Good luck.
    11-01-18 08:59 AM
    It did make a difference to register the device to ATT. At least for me. YMMV.
    11-04-18 07:51 AM
    It did make a difference to register the device to ATT. At least for me. YMMV.
    I did in fact go to an AT&T corporate store and get a replacement SIM card and officially register the IMEI of my KEY2. But in all honesty I don't detect any difference in functionality than what I had previously when I had inserted the SIM card from my AT&T branded PRIV.

I am curious what difference you noticed?

Bob
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    11-04-18 08:42 AM
    Didn't someone say that there was a difference in call quality -- but it started weeks after the IMEI was registered? I don't remember the thread/post.
    11-04-18 09:43 AM
    Didn't someone say that there was a difference in call quality -- but it started weeks after the IMEI was registered? I don't remember the thread/post.
    I don't recall that post, but the reason I went to a corporate AT&T store and got a new SIM card and registered my IMEI, was in hope of improving my call clarity/quality.

I do have acceptable call calrity/quality for most of the time. The most noticeable poor call clarity/quality is when I talk with my children who use iPhones... odd that being on an iPhone would be the reason. That being said, this weekend they were all out on the Left Coast in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood and when I spoke with them the call clarity/quality was very good. Perhaps it's a cellular network issue and being in that neighborhood the cellular system is better... 😁

Bob
    11-04-18 12:42 PM
    I don't recall that post, but the reason I went to a corporate AT&T store and got a new SIM card and registered my IMEI, was in hope of improving my call clarity/quality.

I do have acceptable call calrity/quality for most of the time. The most noticeable poor call clarity/quality is when I talk with my children who use iPhones... odd that being on an iPhone would be the reason. That being said, this weekend they were all out on the Left Coast in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood and when I spoke with them the call clarity/quality was very good. Perhaps it's a cellular network issue and being in that neighborhood the cellular system is better... ������

Bob
    Got it. Thanks. I wish I could find the post I am referring to, but someone said they specifically would not register, because they found when they did, call quality dropped off, at some point thereafter. There were several posts as to why they didn't, other comments, etc. Me being a tech idiot, I can't say whether to do so or not -- so I am just doing a lot of reading and trying to learn. Thanks.
    11-04-18 12:57 PM
    I wasn't satisfied initially with the call quality when I took the SIM card from my AT&T branded PRIV and put it in my KEY2. I thought perhaps getting a fresh SIM card might have a positive effect. It didn't have any effect with the call quality or any other functionality from what I can tell.

In following up with AT&T Technical Support, and from input here on CB, it appears to be an issue with the KEY2 not having support from AT&T with VoLTE/HD Voice Connectivity.

Bob
    11-04-18 01:06 PM
    food for thought but where I come from no slider no move.
    the very basic action of being able to answer a call by opening it is the holding factor .with oily paws and no glasses there is no other in the same league.
    11-05-18 12:40 AM
    from priv that is
    11-05-18 01:11 AM
    food for thought but where I come from no slider no move.
    the very basic action of being able to answer a call by opening it is the holding factor .with oily paws and no glasses there is no other in the same league.
    Right but the overall advantages of a KEY2 crushes the Priv in general.

Sure, sliding open to answer is nice, but lasting consistently a full day and then some with 6 hours SOT, all while having a much speedier device, is even nicer.
    11-05-18 04:20 AM
    I thought I would take a moment and post up some of my impressions since having my Black KEY2 for a month now. As I have mentioned previously, I have been using devices from BlackBerry since 2005 when I purchased a BlackBerry 7130C and they had thumb wheels. I have had them all except the Passport which did not appeal to me personally. Without a doubt, BlackBerry devices have come a long way since then.

I transitioned to the KEY2 from using a PRIV for just short of 3 years. Despite some of the PRIV's shortcomings, I felt the PRIV was overall a decent device and it served me well for 3 years. However, it was time to upgrade as it was getting tired without a doubt. The KEYone had my interest but I'm glad I didn't purchase one, especially the earlier production, because of the screen issue.

