12-09-19 11:17 AM
28 12
tools
    Hi i jsut got my key2
    is there any isntant way i can transfer all my details, and copy the exact same setting to the new key2
    Thank you
    09-29-18 12:36 PM
    Hi i jsut got my key2
    is there any isntant way i can transfer all my details, and copy the exact same setting to the new key2
    Thank you
    Nope.

Just restore from Google.
    09-29-18 01:01 PM
    I'm having same issue. Restore from Google is a bag of crap.
    09-29-18 01:16 PM
    Use blackberry content transfer. Worked like a charm for me. It transfers everything including hub accounts.
    09-29-18 06:23 PM
    Not apps though.
    09-30-18 11:27 AM
    Use blackberry content transfer. Worked like a charm for me. It transfers everything including hub accounts.
    It transfers everything including homescreen layout and passwords in apps?
    09-30-18 12:18 PM
    It transfers everything including homescreen layout and passwords in apps?
    Yes. As long as the passwords were stored in password keeper.
    09-30-18 01:04 PM
    Yes. As long as the passwords were stored in password keeper.
    No it doesn't. It transfers contacts, calendar events, pictures, videos, music, docs, messages, accounts, notes and tasks.

There is no option to transfer app data or passwords that I can see.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-30-18 01:49 PM
    Accounts include password keeper. Also you can only have password to "an account." Besides did you even try it ?
    09-30-18 02:09 PM
    No it doesn't. It transfers contacts, calendar events, pictures, videos, music, docs, messages, accounts, notes and tasks.

There is no option to transfer app data or passwords that I can see.
    App data is stored with google. Blackberry only handles the accounts and passwords if and only if you stored passwords in password keeper.
    09-30-18 02:13 PM
    App data is stored with google. Blackberry only handles the accounts and passwords if and only if you stored passwords in password keeper.
    The point is you say Content transfer Copies everything over. It doesn't.

Google backup works... as long as Google backup works, if you know what I mean. in my case and some others it doesn't.
    09-30-18 02:31 PM

Google backup works... as long as Google backup works, if you know what I mean. in my case and some others it doesn't.
    Is this an assumption or did you actually try it?
    09-30-18 02:33 PM

My experience is google backup, on its own never fully works. You need a third party app like " blackberry content transfer " or wondershare to move everything over. In a nutshell unless the actual accounts and account settings are moved over, app on their own are pretty much useless and you are starting from scratch.
    09-30-18 02:37 PM
    That is what I'm having to do! The problem is when apps disappear from the play store and you can't transfer over. At least, that's the main issue at the moment. I've gotten around everything else...
    09-30-18 04:09 PM
    Ok you should have mentioned that first instead of whining like a 2 year old. Which apps are the issue? Have you tried sideloading them from apkmirror or apkpure?
    09-30-18 05:14 PM
    That is what I'm having to do! The problem is when apps disappear from the play store and you can't transfer over. At least, that's the main issue at the moment. I've gotten around everything else...
    Like I mentioned google backup almost never works. Try the content transfer. The setting that copies the apps also copies the app settings AS LONG AS THE APP EXISTS ON THE DEVICE. Before you complain about what an app does or doesnt try it once. From my experience it worked flawlessly brining my login info for all my apps. YMMV.
    09-30-18 05:18 PM
    I tried the transfer tool going from the passport to keyone, worked perfectly. when I got the key2. the transfer tool would not move all the contacts, messages or apps. the only thing that worked was

wondershare mobiletrans. I was able to get the mac erosion on my computer, backed up my old keyone and moved everything over to the key2

of course I had Google backups. but this worked best, plus I could see as each file moved to the phone. all the apps transfered. I only had to move the icons to the desktop of the phone after the transfer. getting that program was a life saver
    10-01-18 12:34 AM
    Hey

anyone else able to use BB Content transfer to get homescreen layout etc
    I have at KeyONE and just got the Key2LE

I cant seem to get it to work

funny thing, when I helped a friend transfer his data from his KeyONE before warranty, we transferred all to a DTEK60 and the whole layout, homescreen shortcuts etc transferred.

what settings do I need to do to make this transfer work Key1 to LE?

this is why upgrading phones is such a pain in the ***. the reason why I held out for so long on getting a new Key2 or LE
    wasalph likes this.
    01-24-19 12:25 PM
    It sucks that there is really no solution for this. I'm probably going to end up starting from scratch. Maybe I can leave the SIM card in my KEYone and keep using that phone until I set up the KEY2 LE. That way, if something goes wrong or it takes a long time, I still have a phone.
    11-14-19 02:01 PM
    I just use Google Backup to Backup on the old device (which you should have working automatically anyway) - and then I restore on the new device. Curiously the first time I did this, my 2nd KEY2 was identical to the first - with home screen and ICON positioning all the same.

The only pain point for me was setting up the accounts in Hub again - and all those settings and signature options etc.

I can't remember if I used the content transfer wizard for the txt messages or not - but I think I didnt need to use it at all.

I don't think the transfer wizard worked for the Hub account details, and nor did Google backup - which is why I had to do that manually.
    12-03-19 01:44 AM
    Again I don't know "how"... but with my Samsung, didn't have these issues....

Email App had all the accounts, just needed passwords and home screen was restored. I think it's up to the developer to allow their apps to be "fully" backed up by Google. BlackBerry either choose for some security reason not too, or just never got around to it.

But again I did have issues with a few other 3rd party apps...
    12-03-19 11:11 AM
    I used the Content Transfer to go from KeyOne to Key2 and then spent maybe 2 hours rearranging and setting up favourites. Wasn't as painful as I thought it would be and it gave me the opportunity to clean up all the useless apps I installed.
    12-03-19 06:31 PM
    I must be using my KEYone wrong. I can reset, reinstall and reconfigure my phone from scratch with all my apps, folders, files, shortcuts, etc. In less than an hour without the use of backups of any sort other than my normal cloud services.

In fact, it's so easy, I do it 4-6 times a year to improve performance and test my resiliency plan. I also go one step further and use a new burner Google account each time to limit exposure of my information.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-03-19 06:57 PM
    The guy who keeps saying google transfers everything including home screen icons etc and says 'have you tried it' repeatedly. No it doesn't. And Yes I have tried it. Based on your bad advice.

Anyone copied over everything from keyone to key2 on their own handset successfully including all icons etc, or do all the methods purely copy content and not how we have our handsets set up?
    12-06-19 11:40 AM
    I must be using my KEYone wrong. I can reset, reinstall and reconfigure my phone from scratch with all my apps, folders, files, shortcuts, etc. In less than an hour without the use of backups of any sort other than my normal cloud services.

In fact, it's so easy, I do it 4-6 times a year to improve performance and test my resiliency plan. I also go one step further and use a new burner Google account each time to limit exposure of my information.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    You sound like a lucky sunuva.
    12-08-19 11:03 PM
28 12