Excuse my lack of knowledge on the topic, but what is Webview?

On my BB 10 device all I have included in the hub is email accounts, SMS text messages , calls and the calendar quick view.

If I set up my Key 2 hub as similar, you assume I will face the same issues described in this thread?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    In BB10, the Hub was baked into the OS.

With Android, BlackBerry has to conform to what Google requires, and they limit much of what BlackBerry can do. And it's done on top of the OS, not within it.

It was never the same experience, and never was going to be. But it tries to be as close as possible. Calender integration is very good. But SMS texts are handled by outside apps.
    Trouveur likes this.
    11-12-21 06:48 PM
    Same problem appeared 2 weeks ago. Only in portrait mode, not in landscape. Thanks to this board for suggesting disabling Chrome. It worked for me too.
    11-14-21 07:37 PM
    Thanks to all for your input and advice. I am also suffering with the same problem.
    About a week ago, maybe two, i was able to get TCL Communications, Support, on the phone and they suggested installing Chrome Beta.
    It worked at first, but then the problem re-surfaced.
    I have tried the Chrome disable/enable suggested above and it seems to be working for me, as i have been unable to re-trigger the issue.
    i am almost comfortable applying this fix to my Boss's Blackberry.
    Still looking for official, definitive word on an update but TCL seems to be no longer picking up their support line.
    Thanks to all.
    11-15-21 07:59 AM
    uninstalling chrome and installing brave fixed issue for me. does anyone know a way to fix problem and keep chrome
    11-15-21 08:00 AM
    uninstalling chrome and installing brave fixed issue for me. does anyone know a way to fix problem and keep chrome
    Hope and pray that BlackBerry offers a fix... they are still charging folks to use HUB+ on a subscription or with ads. 100% everyone should contact BlackBerry developers to report the issue....
    11-15-21 08:49 AM
    i was able to get through to TCL support this afternoon.
    11-15-21 12:05 PM
    Hope and pray that BlackBerry offers a fix... they are still charging folks to use HUB+ on a subscription or with ads. 100% everyone should contact BlackBerry developers to report the issue....
    https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/contact
    11-15-21 02:35 PM
    i was able to get through to TCL support this afternoon.
    And?
    JECE likes this.
    11-15-21 03:02 PM
    Greetings! So my BlackBerry Key2 has just today developed a bug in the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox app where the entire recipient and subject fields disappear while composing:

The entire TO, CC, and Subject fields disappear and there is just blank space in their place.

I have researched this issue and found no examples of it, but it becomes nearly impossible to send emails if I cannot see recipients or subject lines.

Please advise if anyone has encountered this, and if so how to resolve it.
    This has been a pain to me for a while, found this forum and simply went: SETTINGS/APPS AND NOTIFICATIONS/scroll down to CHROME BROWSER/click on DISABLE.

The Chrome web browser has disappeared from my home screen and the emails are fine now with all fields showing. Didn't even need to restart phone.

Use another web browser, Brave, DUCK DUCK GO, Firefox.

It seems the 'Webview' mentioned is the culprit.
    11-15-21 06:49 PM
    This has been a pain to me for a while, found this forum and simply went: SETTINGS/APPS AND NOTIFICATIONS/scroll down to CHROME BROWSER/click on DISABLE.

The Chrome web browser has disappeared from my home screen and the emails are fine now with all fields showing. Didn't even need to restart phone.

Use another web browser, Brave, DUCK DUCK GO, Firefox.

It seems the 'Webview' mentioned is the culprit.
    If you update system WebView now, the issue will come back after a bit. So yes, a WebView problem.
    11-15-21 08:05 PM
    Fix this
    Google
    Blackberry
    11-16-21 01:38 AM
    same here on my key2 in france
    11-16-21 03:13 AM
    same here on my key2 in france
    Now confirmed as an issue that will be fixed by an update. See

https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000088698
    11-16-21 07:23 AM

It's like they just summarized the CrackBerry Forums. It's a bit sad to see that. Still, thanks for sharing! It's good to have it confirmed from an official BlackBerry source that they are working on a fix. I'm not sure why anyone thought that they wouldn't do so seeing as they already fixed a similar WebView issue before, but the sentiment here was very pessimistic.
    11-16-21 01:18 PM
    It's like they just summarized the CrackBerry Forums. It's a bit sad to see that. Still, thanks for sharing! It's good to have it confirmed from an official BlackBerry source that they are working on a fix. I'm not sure why anyone thought that they wouldn't do so seeing as they already fixed a similar WebView issue before, but the sentiment here was very pessimistic.
    The fact that they haven't touched any consumer bugs in over 2 years was fuel for pessimism.
    11-16-21 01:36 PM
    Always worth reporting the issue directly , as well as on this forum so you get a proper answer from the supplier ! (TCL obviously still have ways of following it up)
    11-16-21 01:41 PM
    The fact that they haven't touched any consumer bugs in over 2 years was fuel for pessimism.
    Was the previous WebView fix really that long ago? Did they really go about fixing consumer bugs in the years before the previous WebView issue?
    11-16-21 01:59 PM
    Was the previous WebView fix really that long ago? Did they really go about fixing consumer bugs in the years before the previous WebView issue?
    Prior to 3 years ago, there were updates monthly for the Suite. The following year it dropped to a couple, and it's been nothing but target API mandatory changes since.
    11-16-21 02:00 PM
    Still reads pessimistic to me until actually fixed. Acknowledgement is nowhere close to resolved in the dictionary.
    11-16-21 02:00 PM
    Prior to 2 years ago, there were updates monthly for the Suite.
    Perhaps, but the consumer issues I was having never seemed to get fixed . . .
    11-16-21 02:01 PM
    Prior to 3 years ago, there were updates monthly for the Suite. The following year it dropped to a couple, and it's been nothing but target API mandatory changes since.
    I switched to my KEY2 (and BlackBerry Android) three years ago. The previous WebView fix was definitely after then.
    11-16-21 02:05 PM

Well... maybe it will be fixed. That's what they always say with every issue that is listed.

But, who knows, maybe they are on it.

I too noticed that the workarounds are all those we've posted here since this problem popped up.
    11-16-21 02:09 PM

Good catch.

Starting to get used to not using Chrome because of this. Life's not horrible. Duckduckgo Browser and Firefox Focus get me by just fine.
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-16-21 05:44 PM
    i remove chrome (use Edge instead) and all update from android webview and install
    Android System WebView 94.0.4606.85 (arm64-v8a + arm-v7a) (Android 5.0+) from apk mirror. and issues in hub is resolve. wait for a real fix from blackberry.
    11-17-21 03:48 PM
    Good catch.

Starting to get used to not using Chrome because of this. Life's not horrible. Duckduckgo Browser and Firefox Focus get me by just fine.
    And now you are browsing privately.

I use Duck, Duck Go with Samsung Browser, AdBlock and Net Guard Pro via GitHub.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    11-17-21 07:21 PM
422 ... 89101112 ...