hi all,im fed up with apps using mobile data despite setting "Background Data" as disable. how can I totally disable mobile data usage? becauseI got a limited mobile data allocation

like the screenshot, PressReader was set as disable months back and yet it uses mobile data. even if its just 180B which is negligible, it still uses mobile data.

take for instance Google News. I would like to have it only update when im connected to wifi, and when im in mobile, it will ONLY show whats already downloaded, no update (no mobile data usage)
    Attached Thumbnails How to permanently disable app to use mobile data?-307301.jpg  
    10-18-19 11:45 PM
    I'm not entirely up to speed on what BlackBerry has or hasn't messed around with in Settings, but I believe you should find some sort of usage control in that settings button there in the top right of that photo. There should also be an option in quick settings to engage data saver which shuts off all background data usage on mobile. There may also be a data usage control option in settings such as in the following screenshott.

How to permanently disable app to use mobile data?-screenshot_20191019-032911.jpg
    10-19-19 04:36 AM
    I don’t know how much blackberry change the settings. But in iphone, it’s under setting, down in the list apps, choose the app, there you could disable the app to use cellular data.
    10-19-19 07:42 AM
    I'm not entirely up to speed on what BlackBerry has or hasn't messed around with in Settings, but I believe you should find some sort of usage control in that settings button there in the top right of that photo. There should also be an option in quick settings to engage data saver which shuts off all background data usage on mobile. There may also be a data usage control option in settings such as in the following screenshott.
    unfortunately, there is no such option. all i see is enable/disable the "BACKGROUND DATA" which does not stop the app to use wifi/mobile data while its in foreground/inuse.
    10-19-19 10:38 AM
    @conite, is this something Power Center or Dtek would be capable of doing?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-19 11:10 AM
    @conite, is this something Power Center or Dtek would be capable of doing?

Posted via CB10
    You can stop the apps from starting up on boot, but once you actively run them once, I'm not certain what happens after that.
    chain13 likes this.
    10-19-19 11:33 AM
    I think with android, you can stop background mobile data use, but there is no total blocking of mobile data like iOS has. At least, not yet.

You need a third party app like NetGuard that will block an app using mobile data, or even wi-fi, if you wish. Never tried it myself, so I'm not sure how well it actually works.
    10-19-19 01:44 PM
    I've had this problem on another phone with my kids accidentally burning data with things like Youtube out of WiFi range. Never found a solution. Pain in the ***.
    10-19-19 03:25 PM
    hi all,im fed up with apps using mobile data despite setting "Background Data" as disable. how can I totally disable mobile data usage? becauseI got a limited mobile data allocation

like the screenshot, PressReader was set as disable months back and yet it uses mobile data. even if its just 180B which is negligible, it still uses mobile data.

take for instance Google News. I would like to have it only update when im connected to wifi, and when im in mobile, it will ONLY show whats already downloaded, no update (no mobile data usage)
    As mentioned by joeldf, Netguard will take care of this for you and I recommend it.

www.netguard.me
    10-19-19 07:57 PM
    I think with android, you can stop background mobile data use, but there is no total blocking of mobile data like iOS has. At least, not yet.

You need a third party app like NetGuard that will block an app using mobile data, or even wi-fi, if you wish. Never tried it myself, so I'm not sure how well it actually works.
    my daughters huawei has option builtin the settings that set individual app to access/deny wifi and/or mobile data. its android OS 9 though.

im now trying out netguard. it creates a vpn to do the blocking. i got another vpn account that i use, so its not a full blown solution.
    10-20-19 01:23 AM
    my daughters huawei has option builtin the settings that set individual app to access/deny wifi and/or mobile data. its android OS 9 though.

im now trying out netguard. it creates a vpn to do the blocking. i got another vpn account that i use, so its not a full blown solution.
    Netguard + Tor
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...orbot-1134676/

This will allow you to route all system and installed app connections through Tor while using the Netguard VPN service. (All except DNS but inside Netguard you can designate a specific DNS of your choosing)
    10-20-19 01:31 PM
    I am having the same issue with data. Usually it's YouTube running on a website that I haven't noticed and runs through 1/2 my monthly data in a day.
    11-12-19 11:20 AM