It's not a solution just a work around, but you disable chrome and the fields come back. For a few days. Then the problem comes back and you can Enable chrome and the fields come back again. Not perfect but 30 seconds of inconvenience until someone comes up with a better fix.
    I find it works if I disable Chrome and also uninstall the Android System WebView so that it returns to the factory version.

But doing that may have a security risk.
    11-20-21 04:59 AM
    I find it works if I disable Chrome and also uninstall the Android System WebView so that it returns to the factory version.

But doing that may have a security risk.
    Very dangerous. Read from post 252 above.
    11-20-21 05:02 AM
    Very dangerous. Read from post 252 above.
    Understood. Well, that's why it was not mentioned in the BlackBerry support article.
    11-20-21 05:05 AM
    How do you access android webview? I can't find it in my settings or apps.
    11-20-21 05:09 AM
    The fact that they haven't touched any consumer bugs in over 2 years was fuel for pessimism.
    True. I recall the BlackBerry Password Keeper once failed to backup to Google Drive. It was eventually resolved but I don't remember if it was resolved by Google or BlackBerry.

Fingers crossed for this one. At least BlackBerry has acknowledged it.
    11-20-21 05:11 AM
    Yes. Unfortunate that they've allowed OnwardMobility to sully the brand.
    The brand was sullied by it's original BBOS and PKB success first. The anticipated BB10 failed introduction with a 1/2 baked OS and continued PKB mobile devices were the final nails in the coffin. Unfortunately, the iconic success in the beginning was simply the anchor of failure. Consumers just couldn't separate the stigma and stink from the modern product. How many people skip past a Microsoft Duo not realizing it running Android too?

TCL and OM did something for the BlackBerry name which is extreme publicity. If the brand were to ever come back to mobile devices, BlackBerry would need to have the economic resources of between the LG and Microsoft companies. Right now BlackBerry Limited is about 1/100 - 1/1000 of that so it's highly unlikely.
    Trouveur likes this.
    11-20-21 07:35 AM
    The brand was sullied by it's original BBOS and PKB success first. The anticipated BB10 failed introduction with a 1/2 baked OS and continued PKB mobile devices were the final nails in the coffin. Unfortunately, the iconic success in the beginning was simply the anchor of failure. Consumers just couldn't separate the stigma and stink from the modern product. How many people skip past a Microsoft Duo not realizing it running Android too?

TCL and OM did something for the BlackBerry name which is extreme publicity. If the brand were to ever come back to mobile devices, BlackBerry would need to have the economic resources of between the LG and Microsoft companies. Right now BlackBerry Limited is about 1/100 - 1/1000 of that so it's highly unlikely.
    Nothing has been worse for the BlackBerry brand than the license agreement with OnwardMobility: https://www.phonearena.com/news/stil...berry_id136566
    11-20-21 08:16 AM
    No. Am just going to get rid of my device. Been a BlackBerry user for over 20 years, but they seem to have given up.
    Maybe that is exactly what BlackBerry wants.

Theoretically, overall the issue is about webview continuing to evolve and the Hub/Inbox not evolving. That is, one app/software (webview) evolving out of compatibility with another (Hub/Inbox).

BlackBerry I think has stated that the phone/tablet device line of business is not really what they are into anymore, and I think they are constantly trying to hammer that message home in subtle ways, so that people stop relying on BlackBerry for anything to do with such.

When they stated the Mar2022 deadline for the list of apps with regards to Android less than OS9, coupled with the fact that any sort of "BlackBerry Android" that might still be out there is stuck at less than OS9, well that kind of said something pretty significant, in my opinion. Couple that with also the BBOS/BB10 deadline in Jan2022 (or couple them the other way around if one wants), and it seems like BlackBerry has gently pushed people further away form being able to continue to hang on, while also trying to minimize drawing too much negative attention to themselves.

The way they have done it, I don't think folks can say that BlackBerry has "...given up". You might not be happy that your 20 year relationship is over, but that I think is a different topic.
    Last edited by spARTacus; 11-21-21 at 09:08 AM. Reason: VKB error
    11-20-21 08:19 AM
    Nothing has been worse for the BlackBerry brand than the license agreement with OnwardMobility: https://www.phonearena.com/news/stil...berry_id136566
    That's a ridiculous statement. You're ignoring the mobile phone brand name has been ruined since 2012-2013 when the company was thought bankrupt in the minds of 99% of consumer market.

