Hi. Just wondering if there are any Key2 users in the UK having trouble with the fingerprint ID on the HSBC app? It was working perfectly, but a recent update (about a month ago) requests the finger print, which is recognised, but then says "alert, something went wrong, please try again later" .

I can still login with a password, but certain transactions (like when you are trying to login on a laptop so requests a one time passcode) seems to require the finger print ID.

Thanks.
    02-12-20 08:06 PM
    Hi. Just wondering if there are any Key2 users in the UK having trouble with the fingerprint ID on the HSBC app? It was working perfectly, but a recent update (about a month ago) requests the finger print, which is recognised, but then says "alert, something went wrong, please try again later" .

I can still login with a password, but certain transactions (like when you are trying to login on a laptop so requests a one time passcode) seems to require the finger print ID.

Thanks.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Or registering your fingerprint with the app and re-registering it? This sounds like some data got corrupted during the update and a reset of that data (fingerprint) would probably help. At least that's the best advice I have.
    02-12-20 08:50 PM
    deregisering the fingerprint worked!!! thank you.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-13-20 10:34 AM