When I reply to a text, hub isn't showing my reply, it only shows the previous message from the other person. I've done a factory reset (for a different reason) but there was no change.
    08-12-19 06:55 PM
    Sent messages no longer integrate with Hub+ Inbox. This feature was removed due to Google restriction
    08-12-19 07:07 PM
    Sent messages no longer integrate with Hub+ Inbox. This feature was removed due to Google restriction
    What the..... That seems awfully ridiculous does it not?
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    08-12-19 07:09 PM
    What the..... That seems awfully ridiculous does it not?
    It's been discussed in length around here. Nothing BlackBerry could do about it...they even requested a special exempt but it was denied...
    08-12-19 07:12 PM
    It's been discussed in length around here. Nothing BlackBerry could do about it...they even requested a special exempt but it was denied...
    I don't believe it. That deeply affects the functionality of the hub. I sure hope this does not further lessen the chances of another BlackBerry device in the future.
    08-12-19 07:13 PM
    I don't believe it. That deeply affects the functionality of the hub. I sure hope this does not further lessen the chances of another BlackBerry device in the future.
    The way things seem at the moment there isn't going to be a new device:

/news-rumors-f40/blackberry-most-recent-rumors-1174843/
    08-12-19 07:16 PM
    Any reason google implemented this restriction?
    08-14-19 02:19 AM
    Any reason google implemented this restriction?
    Security related
    08-14-19 02:20 AM
    What's the security concern? Is there something in hub+ that is breaching some protocol or paranoia?
    08-14-19 02:28 AM
    What's the security concern? Is there something in hub+ that is breaching some protocol or paranoia?
    It's so Google can say "look how concerned we are for your privacy", and try to deflect from their own data mining operations for ad revenue.

There was a lot of restrictions Google added to Oreo that affected a lot of notification-related apps, and well-known useful ones too, and it happened to hit how the Inbox aggregated phone calls and SMS/MMS messages in the process. BlackBerry was able to work around some of them on some devices, but not all.
    08-14-19 07:07 AM
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...d-by-millions/ is a good summary.
    howarmat likes this.
    08-14-19 10:52 AM
    Google doesn't like competition in spying on users, that's why they introduced such restrictions.
    08-14-19 01:45 PM