I believe it is referring to mhttps://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000084660&language=en_ US

End of compatibility for Android 8 and iOS 13 in BlackBerry apps

Is there any hope since our BlackBerry KEY2 are in Android 8.1.0? Does it make any difference?

Thanks.
    It will lock you out of corporate UEM going forward, but as a normal consumer, it won't make much difference because none of the SUITE apps are expected to get any updates anyway.
    11-21-21 08:37 AM
    How do you access android webview? I can't find it in my settings or apps.
    From Google Play Store, Android System WebView is there.
    11-21-21 08:42 AM
    It's like they just summarized the CrackBerry Forums. It's a bit sad to see that. Still, thanks for sharing! It's good to have it confirmed from an official BlackBerry source that they are working on a fix. I'm not sure why anyone thought that they wouldn't do so seeing as they already fixed a similar WebView issue before, but the sentiment here was very pessimistic.
    It seemed so to me as well, but it WORKED when I followed their exact steps (which may have also been the exact steps someone else posted). I am several days in and it hasn't reverted to the disappearing fields.

I also enabled landscape view, so maybe that is the difference.
    11-21-21 10:31 AM
    Patch is here!!!
    Fire up Play Store and give your Hub an update!!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=mLsSnWYo

Thank you!!!!!
    11-23-21 04:25 PM
    Shows Oct 29th…not sure that is it
    11-23-21 04:47 PM
    Join Beta
    11-23-21 04:57 PM
    There seem to be a series of Nov 17 beta updates.
    asiayeah and howarmat like this.
    11-23-21 04:59 PM
    There seem to be a series of Nov 17 beta updates.
    yes that is key info lol
    11-23-21 05:04 PM
    Looking at the recent feedbacks it's a one star landslide.
    11-24-21 03:47 AM
    I discovered that by switching to a virtual keyboard, the fields are visible. But as soon as you start using physical, the fields disappear again. Not a fix but maybe a usable temporary workaround. This works on my Key2 LE for a new email, reply or forward.
    -bob
    11-24-21 06:38 PM
    I tried every suggestion since the first postings, nothing ever worked for more than a couple of hours. This morning I downloaded three Blackberry Hub beta updates, and all is perfect again. So glad this issue has been fixed.
    11-24-21 06:39 PM
    a solution of contournement to see reply information. just clic on sym in keyboard. or make in half screen temporally the app
    11-24-21 08:18 PM
    a solution of contournement to see reply information. just clic on sym in keyboard. or make in half screen temporally the app
    Attached Thumbnails Hub+ Inbox Email Fields Disapearing-screenshot_20211125-031548.jpg  
    11-24-21 08:23 PM
    I report that with the last update (i have all the beta versions of blackberry apps) the issue seems to be fixed.
    asiayeah likes this.
    11-25-21 01:24 AM
    Just updated Hub+ Services and Hub +Inbox and it fixed the disappearing fields issue on my Key2 LE. Finally.
    asiayeah likes this.
    11-25-21 06:17 AM
    fixed and remained fixed after the update even after reactivating chrome.
    11-25-21 08:18 PM
    I haven't received any update to fix this, are these updates geo based?
    11-26-21 03:19 AM
    I haven't received any update to fix this, are these updates geo based?
    The only way to fix it is move off of Android 8
    11-26-21 03:58 AM
    the fix works on Android eight it is the newest beta release. simply join beta and within a day it will be available to you.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    11-26-21 04:46 AM
    Sorry for the novice question, how do I join beta to deal with this problem. are there any downsides to joining beta? Thank you.
    11-26-21 10:06 AM
    I've joined beta and installed the update, but the fields are disappearing again.
    11-26-21 10:09 AM
    I've joined beta and installed the update, but the fields are disappearing again.
    I'm not sure what the case is now, but originally we had to sign up for each of the apps in the suite individually. In any event, you have to make sure all the apps are updated to the beta version - in particular both the Inbox and Services apps.
    11-26-21 12:02 PM
    I'm not sure what the case is now, but originally we had to sign up for each of the apps in the suite individually. In any event, you have to make sure all the apps are updated to the beta version - in particular both the Inbox and Services apps.
    Ah - thanks for that.

I've given that a go now, and I'll update this thread in a couple of days.

Thanks again.
    11-26-21 12:50 PM
    There is no solution. BlackBerry HUB simply doesn't work with new versions of Chrome/Webview.
    You know, in all honesty how difficult can something like this be to fix? Is it some advanced scientific proposition for them to fix, when turning the phone landscape doesn't exhibit the issue.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but I think this should be a relatively simply fix and probably BlackBerry are just lazy to move on it, or too bogged down by their own corporate processes which is slowing things down. Maybe they only have 1 guy working on it and he/she only work part-time lol.
    11-26-21 08:00 PM
    You know, in all honesty how difficult can something like this be to fix? Is it some advanced scientific proposition for them to fix, when turning the phone landscape doesn't exhibit the issue.

I don't want to sound ignorant, but I think this should be a relatively simply fix and probably BlackBerry are just lazy to move on it, or too bogged down by their own corporate processes which is slowing things down. Maybe they only have 1 guy working on it and he/she only work part-time lol.
    It's probably pretty easy. But after 2 years, why start worrying about the Suite now?
    11-26-21 08:04 PM
422 ... 1112131415 ...