Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
07-11-18 07:18 PM
54 123
tools
    I had a k1 a long while ago and whilst I liked it a lot I did end up parting company eventually.

I really like the look of the k2 but am wondering how much of an improvement it really is.

Camera seems a slight improvement

Processor is better but hardly cutting edge

Keyboard is apparently a slight step up

Other than That though I’m wondering how much better it really is? Right now the K1 Black is available at almost half the price?
    07-06-18 03:19 PM
    The KEYone is great, using it to type this right now. I also have in front of me a KEY2 that has not been removed from its box yet.

The improvements are:

- oreo

- matte keyboard finish

- larger individual keys

- double the RAM of original KEYone

- 2GB's more RAM than the black KEYone

- better processor

- has the security that no other device has, you're probably being hacked right now ;-)

You got a KEYone and then parted ways with that device. Right off the bat, that tells me you're reluctant to keep a keyboard device as your daily driver. Otherwise you would still be using the KEYone like myself and many others are.

I only say this because if you really wanted a keyboard device A) you wouldn't have gotten rid of the KEYone and B) you would not have to ask others if a KEY2 is going to be better than the device you got rid of originally.

All joking aside, sorry, sometimes I try to be funny and fail. I think you'd love the KEY2. It's a beautiful phone just like the KEYone and Motion are.

:-)
    neil74 likes this.
    07-06-18 04:23 PM
    Oh, one more thing. BlackBerry KEY series devices may never be the most 'cutting edge' because the people who seek out these telephones are not looking for cutting edge, battery draining hardware. Instead they want a balanced device that does important, boring things way better than any other telephone.

You can still do all the apps and games you want, but the primary reasons anybody wants a BlackBerry are:

- productivity

- security

- physical keyboard

- reliability

Plus, on top of that, they can still download games or whatever else. Anything you can do on Android, you can do on a BlackBerry running Android - just don't expect a crazy gaming experience or whatever.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-06-18 04:34 PM
    i never had the Keyone, but I have had multiple chinese android head units with weak processors and only 2GB of RAM. When they made one with 4GB of RAM, it was a night and day difference.

I think the bump in processor and RAM alone will make a big difference for the Key2
    07-06-18 04:36 PM
    I had a k1 a long while ago and whilst I liked it a lot I did end up parting company eventually.

I really like the look of the k2 but am wondering how much of an improvement it really is.

Other than That though I’m wondering how much better it really is? Right now the K1 Black is available at almost half the price?
    If money is an issue then I would get the keyone black at half the price. I have the key2 bought it today. Is it drastically different? No..but the minor changes have improved the phone quite a bit but you won't be missing out on anything if you stick with the keyone
    akshay_neudigit likes this.
    07-06-18 05:13 PM
    I wish I just waited for the oreo update on my k1 black edition
    07-06-18 06:37 PM
    Thanks all, doesn't the K1 black has slightly more ram than the silver? should also be getting oreo soon too?

I am a phone junkie and already have a pixel 2 xl but have always had a soft spot for blackberry, loved my Z10, Z30 and Passport if only they had marketed them better as BB10 was a really great OS that hardly any 'normal' people have ever seen.

If I pick one up I'll likely switch back and forth so the K1 black (I had the silver before) at £349 is interesting. I think it is a shame that we won't see a priv 2 as whilst flawed I actually prefer the concept.
    07-07-18 02:07 AM
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong here, but:

Silver KEYone - 3GB's of RAM

Space Black KEYone - 3GB's of RAM

Limited Edition Black KEYone - 4GB's of RAM

Limited Edition Bronze KEYone - 4GB's of RAM

KEY2 Silver & KEY2 Black - 6GB's of RAM

All awesome.

Changed from 'midnight' to 'Space' to correctly reflect AT&T's description of black.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 07-09-18 at 06:17 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-07-18 02:46 AM
    I am proof a guy can successfully run the base model of the KEYone (silver) without experiencing lag, problems, RAM management issues, etc. I use my KEYone constantly and it's always buttery smooth.

Sometimes, I see screen shots of people's BlackBerry and there are so many notifications in the top informational bar that there is not enough room for them all.

Then, I sometimes wonder if the same people who have lag, RAM management, battery problems, etc... are the same people who have so much stuff running all at once (plus all the time) and expect better results with the overall performance of their telephone.

I also wonder how having that much notification content could be condusive to healthy mindfulness in everyday life. That would personally drive me more insane than I might already be.

