how the screen is has. Plus, the display is integrated now so there's no longer a seperation/seam. You could likely force a KEYone screen protector on there but it won't actually fit properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1954.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	820.9 KB 
ID:	436863
    Bla1ze can you confirm that the speaker on KEY2 is better than on KEYOne? Can you comment on your opinion of its volume and clarity?
    06-12-18 05:19 PM
    Does it feel quicker than the K1 in terms of scrolling and launching apps?
    06-12-18 05:20 PM
    Don't see that. This device says developer and has a stamp below the keyboard saying not for sale and a serial number.
    Does it support hdmi or displayport?

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    06-12-18 05:54 PM
388 ... 23456 ...