I want to apologize for not responding sooner. I like sleep.

Is the sound quality and loudness like Passport?

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard reminds me of the BlackBerry Passport. It is nothing like the BlackBerry K1. The keys are bigger and feel physically different.

The sound quality is more in line with the BlackBerry Passport. Sound is no longer disorientated nor does it feel hollow or tiny. A big improvement.

Volume is great. I think it's very comparable to the BlackBerry Passport which I have owned in the past.
    06-12-18 12:03 PM
    Nice! How does it feel in the hand compared to the keyone? Does it feel significantly lighter? Do you got the silver or black edition? Is the typing experience drastically different?
    I have the black edition. I have not seen the silver edition so I cannot comment on it. My colour preference will always be black, it is way more sleek than any silver device can be. I think it also looks nicer than my silver edition K1.

Typing is drastically different. The keys are larger and the material used on the keys are a bit harsher than the K1. It has a BlackBerry PRIV and BlackBerry Passport feel to the keyboard.

Weight is noticeably lighter. The K1 has some weight to it. The K2 feels much lighter but I feel there is better grip with the materials used on the body of the K2.

How's it feel? Light and like you could use it for hours without your wrists getting pain.
    06-12-18 12:10 PM
    Snapchat performance please???
    I use snapchat and the application is fast and smooth. It doesn't reload when you open other apps and switch to them. Snapchat opens almost with no delay. Switching windows inside the snapchat app has no delays.

To give you an example, I had snapchat, instagram, crackberry, browser, discord and another dozen apps open and I switched back and forth between apps and none of them reloaded.
    06-12-18 12:13 PM
    You're signal doesn't look all that great
    My accomandation has bad signal. It always has. The difference with the K2 is unlike the K1 when someone calls me, the voice call doesn't drop or my voice doesn't become disorientated where the other party on the line cannot understand me.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    06-12-18 12:15 PM
    Is the screen glued on properly?
    06-12-18 12:16 PM
    Does it feel like a premium device in your hands?
    Yes. Very much so. It feels a lot like a more refined version of the BlackBerry PRIV and what the K1 should have been back when it was launched. It feels more like an original BlackBerry while the K1 to me felt like weird attempt to make a BlackBerry without it paying homage to a BlackBerry.
    06-12-18 12:17 PM
    Is the screen glued on properly?
    Time will tell LOL
    06-12-18 12:19 PM
    How is the audio with headphones. they said HD audio, so was wondering if the DAC has improved with the 660
    Once I find my wired IEMs, I'll let you know. I have wireless headphones which sound fantastic with the K2.

The sound quality in the speakers has improved immensely. Sound does no longer feel harsh or disorientated at any volume or with any track unlike the K1. The speakers are much like the BlackBerry Passport.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    06-12-18 12:21 PM
    Time will tell LOL
    The screen is not curved or at least it is not on my model. I don't think the screen can fall out the same way it did with the K1. Until we get a teardown video, I dare say it is very secure and probably secured the whole length of the screen on all 4 sides.
    06-12-18 12:23 PM
    Yes, the speakers are loads better.
    Yes, the signal is way better.
    Yes, the keyboard is a dream.
    Yes, the camera is awesome.
    Yes, the phone is fast.
    Yes, apps don't reload anymore.

Proof:
    “Speakers” ? So it finally got stereo speakers then?
    06-12-18 12:25 PM
    “Speakers” ? So it finally got stereo speakers then?
    No
    06-12-18 12:28 PM
    OP, you say you have a phone not yet released. Do you have a PreProduction model? Realistically, are there critical difference between K1 and K2?
    #1 Where did u get it? :-P

But seriously, when u say the speakers are better, that's when compared to the KEYone?
    I won't comment on how I obtained the device. It is not the retail version but it is identical to the retail version as far as I'm aware but don't quote me on that. From what I can see when I compare the device to reviewer photos from the Internet, the device is identical. When I got the device, I offered a 435mb software update and it is now on the May 2018 security patch.

8.1.0 is the Android software version.

Critical differences? The keyboard is larger, the height of the device is larger, the keyboard feels like the BlackBerry PRIV keyboard got enlarged and slapped on the device, the rear of the device has different texture and overall the device is more square / slab than rounded which the K1 was.
    06-12-18 12:29 PM
    No
    Speakers aren't stereo, correct.
    06-12-18 12:32 PM

The keyboard reminds me of the BlackBerry Passport. It is nothing like the BlackBerry K1. The keys are bigger and feel physically different.
    Glad to read that the keyboard is improved over the KEYone, which is average (too glossy keys in particular). When you say it reminds you of the Passport, that is very good news. Only: the keyboard of the Passport Silver Edition was quite a tactile improvement over the original black edition. The latter keys had more ‘click’ and needed more pressing than on the SE where all is just smoother. Are you comparing to the original Passport or to the SE?
    06-12-18 12:33 PM
    Is the keyboard backlighting adjustable?

Yes, the speakers are loads better.
    Yes, the signal is way better.
    Yes, the keyboard is a dream.
    Yes, the camera is awesome.
    Yes, the phone is fast.
    Yes, apps don't reload anymore.

Proof:
    06-12-18 12:35 PM
    Is the keyboard backlighting adjustable?
    Yes but only if you use night mode.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-900.jpg  
    06-12-18 12:40 PM
    They just joined us (Crackberry) TODAY . Fake news !!!
    06-12-18 12:42 PM
    U r fake news
    ppeters914 and BLu like this.
    06-12-18 12:43 PM
    One question: how much?
    06-12-18 12:47 PM
    Pretty clear that the OP created a separate CB account to protect his identity in order to share his findings. I salute you!

My question has to do with the speed key. There's a debate about it's effectiveness because it requires two handed use. My question is, do the shortcuts still work from the homescreen without having to press the speed key?
    Yes but only if you use night mode.
    Thanks for quick reply!

Nicely done! Another requested feature delivered. BBMo has definitely read (and listened) to those customer surveys!
    Once I find my wired IEMs, I'll let you know. I have wireless headphones which sound fantastic with the K2.

The sound quality in the speakers has improved immensely. Sound does no longer feel harsh or disorientated at any volume or with any track unlike the K1. The speakers are much like the BlackBerry Passport.
    Does it support apt-x (HD) trough Bluetooth?
    06-12-18 12:48 PM
    ...It is not the retail version...
    I was told by a guy at the pop up showroom, that these devices are only promo devices (I guess PRD-63825-803) and won't receive any more updates.
    06-12-18 12:51 PM
    I was told by a guy at the pop up showroom, that these devices are only promo devices (I guess PRD-63825-803) and won't receive any more updates.
    Not very likely. That never happened with developer and promo BB10 devices.
    06-12-18 12:58 PM
    how's the camera quality compared to other phones that are not blackberry aka s8/s9/pixel 2 / iPhonex / note 8
    06-12-18 01:04 PM
388 1234 ...