Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Running Android 8.1.
    Using stock camera app.
    I have my lock/unlock button set to open the camera when pressed twice in succession. The device will stay locked while I take photos. How do I unlock the device from the camera app? I have attached an image of my screen while in the stock camera app and the device locked. When I attempt to unlock using the space bar, nothing happens. From that screen, I have been pressing the lock button to turn off the display, press it again to wake it up, and then unlock using space bar fingerprint scanner. This is cumbersome and I get the feeling I am missing something obvious!

Thank you and sincerest apologies if this has been asked before! I did a cursory Google search to no avail.

Another question: is there a way to prevent the camera from auto-rotating from portrait to landscape? It is very annoying! Thank you for your time everyone
    Attached Thumbnails How to unlock device from stock camera app?-screenshot_20181011-094144.jpg  
    Last edited by Grim_Sleeper; 10-11-18 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Bonus question & clarity
    10-11-18 11:56 AM
    This is cumbersome and I get the feeling I am missing something obvious!
    You're not. If you have a lock screen, you need to access it. The only way to bypass this behaviour would be to not use a lock screen password or PIN. The only other method would be to enable Locker Mode in your camera settings, but even then the photos will go to Locker and not your gallery and you'll still need to verify your Fingerprint.

Another question: is there a way to prevent the camera from auto-rotating from portrait to landscape? It is very annoying! Thank you for your time everyone
    Good question, there is no rotation lock. But you can always download a different camera app if you need that.
    Grim_Sleeper likes this.
    10-11-18 01:35 PM