The brand name is ok in the current enterprise businesses that BlackBerry operates now. The people that do business with BlackBerry don't even know BlackBerry exists.

It's like confusing JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley, American Express with Ameriprise, Discover and Sears brands. Only BlackBerry device fans care about the brand name and think it has any value. Actual BlackBerry fans know BBMo and OM aren't BlackBerry so no harm no foul. If another company licensed the brand, the same fans would be like ������.

There's a reason no OEM that wanted to license the company brand or buy the company since 2012-2013 for mobile device purposes. The brand has been a joke for almost 10 years. I'm still a fan but let's not ignore the hysterical laughter anytime someone mentions BlackBerry and phone together. Long before TCL or later OM was involved.
    11-20-21 08:33 AM
    BlackBerry's current customers couldn't care less about mobile phones or OM.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-20-21 08:39 AM
    I do agree with a few of the posters here that the Blackberry brand has been damaged or is non existent in the consumer space for years now. Right or wrong, people just don't associate well with that brand name anymore in a positive light. I do think that the company could benefit from a name change back to RIM on an overall front.

I also do agree that the licensing agreement for their devices and using their name probably hasn't done the company many favors either. The agreement with TCL did produce a few decent phones and kept the brand name alive and had some revenue come in. I thought it would have been a little more successful than it was.

Where the agreement didn't do well was when TCL and now OM start doing classic Blackberry BS and disappointing people , going against their word, missing deadlines, lack of updates etc.

If your going to pimp out your name to someone else for a little dough, you want to make sure it's done in a positive way. Instead of boneheaded decisions being made By Blackberry Ltd head office, we've had TCL, OM and a few others licensing partners make their own decisions that have people talking in a negative light. One wasn't enough, now we have multiple.

The fact we are ending 2021 very soon and there's a company that has an agreement to release a product in 2021 with the name Blackberry, but won't actually do it, is hilarious. We joke about the "coming soon" aspect but that's a Classic Blackberry disaster. How many companies that at one point had $20 billion in revenue, do such poor communication?

Sorry about the long post

Posted via CB10
    11-20-21 12:28 PM
    I do agree with a few of the posters here that the Blackberry brand has been damaged or is non existent in the consumer space for years now. Right or wrong, people just don't associate well with that brand name anymore in a positive light. I do think that the company could benefit from a name change back to RIM on an overall front.

I also do agree that the licensing agreement for their devices and using their name probably hasn't done the company many favors either. The agreement with TCL did produce a few decent phones and kept the brand name alive and had some revenue come in. I thought it would have been a little more successful than it was.

Where the agreement didn't do well was when TCL and now OM start doing classic Blackberry BS and disappointing people , going against their word, missing deadlines, lack of updates etc.

If your going to pimp out your name to someone else for a little dough, you want to make sure it's done in a positive way. Instead of boneheaded decisions being made By Blackberry Ltd head office, we've had TCL, OM and a few others licensing partners make their own decisions that have people talking in a negative light. One wasn't enough, now we have multiple.

The fact we are ending 2021 very soon and there's a company that has an agreement to release a product in 2021 with the name Blackberry, but won't actually do it, is hilarious. We joke about the "coming soon" aspect but that's a Classic Blackberry disaster. How many companies that at one point had $20 billion in revenue, do such poor communication?

Sorry about the long post

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's current corporate customers don't need its name to change.

They know who BlackBerry is, what BlackBerry does, and don't care in the least bit about BlackBerry's ancient history with handsets.
    11-20-21 12:34 PM
    BlackBerry's current corporate customers don't need its name to change.

They know who BlackBerry is, what BlackBerry does, and don't care in the least bit about BlackBerry's ancient history with handsets.

Agreed in a lot of ways, where Blackberry corporate continues to struggle is on the new business and attracting new clients. It's still amazing to me with the level of security needs, the massive spend that is happening, Blackberry's strength in that area and the experience they have, they aren't landing more customers.