We purchase smartphones for a varied amount of reasons and for me the primary task I require from a smartphone is the ability to communicate. Obviously being a long time user of BlackBerry devices the PKB is of significant importance for me to comfortably type emails, text messages over the different messaging apps... Messages, BBM, and WhatsApp. In my first month of using my KEY2 it has performed extremely well as I find the PKB very functional and comfortable for me. I probably use the PKB on my KEY2 to communicate 90% of the time and 10% using my KEY2 for phone calls. In comparison to the PRIV, I find the KEY2 to be a much more comfortable device to use because of it's size and weight. The PRIV in the BlackBerry OEM Hard Case was a much larger and heavier device, so using the KEY2 with the BlackBerry OEM Soft Shell Case, the size and weight is quite noticeable.

I don't purchase a smartphone solely for the camera and I find the camera in the KEY2 to be more than adequate for my needs as it takes very decent pictures in my opinion. I am not on any social media sites so having the ability to post up pictures on AssBook, InstaChat, or SnapGram is of no importance to me. I am not taking pictures for magazine covers, periodicals, art shows, etc. I realize that the camera for some is a major requirement and clearly there are manufacturers that offer devices with cameras better than the KEY2. So if having a camera to take higher quality images is important to you, you all know your options. If I require a higher quality image than what the KEY2 can produce then I use my digital camera.

The PRIV had a very nice screen size in comparison to the KEY2. But in all honesty, I really am quite satisfied, for my needs, with the screen size with the KEY2. I don't watch movies or game on my smartphone... as I stated previously, I use my smartphone to communicate first and foremost. The PKB is most definitely more comfortable to navigate than the PRIV for me personally. I do find it reminiscent of the BlackBerry Bold 9900 which was one fantastic device in it's era of BlackBerry devices.

The one thing I do have a rub over is the voice clarity/quality of the KEY2 on AT&T as they do not support VoLTE/HD Voice Connectivity. This is not a negative of the KEY2 as it is capable, it is AT&T's decision to not support this feature on the KEY2. Typically I am overall satisfied with the voice clarity/quality. I find it most noticeable when talking with my children who are all using iPhones. Of course my children being millennials, they rarely ever use their iPhones to actually have a voice conversation. Their preferred method of communicating is via text messaging... hahaha

The bottom line for me is I find the KEY2 to be a fantastic device. TCL/BBMo have, in my opinion, produced a very capable device that meets my needs and requirements from a smartphone device. It is fast enough for me when I need to use the browser, the battery life is amazing... I can run the entire day starting with a full charge before I go to bed when I take it off the charger, and by the time I go to bed I still will have typically 50% of battery left. I could never get that from my PRIV ever, and you won't get that type of battery performance from an iPhone either. The turn around charge time is also excellent as well.

I have no doubt I will be very happy with my decision to purchase the KEY2 over the long term. I did look at other options before committing to purchasing the KEY2, but those options meant I would be typing on glass and that is just not going to happen. Well, unless TCL/BBMo stops making BlackBerry devices with the PKB. It will be interesting to see what TCL/BBMo has in store down the line. If they do produce a KEY3, which they undoubtedly will, I hope it isn't too significant of an upgrade from the KEY2 because then I will be faced with yet again another decision... hahaha

Bob
    the_boon and terminatorx like this.
    11-09-18 01:54 PM
    I have had my Key2 silver for two weeks now I absolutely love it I hope you enjoy yours.
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    11-09-18 02:54 PM
    I had a k1 since last July and overall liked the device. At first I never had this issue, but over time I found myself accidentally hitting the nav buttons more often while typing fast (ie. Back, home, recents).

Anyone else encounter this, and is it any better with the k2 keyboard?
    11-11-18 10:53 AM
    I had a k1 since last July and overall liked the device. At first I never had this issue, but over time I found myself accidentally hitting the nav buttons more often while typing fast (ie. Back, home, recents).

Anyone else encounter this, and is it any better with the k2 keyboard?
    You won't hit the buttons accidentally if you put on a tempered glass screen protector. Definitely worked for me when I had KEYone.

On my KEY2 I have those tempered glass protectors that curve and go up and around the navigation keys which is great as it doesn't hinder the sensitivity. Now as for hitting them accidentally, honestly, it never happens. Thanks to the bigger keyboard, I can comfortably swipe up with enough room and not end up hitting those keys.
    terminatorx likes this.
    11-11-18 03:05 PM
    You won't hit the buttons accidentally if you put on a tempered glass screen protector. Definitely worked for me when I had KEYone.

