I've been a less than 100% happy user of the KeyOne, using it because sadly a Classic (or similar BB10 device) is just not going to have to hardware one needs these days - and I'm wondering if those who have tried the KeyTwo could share their thoughts on what I see as major shortcomings of the KeyOne from my personal point of view...

- Trackpad / capacitative keypad / pointing device: This is in my view poor on the K1, with much less predictable performance than a "proper" trackpad, making text selection much less easy; and because it only works on free text fields, selecting text from a PDF or webpage is impossible other than the ludicrous method of trying to use your finger on the screen. Similarly, lack of any pointing device made web browsing on the KeyOne greatly inferior to the Classic. Very disappointed to see no trackpad on the KeyTwo (I'd thought it would be one leap they would make) - are there any other compensating improvements?

- Hub integration. SMSs always worked poorly in the Hub as they needed a separate app such as Yaata; has this been addressed?

- Bespoke software. One of the worst features (for me personally) of Android is the need to use (and pay extra for in most cases, if you do not want advertising) even fairly basic apps, such as browser, mapping, office suite, even music player - and those you then get aren't optimised to the phone's hardware. Given I keep being told BB are now basically a software company, this is particularly disappointing. Any improvements here?

Would appreciate any thoughts. You'll gather from the above that I am a very unwilling Android user (for the last ten years I've been saying it might be an OK OS once it's out of beta....!) and really want something that has the more unified and coherent feel of a "proper" BB - but I'm not willing to consider anything without a PKB.

So I guess I'm wondering whether it is likely to be worth my while to "upgrade" from the usable-but-not-deal KeyOne to a KeyTwo?

Thanks in advance!
    07-05-18 12:46 PM
    I feel your pain but if you keep harkening back to bb10, you're bound to stay a somewhat dissatisfied Android user. We all morn bb10 but there is no going back and we have to make do with what blackdroid has to offer.
    Browserwise I use kiwibrowser. Free, fast and no ads. Coming from an iPhone I feel that now I'm on android I keep looking for the perfect apps and usually paying for them. But I love the PKB so I need to make do.
    07-05-18 12:58 PM
    Nothing you dislike is going to be addressed on the KEY2 for you. There has been keyboard improvements but none that cover what you want really. The SMS integration is going to be the same at the core and the need to buy, pay for apps isn't a BlackBerry thing to address really, that's just how Android works.
    07-05-18 01:00 PM
    I just carry both android and bb10.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-18 01:02 PM
    Cheers for those comments - appreciated. As the KeyOne more or less works for me, I'll spend my money on summat else then!

To be honest, not surprised about the apps / "ecosystem" (I hate that term!), but not having moved things on with the trackpad and SMS integration in the Hub are things I find much harder to understand.

Thanks!
    07-05-18 01:06 PM