Greetings! So my BlackBerry Key2 has just today developed a bug in the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox app where the entire recipient and subject fields disappear while composing:

1. A reply e-mail, or
    2. a new email, but only after the cursor moves down a line by either pressing "enter" or by automatic word wrap in the email body section.

I have attached a screen shot to illustrate how it looks. As you can see, the entire TO, CC, and Subject fields disappear and there is just blank space in their place.

I have researched this issue and found no examples of it, but needless to say it is an issue that I must resolve as it becomes nearly impossible to send emails if I cannot see recipients or subject lines.

I'm thinking I may have to uninstall and then reinstall the BlackBerry Hub+ app, which is a whole other question given that it's a native app to the Key2 device.

Please advise if anyone has encountered this, and if so how to resolve it. If not, any advice on how to uninstall and then reinstall the Hub+ app will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Hub+ Inbox Email Fields Disapearing-screenshot_20211004-105904.jpg  
    10-04-21 10:19 AM
    Greetings! So my BlackBerry Key2 has just today developed a bug in the BlackBerry Hub+ Inbox app where the entire recipient and subject fields disappear while composing:

1. A reply e-mail, or
    2. a new email, but only after the cursor moves down a line by either pressing "enter" or by automatic word wrap in the email body section.

I have attached a screen shot to illustrate how it looks. As you can see, the entire TO, CC, and Subject fields disappear and there is just blank space in their place.

I have researched this issue and found no examples of it, but needless to say it is an issue that I must resolve as it becomes nearly impossible to send emails if I cannot see recipients or subject lines.

I'm thinking I may have to uninstall and then reinstall the BlackBerry Hub+ app, which is a whole other question given that it's a native app to the Key2 device.

Please advise if anyone has encountered this, and if so how to resolve it. If not, any advice on how to uninstall and then reinstall the Hub+ app will be greatly appreciated.
    Try holding power button down for 32 seconds as it shuts down and restarts a few times
    10-04-21 10:38 AM
    Try holding power button down for 32 seconds as it shuts down and restarts a few times
    Unfortunately I tried that without success. The way I did it was when the telephone was on, I held the power button for 32ish seconds during which time it powered off and attempted to power back on 2-3 times. When it finally powered back on and I logged into the Key2, the problem still persisted.

Is there another way to force a full reboot without wiping or losing data? Otherwise I think my only other option is uninstalling and reinstalling the Hub, which I'm unsure how to do since it's a native app to the Key2.

Also: I have figured out that what's triggering the disappearance of the fields is the introduction of a new line in the body section of the email. I noticed that because when you click reply to an e-mail, the fields are visible for a split second and only disappear as soon as the email I'm responding to is populated in the body section of the new reply email.

It's weird and exasperating.
    10-04-21 10:52 AM
    Unfortunately I tried that without success. The way I did it was when the telephone was on, I held the power button for 32ish seconds during which time it powered off and attempted to power back on 2-3 times. When it finally powered back on and I logged into the Key2, the problem still persisted.

Is there another way to force a full reboot without wiping or losing data? Otherwise I think my only other option is uninstalling and reinstalling the Hub, which I'm unsure how to do since it's a native app to the Key2.

Also: I have figured out that what's triggering the disappearance of the fields is the introduction of a new line in the body section of the email. I noticed that because when you click reply to an e-mail, the fields are visible for a split second and only disappear as soon as the email I'm responding to is populated in the body section of the new reply email.

Time to move to a modern, actively-developed, and supported solution.
    John Albert likes this.
    10-04-21 11:17 AM
    Time to move to a modern, actively-developed, and supported solution.
    What do you use? I see you have a Key2. The Hub has worked flawlessly up until today, and integrates beautifully with my various accounts.
    10-04-21 11:38 AM

That sounds like issues with Webview that's been a problem in the past.

Have you checked Google Play for updates recently?

There was a recent update to Webview on my Samsung S20 FE, but Inbox emails still display properly, including responding to them.
    bh7171 and asiayeah like this.
    10-04-21 11:41 AM
    That sounds like issues with Webview that's been a problem in the past.

Have you checked Google Play for updates recently?

