Basic stuff for some, I guess..

I use the HUB extensively. I have no need for the gmail client to also show the emails coming for my gmail account(s). So...
    How do I deactivate the gmail client only, without screwing up anything ?

Thanks

W
    06-02-19 11:42 AM
    can you not just disable the app?
    06-02-19 06:15 PM
    can you not just disable the app?
    That's right. Disable the Gmail app.
    06-02-19 06:50 PM
    I was worried by the message saying that other applications may not behave as they should

W
    06-02-19 08:00 PM
    I was worried by the message saying that other applications may not behave as they should

W
    I have disabled my gmail app and I have not noticed any problems with other apps. I did this on my Keyone also without problems. Good luck!
    asiayeah likes this.
    06-02-19 10:23 PM
    I did the same thing. I disabled it. I think Google just likes to scare people into using their apps.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    melhiore likes this.
    06-02-19 11:48 PM
    I disabled the Gmail app on my S9. It can't be deleted on that phone either even though Samsung has their own email app, which isn't all that bad.

I just still prefer the Hub Inbox and had to add it to my phone.
    06-03-19 07:27 AM
    I did the same thing. I disabled it. I think Google just likes to scare people into using their apps.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    That is precisely what they do... It is just an app, can be disabled w/o any side effects. I also do not use OFFICIAL GMAIL CLIENT since like ever, always had something else, never experienced any issues...
    06-03-19 04:12 PM