You know, in all honesty how difficult can something like this be to fix? Is it some advanced scientific proposition for them to fix, when turning the phone landscape doesn't exhibit the issue.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but I think this should be a relatively simply fix and probably BlackBerry are just lazy to move on it, or too bogged down by their own corporate processes which is slowing things down. Maybe they only have 1 guy working on it and he/she only work part-time lol.
    As far as I can tell the issue has been resolved with the latest update.
    11-26-21 08:33 PM
    As far as I can tell the issue has been resolved with the latest update.
    Apparently not. So I've been told.
    11-26-21 08:34 PM
    This is interesting. But the issue was also gone for me. I am on the latest BlackBerry Hub+ beta + Chrome + Android System WebView. So far it's been working fine for the past few days and will revert if the issue re-occurs.
    11-26-21 10:06 PM
    Apparently not. So I've been told.
    Since the last hub+ beta update, I confirm that the issue has been fixed as it has not come back in the last week.
    11-27-21 12:10 AM
    This is interesting. But the issue was also gone for me. I am on the latest BlackBerry Hub+ beta + Chrome + Android System WebView. So far it's been working fine for the past few days and will revert if the issue re-occurs.
    Since the last hub+ beta update, I confirm that the issue has been fixed as it has not come back in the last week.
    Good news.
    11-27-21 12:34 AM
    I'm a new user and don't know how to submit a post, clearly, but I may have found a solution.

Go to the play store, search for BlackBerry Hub + Inbox and hit delete. Rather than deleting the app, I then got a prompt to UPDATE and then all worked well again. No more disappearing to, cc, bcc and subject lines!

QUOTE=Reaganista;13600844]Greetings! So my BlackBerry Key2 has just today developed a bug in the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox app where the entire recipient and subject fields disappear while composing:

1. A reply e-mail, or
    2. a new email, but only after the cursor moves down a line by either pressing "enter" or by automatic word wrap in the email body section.

I have attached a screen shot to illustrate how it looks. As you can see, the entire TO, CC, and Subject fields disappear and there is just blank space in their place.

I have researched this issue and found no examples of it, but needless to say it is an issue that I must resolve as it becomes nearly impossible to send emails if I cannot see recipients or subject lines.

I'm thinking I may have to uninstall and then reinstall the BlackBerry Hub+ app, which is a whole other question given that it's a native app to the Key2 device.

Please advise if anyone has encountered this, and if so how to resolve it. If not, any advice on how to uninstall and then reinstall the Hub+ app will be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
    11-27-21 04:52 AM
    I solved the issue by going to BlackBerry Hub +Inbox in the Play Store. I hit delete and it offered an option to UPDATE. After that and a reboot, all works again,
    11-27-21 04:56 AM
    I solved the issue by going to BlackBerry Hub +Inbox in the Play Store. I hit delete and it offered an option to UPDATE. After that and a reboot, all works again,
    All you need to do is install the newest beta version. If you just reinstalled the latest production version then the issue is bound to return.
    11-27-21 08:59 PM
    All you need to do is install the newest beta version. If you just reinstalled the latest production version then the issue is bound to return.
    Do you need to already be in that program?
    11-27-21 09:02 PM
    You can join if you aren't already in it, then you'll be able to get the update. Otherwise you could just wait until they publicly release the fix.
    11-28-21 07:29 AM
    You can join straight from Google Play Store. After a few minutes, you'll get an update. I tried it and this Beta version solved the issue. I'm rather surprised they addressed it, let's hope it doesn't break again.
    11-28-21 03:42 PM
    What do you need to type to be in this program straight from the PlayStore?

How long usually passes between betas and public fixes?
    11-28-21 03:57 PM
    Thanks to those who pointed out that the update is only available in the Beta program right now. Came pretty close to almost deleting my stuff trying to get the update to show.
    11-28-21 05:43 PM
    How does one join the beta program?
    11-29-21 07:02 AM
    How does one join the beta program?
    Navigate to the app on play store, then scroll down to find the join button by the beta section.
    11-29-21 07:10 AM
    Navigate to the app on play store, then scroll down to find the join button by the beta section.
    Scroll as I might, I don't see this.
    11-29-21 07:33 AM
    ok, so I have disabled Chrome again now. Will I notice any difference to the way my device works ? completely off topic now, but what device do you use ?
    I own a BBF100-2, which I believe to be known as a KeyTwo. (A rather ordinary name, but that’s beside the point). Like similar postings of email issues following an October series of app updates subsequent to the acw142 (Android 8.1.0) August 5th security patch, email fields disappeared when ‘replying’ or ‘forwarding’ . Sometimes they’d reappear briefly, but truly an annoying corruption. That said, I disabled Chrome -as suggested elsewhere in this forum, RE-booted the phone, tested email and then RE-enabled Chrome. Bingo. No longer suffering the hidden field syndrome. Thank you.
    11-29-21 08:13 AM
    For me when you delete account signatures the fields stop disappearing!
    11-29-21 08:48 AM
    Scroll as I might, I don't see this.
    It isn't super highlighted, but I see it. Here is the play store help language:

Get beta versions of apps
    Important: To get the beta version of an app, the app must already be installed on your device.
    Open the Play Store Google Play.
    At the top right, tap the profile icon.
    Tap Manage apps & devices and then Installed.
    Tap an app to open its detail page.
    Under “Join the beta,” tap Join and then Join.
    Tip: If you can’t find “Join the beta,” that means the developer doesn’t offer public betas for the app at this time.
    crowning73 likes this.
    11-29-21 10:27 AM
    For me when you delete account signatures the fields stop disappearing!
    They only disappear if you have more than three lines used up in the email body.
    11-29-21 12:14 PM
    Ah - thanks for that.

I've given that a go now, and I'll update this thread in a couple of days.

Thanks again.
    It seems to be working OK for me now.

As you said, it's the Services app that needs addressing as well.

Thanks again for your help.
    11-30-21 12:01 PM
    So there are multiple apps we need to sign up for beta? Can someone confirm which ones? Sorry to be a tube light. Thanks.
    11-30-21 01:09 PM
    So there are multiple apps we need to sign up for beta? Can someone confirm which ones? Sorry to be a tube light. Thanks.
    Hub+ Services and Inbox apps as a minimum. But you should do the whole suite.
    Arun Baheti likes this.
    11-30-21 01:11 PM
    I updated Chrome to the latest.

The bug is back.

My beta hub and beta hub services have been obsoleted already.

Way to go Google!

Back to disabling Chrome again.
    11-30-21 05:38 PM
    I updated Chrome to the latest.

The bug is back.

My beta hub and beta hub services have been obsoleted already.

Way to go Google!

Back to disabling Chrome again.
    This has nothing to do with Google. It's solely a result of the BlackBerry Hub apps not keeping up with the times. This is what happens to abandoned software on a 4 year old OS.
    11-30-21 05:41 PM
422 ... 1213141516 ...