Was in selfridges today and thought I'd have a look at the silver to see if I made the right choice in buying the black version.

Silver definitely pops more as has been noted but overall I believe black is the right choice.

The silver one has silver bezels which looks really dated. The black when switched off looks bezel-less. Also the silver colour somehow makes it look cheap. The keyone was exactly the same, from a distance silver stands out but up close there was a tackyness about it.

The black colour is a bit more under the radar but in my opinion it looks like a more expensive device with the black colour hiding any possible cheapness.
    phuoc and rarsen like this.
    07-03-18 04:59 PM
    thanks but I think you are suffering from confirmation bias. pls be happy with your choice no need to justify it
    xristfer likes this.
    07-03-18 05:17 PM
    thanks but I think you are suffering from confirmation bias. pls be happy with your choice no need to justify it
    wrong.

nice username
    andy957 likes this.
    07-03-18 06:11 PM
    Disagree with silver lookin cheap. But it's all personal preference. I looked at both side by side and found the black to look a bit cheap and nasty.
    I even commented to the BlackBerry rep who had a silver one of his own that the black ones keypad looks like those awful Samsung keyboard add ons you can buy.

He laughed and agreed lol. To each their own!
    07-03-18 06:30 PM
    what a useless thread..lol..
    07-03-18 06:42 PM
    Disagree with silver lookin cheap. But it's all personal preference. I looked at both side by side and found the black to look a bit cheap and nasty.
    I even commented to the BlackBerry rep who had a silver one of his own that the black ones keypad looks like those awful Samsung keyboard add ons you can buy.

He laughed and agreed lol. To each their own!
    well the customer is always right even when hes wrong
    07-03-18 06:42 PM
    well the customer is always right even when hes wrong
    Nah, he would've remained impartial if he thought that really.
    He threw his silver next to the black and said "it speaks for itself really" .
    07-03-18 06:45 PM
    Nah, he would've remained impartial if he thought that really.
    He threw his silver next to the black and said "it speaks for itself really" .

the silver definitely looks cheap up close. black masks the chinese mobile cheapness. was exactly the same with the key1.

but if you like it then all good,
    nonamenomore likes this.
    07-03-18 06:49 PM
    At the beginning I was 100% sure I'd go Silver, but as time goes by I find myself hesitating a lot more than I thought about which color I'll go for
    07-04-18 05:42 AM
    the silver definitely looks cheap up close. black masks the chinese mobile cheapness. was exactly the same with the key1.

but if you like it then all good,
    Yeah the black definitely looks cheap close up and in photos. Silver is basically the exact same look and feel as Passport SE which I ddont ever recall anyone saying looked cheap...

But if you like the black then that's amazing. Choice eh?
    07-04-18 06:18 AM
    Yeah the black definitely looks cheap close up and in photos. Silver is basically the exact same look and feel as Passport SE which I ddont ever recall anyone saying looked cheap...

You're being silly now
    07-04-18 10:14 AM
    You're being silly now
    Lol. OK.
    07-04-18 10:17 AM
    what a useless thread..lol..
    We should always be open to hearing somebody's thoughts about anything BlackBerry related here in the forums! Thanks for sharing your opinion, OP.
    rarsen and Mercuryuser like this.
    07-04-18 04:20 PM

I dont think the silver looks cheap just dated given the nostalgic styling. Still its a tough choice for former se owners.
    07-05-18 01:33 AM
    I'm looking forward to the bronze special edition.
    07-05-18 01:53 AM
    I don’t really understand how some people think the silver K1 looks or feels cheap. I have one and I hate to put a cover on it because it looks and feels so good. It’s what really makes it stand out and get noticed. I also have a Motion, which is really a nice phone. While it’s beautiful in black it looks like pretty much every other black phone out there and doesn’t get noticed at all.

I’m anxious to check out the silver K2. The only thing I’m wondering about is the seam at the side of the keyboard that seems to show up in some pictures of it. I hope it was just on the pre-production model but it does seem to distract from the look.
    07-05-18 08:41 AM
    Was in selfridges today and thought I'd have a look at the silver to see if I made the right choice in buying the black version.

Silver definitely pops more as has been noted but overall I believe black is the right choice.

The silver one has silver bezels which looks really dated. The black when switched off looks bezel-less. Also the silver colour somehow makes it look cheap. The keyone was exactly the same, from a distance silver stands out but up close there was a tackyness about it.

The black colour is a bit more under the radar but in my opinion it looks like a more expensive device with the black colour hiding any possible cheapness.
    Yes, only fools, moral midgets and scum of the earth would think about getting that color. While the gods, the heroes and the geniuses choose my color. It's good to be right.
    nbaliga likes this.
    07-05-18 12:22 PM
    Yes, only fools, moral midgets and scum of the earth would think about getting that color. While the gods, the heroes and the geniuses choose my color. It's good to be right.
    And which one do you prefer?
    07-05-18 12:35 PM
    I'm sensing he was simply imitating the OP with a strong level of sarcasm.
    07-05-18 12:43 PM
    Well, obviously, the right color.
    07-05-18 12:52 PM