On my KEY2 I have those tempered glass protectors that curve and go up and around the navigation keys which is great as it doesn't hinder the sensitivity. Now as for hitting them accidentally, honestly, it never happens. Thanks to the bigger keyboard, I can comfortably swipe up with enough room and not end up hitting those keys.
    I never thought about that, good idea! Will have to get one of those. Thanks.
    11-11-18 05:51 PM
    Following this. Love my PRIV, but know the time will come to move on. Have loved my Blackberry's for the fixed keyboard. Still carry a Blackberry Classic for work and the PRIV is my personal. Have watched whole sporting events on the screen of the PRIV, will miss the screen when I move on. When the time comes to change I will be back to read the reviews.
    11-14-18 08:14 AM
    If only the PRIV was released with a slightly better cpu and Bluetooth, it would still be a kickass phone.

I still have the PRIV as a backup, but have switched to a black Key2. It's so much faster and more practical as a DD at this point than the Priv.

Stay tuned though, I'm very sure TCL will release their take on a BlackBerry slider soon.
    01-10-19 07:18 PM
    Stay tuned though, I'm very sure TCL will release their take on a BlackBerry slider soon.
    @EskeRahn would love nothing more !
    01-10-19 07:34 PM
    If only the PRIV was released with a slightly better cpu and Bluetooth, it would still be a kickass phone.

I still have the PRIV as a backup, but have switched to a black Key2. It's so much faster and more practical as a DD at this point than the Priv.

I'm coming up on 3 months since purchasing my KEY2 and I am absolutely pleased with my decision. As much as I loved my PRIV over the 3 years I used it the KEY2 is a far superior device.

If TCL/BBMo did come out with a PRIV2 it would have to be one helluva device for me to consider getting one. I too have my PRIV as a backup and I use it from time to time on WiFi... however after using the KEY2 I find the PRIV a less than satisfying experience in comparison to the KEY2. I never thought I would say/admit that but that's my honest opinion.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-10-19 at 08:48 PM.
    babugaru1 and terminatorx like this.
    01-10-19 08:26 PM

I didn't mind typing on the PRIV but typing on the KEY2 is way more efficient. It'll be hard to duplicate this keyboard in a skinny, "sliding" form factor.
    terminatorx likes this.
    01-10-19 08:49 PM
    After a week of use I am getting use to the Key2.
    Camera is more than adequate as I am not into selfies and snapping a lot of pictures
    Audio could be loader.

Overall I am pleased with. The next iteration should be special.
    01-10-19 09:32 PM
    It'll be hard to duplicate this keyboard in a skinny, "sliding" form factor.
    Meh, they could improve the key travel to be a bit better than the Priv while maintaining a relatively skinny profile I guess.

I'm more interested in them copying the Priv's unibody keyboard design on their upcoming devices so we can get an IP rating.
    01-12-19 07:19 PM
    After using my Priv for a month shy of 3 years, I will be transitioning to a KEY2. I just placed my order for a Black KEY2 from Amazon. Although I have been very happy with my Priv during this almost 3 years, I have been experiencing some issues of late that were not making me feel confident my Priv would continue to function as I require in the near future.

I have checked out other devices over the past few months and today I watched the Pixel 3 Google Event. Similar to Samsung and Apple, it's was clear these devices are all about the camera. I do use the device camera but it's not my #1 priority... I need a device that I can use to communicate using voice, email, and text over the different messaging apps I use. I went hands on with a S9 and a Pixel 2 but I just could not bring myself to believe I would ever be comfortable typing on glass. I have been with BlackBerry since 2005 starting with a 7130C device and I truly believe that I will be the most comfortable, as I have been over all these years, typing on a PKB.

I read through the threads here on CrackBerry regarding cases/screen protectors and it seems that the tempered glass screen protector from Supershieldz received the highest endorsement as well as the BlackBerry OEM Soft Shell Case... which unfortunately are nonexistent here in the states. I was able to place an order for one from Blueshop and that will be on it's way today and hopefully arriving towards the end of next week. I am hopeful I will like the KEY2 and I will report back once I receive it and get it activated with AT&T.

Bob
    welcome to the gang
    01-13-19 05:05 AM
    Remember to register your new device for ewarranty. See the BlackBerry help app on your device.
    01-21-19 09:37 AM
    Remember to register your new device for ewarranty. See the BlackBerry help app on your device.
    Registered my device first thing but this is a good reminder for others though... 👍

Bob
    01-21-19 10:01 AM
52 123