There was a recent update to Webview on my Samsung S20 FE, but Inbox emails still display properly, including responding to them.
    Yep. Checked for updates and none were available for the Hub or any other apps or systems that may have anything to do with it. Just a bug that I woke up to today.
    10-04-21 12:06 PM
    All apps updated, and there were none updated around the time the problem started which may have contributed to this. So I'm left to believe the app may be corrupted and I may just have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Problem is, it's a native app to the Key2 and I'm afraid it may screw up other operations.
    10-04-21 02:00 PM

The next thing would be to clear the app caches for BlackBerry Hub+ services and inbox. Heck even going through and doing them all wouldn't hurt to leave no stone unturned. You can use SD Maid pro to automate the process for you.
    Just don't clear the app data yet, only the app caches.
    10-04-21 02:07 PM
    The next thing would be to clear the app caches for BlackBerry Hub+ services and inbox. Heck even going through and doing them all wouldn't hurt to leave no stone unturned. You can use SD Maid pro to automate the process for you.
    Just don't clear the app data yet, only the app caches.
    Yep. Tried clearing the caches for BlackBerry Hub+ Services to no avail.
    10-04-21 09:02 PM
    Having the exact same problem, as of yesterday evening. Tried rebooting, clearing cache, etc. No dice. I have yet to uninstall/reinstall. If there are any other proposed solutions, happy to hear them.
    10-04-21 09:23 PM
    My buddy is having the same issue with his key2, tried all the above, but nothing working yet
    10-04-21 09:47 PM
    Yep. Tried clearing the caches for BlackBerry Hub+ Services to no avail.
    What version of Android WebView do you have installed?
    10-05-21 06:27 AM
    What version of Android WebView do you have installed?
    I currently have Android System Webview version 70.0.3538.110 installed. However, it says it is "disabled" and the "enable" box is greyed-out.

Suggestions?
    10-05-21 07:09 AM
    I currently have Android System Webview version 70.0.3538.110 installed. However, it says it is "disabled" and the "enable" box is greyed-out.

Suggestions?
    So you probably have Chrome set as your WebView implementation. In developer options, try setting it to use Android System WebView.
    10-05-21 11:33 AM
    So you probably have Chrome set as your WebView implementation. In developer options, try setting it to use Android System WebView.
    Agreed.

On my Galaxy S20 FE, webview is up to version 94. As soon as I disabled Chrome, the only option in developer mode was Webview.
    10-05-21 12:03 PM
    You are correct that Chrome is set as the WebView implementation. However, the option to select Android System WebView is listed but grayed-out, and underneath it in parentheses it says it is disabled for me. See pic.Hub+ Inbox Email Fields Disapearing-screenshot_20211005-130228.jpg
    10-05-21 12:09 PM
    But all things being consistent, why the sudden issue with the key2 and the emails.
    10-05-21 12:56 PM
    But all things being consistent, why the sudden issue with the key2 and the emails.
    Good question. I have no idea why this is happening. I didn't change any settings (that I know of); this problem just randomly started yesterday. I am trying to do everything in my power to avoid a hard factory reset, but will do it if the issue remains unresolved.
    10-05-21 02:32 PM
    Keep us posted, so I can pass along any info to my buddy
    10-05-21 02:39 PM
    I presume you gentlemen have a email from or to multiple persons.
    Have you troubled the little arrow next to the email in the header bar
    10-05-21 03:03 PM
    I had an interesting issue with HUB all of sudden it just stopped picking up mail. The only solution was to wipe phone and start again the issue was gone.
    10-05-21 04:02 PM
    I am having same exact issue, also started yesterday. Please post if anyone finds a solution.
    Todd Morgan1 likes this.
    10-05-21 04:19 PM
    You are correct that Chrome is set as the WebView implementation. However, the option to select Android System WebView is listed but grayed-out, and underneath it in parentheses it says it is disabled for me. See pic.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211005-130228.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	451177
    If you disable Chrome you'll be able to use Android System WebView. I think there may have been an update to Chrome that might have broken it, although I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my KEY² using either Chrome or System WebView.

Does this happen with all of your accounts? What type of account is it happening with?
    10-05-21 04:55 PM
    Good question. I have no idea why this is happening. I didn't change any settings (that I know of); this problem just randomly started yesterday. I am trying to do everything in my power to avoid a hard factory reset, but will do it if the issue remains unresolved.
    Are there any updates available to be installed if you check Google play store?
    10-05-21 04:58 PM
422 123 ...