Sure the clients they have on Wall Street, Bay Street and in government offices know they exist and are in business, but do the companies that have a few hundred employees and also require some level of services that Blackberry and their competitors offer? Blackberry should be stealing accounts and clients from their competitors in large volume if they are as great as they think they are. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-21 12:50 PM
    Agreed in a lot of ways, where Blackberry corporate continues to struggle is on the new business and attracting new clients. It's still amazing to me with the level of security needs, the massive spend that is happening, Blackberry's strength in that area and the experience they have, they aren't landing more customers.

Sure the clients they have on Wall Street, Bay Street and in government offices know they exist and are in business, but do the companies that have a few hundred employees and also require some level of services that Blackberry and their competitors offer? Blackberry should be stealing accounts and clients from their competitors in large volume if they are as great as they think they are. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Posted via CB10
    Corporate UEM is an extremely competitive business with a lot of major players.
    11-20-21 01:57 PM
    True. I recall the BlackBerry Password Keeper once failed to backup to Google Drive. It was eventually resolved but I don't remember if it was resolved by Google or BlackBerry.

Fingers crossed for this one. At least BlackBerry has acknowledged it.
    So resolved that the app file manger can no again install apps (if NOT permitted)
    11-20-21 02:14 PM
    Thanks for the response Chuck. My BlackBerry KeyTwo says there are no Android updates available to my Android 8.1.0 so I doubt there's any way I could solve the issue by updating the OS, right?

I signed up for the WebView beta at one point somewhere between the 3rd and 5th time the problem re-appeared and disabling Chrome didn't work anymore – getting the beta version seemed to solve it, but only temporarily. Another day or two and the problem always comes back, doesn't matter if you have the beta or not.

To prove it: when you wrote this message I was running com.google.android.webview (97.0.4692.20/469202013) - that should be the beta version of the WebView. So I uninstalled it, that was Friday evening, left the beta testing programme in Play Store and got the latest stable version 96.0.4664.45 from 15 Nov 2021. The email fields went back... and now, another 24 hours later, they're gone again. The problem always comes back. Didn't turn off or reboot the phone in the past 24 hours of course, nothing like that.
    11-20-21 04:33 PM
    Did anyone solve this? it's still happening with my Key2 and my sister in laws?
    11-20-21 06:37 PM
    I should mention that disabling Chrome is not an option for me
    11-20-21 06:44 PM
    There is no solution. BlackBerry HUB simply doesn't work with new versions of Chrome/Webview.
    11-20-21 06:59 PM
    Turn the phone sideways to access a short term solution.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    11-20-21 07:09 PM
    Turn the phone sideways to access a short term solution.
    Thanks. Was trying that out, but was also trying to figure out how to get rid of the virtual keyboard that hogs most of the screen. It is turned off in settings, and doesn't appear anywhere else, but still appears here
    11-20-21 07:14 PM
    No solution so far, other than putting your phone into Landscape mode – which is useless because the reason most of us bought Blackberry phones is I guess we don't want to use the virtual keyboard. But what Asiayeah suggested yesterday worked for me last night – when the problem reappears, enable Chrome in Play Store again (Play Store resets Chrome into factory settings). When the missing email fields disappear after another 24 hours, disable Chrome in the Play Store again... and so on and so on.

Do I understand correctly that those of us running KeyTwo with Android 8 will be screwed no matter what come March 2022 because BlackBerry Hub+ will stop working on our phones entirely?
    11-21-21 05:12 AM
    It's comunicated that support for BlackBerry OS 10 Hub support will end in March 2022
    Not Android
    asiayeah likes this.
    11-21-21 05:46 AM
    It's comunicated that support for BlackBerry OS 10 Hub support will end in March 2022
    Not Android
    It was also communicated that all BlackBerry Android app updates starting in March of 2022 will no longer support Android 8.
    terminatorx likes this.
    11-21-21 08:27 AM
    It was also communicated that all BlackBerry Android app updates starting in March of 2022 will no longer support Android 8.
    I believe it is referring to https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...language=en_US

End of compatibility for Android 8 and iOS 13 in BlackBerry apps

Is there any hope since our BlackBerry KEY2 are in Android 8.1.0? Does it make any difference?

Thanks.
    11-21-21 08:35 AM
422 ... 1011121314 ...