Strictly my opinions and observations. These KEY devices are special in so many ways and I enjoy expressing my enthusiasm.
    07-07-18 02:54 AM
    Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong here, but:

Silver KEYone - 3GB's of RAM

Midnight Black KEYone - 3GB's of RAM

Limited Edition Black KEYone - 4GB's of RAM

Limited Edition Bronze KEYone - 4GB's of RAM

KEY2 Silver & KEY2 Black - 6GB's of RAM

All awesome.
    Keyone Midnight black ? With 3gb ram. I think you can remove that one, unless I am mistaken, it doesn't exist ?
    07-07-18 02:58 AM
    Keyone Midnight black ? With 3gb ram. I think you can remove that one, unless I am mistaken, it doesn't exist ?
    Yes, it exists. It is on the AT&T network. So, the only reason I should remove that is if you can't use an AT&T telephone. But it exists, so it remains in the list.
    07-07-18 03:00 AM
    I also said they're all awesome!

lol

;-)

There was a person selling that nonexistent KEYone somehow, right here in this forum not that long ago. It might even still be for sale.

Otherwise you could get a brand new one in some kind of way if you really wanted to. I personally don't like that one because AT&T puts their logos on it.

Boy, my jokes suck.
    07-07-18 03:02 AM
    Totally agree. Your jokes suck! ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-07-18 03:05 AM
    Last couple nights I've had the privilege of being able to look up into the night sky and see the stars clearly. It's quite a bit more interesting that much of what's going on in the world. Makes a person have some feels.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    07-07-18 03:08 AM
    Totally agree. Your jokes suck! ;-)

Posted via my Awesome passport
    Nice to meet you too! Words are spelled out, read, then interpreted. Just like a magical spell. Disses don't work.

Noticed you used a Passport for that. That makes me happy!

;-)
    07-07-18 03:09 AM
    Take a look up tonight if you can. It's quite impressive if the sky is clear.
    07-07-18 03:10 AM
    Officially called "Space Black" by AT&T
    07-08-18 05:00 AM
    Nice to meet you too! Words are spelled out, read, then interpreted. Just like a magical spell. Disses don't work.

Noticed you used a Passport for that. That makes me happy!

;-)
    Nice to meet you too. Glad you took it as a joke. The passport is still awesome and use it every day, only now it's on charge so using the dtek50. Good luck with the K2 ,intend this to be my next phone
    07-08-18 09:25 AM
    The KEYone is great, using it to type this right now. I also have in front of me a KEY2 that has not been removed from its box yet.

The improvements are:

- oreo

- matte keyboard finish

- larger individual keys

- double the RAM of original KEYone

- 2GB's more RAM than the black KEYone

- better processor

- has the security that no other device has, you're probably being hacked right now ;-)

You got a KEYone and then parted ways with that device. Right off the bat, that tells me you're reluctant to keep a keyboard device as your daily driver. Otherwise you would still be using the KEYone like myself and many others are.

I only say this because if you really wanted a keyboard device A) you wouldn't have gotten rid of the KEYone and B) you would not have to ask others if a KEY2 is going to be better than the device you got rid of originally.

All joking aside, sorry, sometimes I try to be funny and fail. I think you'd love the KEY2. It's a beautiful phone just like the KEYone and Motion are.

:-)
    You know I parted ways with my K1. But in favor of my Classic. It is not an indictment of the PKB but other internals.

In my case phone antenna simply was not good enough.
    07-08-18 09:38 AM
    You know I parted ways with my K1. But in favor of my Classic. It is not an indictment of the PKB but other internals.

In my case phone antenna simply was not good enough.
    Understood. Thanks for the follow up.

My bad, hope you get what you need. I think the KEY2 would be a great choice for you.

Kindest Regards,

SD
    07-08-18 02:29 PM
    Nice to meet you too. Glad you took it as a joke. The passport is still awesome and use it every day, only now it's on charge so using the dtek50. Good luck with the K2 ,intend this to be my next phone
    Haha! Nice.

;-)
    07-08-18 02:30 PM
    I'm super happy today! Thanks for all the replies. Contributing here helps me, somehow. I think it's because I wanna be in a place that revolves around my favourite things - BlackBerry telephones - and a place where there are others who also love BlackBerry devices.

So far, so good! Everybody's treating me with some respect and I love that and want to reciprocate as much as possible.

Thanks for being cool toward's me. I say that because sometimes I probably seem strange and that's because it's true!

lol

;-)
    07-08-18 02:38 PM
    Yes, it exists. It is on the AT&T network. So, the only reason I should remove that is if you can't use an AT&T telephone. But it exists, so it remains in the list.
    It's called "Space" black.
    07-08-18 04:40 PM

Actually, S660 is one of the most powerful CPU currently, just behind S835 and S845.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-18 05:12 PM
    Actually, S660 is one of the most powerful CPU currently, just behind S835 and S845.

Posted via CB10
    .....The 845 on the S9 scores in the 3500 single core range on geekbench and 8500-9000 multicore, while the 660 scores around 1600 single core and 5500-6000 multi core.

Not even in the same league.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-08-18 05:43 PM
54 123