I am thinking about getting a phone ring for my Silver key 2. Anyone able to give me some feedback on how useful they are? Are they comfortable?

Cheers
    02-01-19 06:30 AM
    I tried a similar thing for a short period, a strap. It was really useful. It allowed me to hold the device more easily and even in positions which would normally be awkward or impossible. Removed any top-heavy tendency and allowed easier keyboard operation with one hand without dropping the thing. The strap tended to chaff on my finger so i gave up on it pretty quick and decided to get a ring instead because they look like they have no corners to chaff my fingers (I have not got around to buying one yet). It wasn't a K2 I was using it on, but I think in principal it would feel the same on any modern BB.
    02-01-19 07:00 AM
    I seriously considered it, but it doesn't feel right to stick it to the back of my KEY2. Are they removable without doing any damage/leaving any residue behind? And do they stick well to the back of the KEY2 specifically? (and what about a flip case, can I still use my flip case?)
    02-01-19 12:10 PM
    Crackberry Kevin seems to love his. I definitely think it's safer using a case when you head out. I've done that this morning with my Key 2 I am never taking it out without my case. But when I get home I take it off. But I do put it back on while I'm moving between rooms because I have tiles on my first floor and I have dropped a keyone there and well as a motion which got a cracked screen.
    02-01-19 12:22 PM
    i used the ring on my KeyOne.
    I bought a cheap clear back case and stick it on that
    works perfect and the phone still look great
    02-01-19 01:08 PM
    I use a Gear Beast It's more versatile than a ring-thing, since it can hold your cards as well as act as a kickstand.
    diesel0110 likes this.
    02-01-19 01:21 PM
    i used the ring on my KeyOne.
    I bought a cheap clear back case and stick it on that
    works perfect and the phone still look great
    Yeah I was thinking of doing the same that's a good idea
    02-01-19 01:36 PM
    I have one stuck on to each of the two cases that I regularly change between. I find them essential and don't think I'll ever not use one. It's great for walking and using the phone without fear of dropping it, and also useful as a stand to watch media.
    02-01-19 02:34 PM
    Crackberry Kevin seems to love his. I definitely think it's safer using a case when you head out. I've done that this morning with my Key 2 I am never taking it out without my case. But when I get home I take it off. But I do put it back on while I'm moving between rooms because I have tiles on my first floor and I have dropped a keyone there and well as a motion which got a cracked screen.
    What I meant was: can you still use a flip case with the ring attached?
    02-01-19 04:04 PM
    As for me, nope, nope and nope!
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-01-19 04:14 PM
    What I meant was: can you still use a flip case with the ring attached?
    Probably not I'm guessing
    02-01-19 06:19 PM
    I ended up getting this flip case last night only 11 bux with amazon prime..i like the idea of not having to carry my wallet around with me. This clear plastic case I have I will keep on inside the house when I'm moving between rooms to protect it and have it naked when I'm in the rooms.
    Attached Thumbnails How many of you have Phone stand/back rings?-4644.jpg  
    02-02-19 08:56 AM
    Although nothing beats the feeling of a naked key 2. Especially when you have a case on it for a long time and take it off it feels so much lighter.
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-02-19 08:58 AM
    Prompted by CK, I purchased a Spigen. I absolutely love it. It really changed the way I use my phone. I have a Key2 le and three things I love about it are: 1) that it NEVER looks smudged; 2) that it is so light; and 3) it feels good in my hand. So, taking advantage of 1) and not wanting to impair 2) or 3), I wanted to go without a case. The ring allows this to happen. As I got accustomed to using it , I found my phone was even more damage proof than with a case. The ring gives you drop-proof protection and great one-handed capacity. In addition, it can be used as a stand for horizontal viewing. Finally, I have taken the Spigen off and on several times; I'm amazed that it does not leave a mark AND it is fully functional after having been moved a half dozen times. Best money I have spent on an accessory.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    02-02-19 11:07 AM
    Bought a smartphone ring at the pharmacy today (yes, they sell them over here!) and it works quite nicely. Didn't stuck it to the middle though as most people do as I couldn't hold my KEY2 well, so I put it on right center side.
    02-02-19 03:06 PM
    "We don't need no stinking phone rings," is all I have to say.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    the_boon and RK_BB like this.
    02-02-19 03:35 PM
    Prompted by CK, I purchased a Spigen. I absolutely love it. It really changed the way I use my phone. I have a Key2 le and three things I love about it are: 1) that it NEVER looks smudged; 2) that it is so light; and 3) it feels good in my hand. So, taking advantage of 1) and not wanting to impair 2) or 3), I wanted to go without a case. The ring allows this to happen. As I got accustomed to using it , I found my phone was even more damage proof than with a case. The ring gives you drop-proof protection and great one-handed capacity. In addition, it can be used as a stand for horizontal viewing. Finally, I have taken the Spigen off and on several times; I'm amazed that it does not leave a mark AND it is fully functional after having been moved a half dozen times. Best money I have spent on an accessory.
    The only thing it can't protect is when you take your phone out of your pocket and it falls. That has happened to me with past phones
    02-02-19 04:17 PM
    The only thing it can't protect is when you take your phone out of your pocket and it falls. That has happened to me with past phones
    True, true. But not all cases will protect you from that either. At least the KEY2 isn't slippery like the Passport (Red edition).
    02-02-19 04:27 PM
    True, true. But not all cases will protect you from that either. At least the KEY2 isn't slippery like the Passport (Red edition).
    If you get the proper case with a screen protector you are covered from all drops. I agree cheap ones you may not be covered. Screen protector is probably the most important. I've had the key 2 naked all day even when I went out and I loved it. I think the main thing is just always have it in a safe spot like front jean pocket vs side coat where it can come flying out.
    02-02-19 04:35 PM
    I am actually leaning heavily Howard's getting a ring. Honestly after a full day with this naked it's so hard to go back and put a case on it. Even if it gets a couple dings who really cares it's built so strong it's hard to really damage this bad boy. Plus a silver ring looks so bad *** on this device
    02-02-19 04:51 PM
    I am actually leaning heavily Howard's getting a ring. Honestly after a full day with this naked it's so hard to go back and put a case on it. Even if it gets a couple dings who really cares it's built so strong it's hard to really damage this bad boy. Plus a silver ring looks so bad *** on this device
    Used the ring on my KEY2 for a couple of hours now and can wholeheartedly recommend it But as I said: I did put it on the right side of the center so that my finger fits better.
    02-02-19 05:01 PM
    Used the ring on my KEY2 for a couple of hours now and can wholeheartedly recommend it But as I said: I did put it on the right side of the center so that my finger fits better.
    When you put it in that position does it still hold up the device when acting like a kick stand?
    02-02-19 05:03 PM
    When you put it in that position does it still hold up the device when acting like a kick stand?
    Yes, albeit with a bit more of an angle, but no problem for me. It's actually a better viewing angle IMHO.
    02-02-19 05:10 PM
    "We don't need no stinking phone rings," is all I have to say.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Yeah just a phone to replace that Z10...lol
    02-02-19 05:14 PM
    Yes, albeit with a bit more of an angle, but no problem for me. It's actually a better viewing angle IMHO.
    I am sort of stuck because I tried to cancel that order for that case. The one I attached to this thread but it was only 11 bux. No sense me getting a key ring because attaching that to the back is pointless now because the case I got coming tomorrow acts as a kick stand already.
    02-02-19 05:16 PM
46 12