I wonder:
    How many Keone have they sold? And how many Key2 do they expect to sell??
    Anybody knows...
    07-29-18 11:44 AM
    There was a report at the end of last December and it estimated that BBMobile sold about 850 000 devices. It's obvious that the overwhelming majority are KEYones, and whatever crumbs are left would be the Motion.
    07-29-18 03:43 PM
    Let's hope for the best for the KEY2. Any future PKB devices depend on the sales. And I for one would like not to be left choosing between glass slabs for a smartphone 3, 5 or 10 years from now.
    07-29-18 04:16 PM
    Smartphone sales have. Been dropping for the last few years hopefully this new device with the PKB will catch on to new users.
    07-29-18 04:29 PM
    Let's hope for the best for the KEY2. Any future PKB devices depend on the sales. And I for one would like not to be left choosing between glass slabs for a smartphone 3, 5 or 10 years from now.
    ... and sales depend on value-for-money

Posted via CB10
    07-29-18 04:37 PM
    Not many...no carrier support in the USA
    07-29-18 04:39 PM
    How can one hope when the device is like a swamp - full of bugs.

And the if they had made it shorter than K1 by eliminating the nav key ribbon, it was going to look much more modern. I guess marketing decided that is for the K3 to impress.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-18 05:01 PM
    How can one hope when the device is like a swamp - full of bugs.

And the if they had made it shorter than K1 by eliminating the nav key ribbon, it was going to look much more modern. I guess marketing decided that is for the K3 to impress.

Posted via CB10
    And you think the KEY2 is the only device to have bugs at launch?

What if I told you that every single device can and does have some kind of issues

If it's made by man, then it can't be perfect
    07-29-18 05:03 PM

What if I told you that every single device can and does have some kind of issues

Agreed.

What if I tell you when a man makes something second time around, if it isn't better, he failed (camera, double typing, space bar, speaker and so on)

Posted via CB10
    juanpgar likes this.
    07-29-18 05:05 PM
    Agreed.

What if I tell you when a man makes something second time around, if it isn't better, he failed (camera, double typing, space bar, speaker and so on)

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what you're talking about. I have both devices and :
    - Camera : K2 performs a bit better than K1 (and don't let me wrong, I did extensive comparative tests in another thread)
    - Keyboard : better. No double-typing. Spacebar OK (I'm not bothered by the sound that key produces)
    - Speaker : better
    - Battery : the same.
    - Design : improved (subjective)
    - Call quality : far better
    - Performances : highly improved.

It's clearly an evolution of the first device, they adjusted a lot of things to improve the experience.
    I wish for good sales.
    07-29-18 05:25 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    Camera (low light) has been greatly improved in the latest monthly update

Double typing has been fixed with the BB Keyboard update

That leaves us with the spacebar, which for some people is enough to exchange and for others not so much.
    07-29-18 05:30 PM
    Sadly, this isn't an iPhone and I am sure lots of enthusiast (including me) were turned around by all the issues at launch. And regarding to one of the comments above - "all devices have bugs" - while this is the reality, we, the consumers, should not settle for this (sadly I know the fight was lost long time ago).

Posted via CB10
    07-29-18 06:28 PM
    At the risk of asking a stupid question what's a good number for sales?
    I have to admit I'm no die hard, blind to other devices blackberry fan even though I'm in the market for a good 2nd hand key one(I miss the keyboard) the key 2 & what I'm getting for my money puts me off,but l would like it to sell as many units as possible, so for blackberry what is a good target?
    07-29-18 06:40 PM
    I would suspect that success is more about carrier sales and support than just numbers sold. BBMo/TCL licensed the name as much for perceptions and familiarity with carriers.

I suspect the plan has been to get a better toehold in carriers than just the Alcatel brand. To look towards a longer term view, the political dynamics with the USA carriers has been going on for several years and I would suspect there’s some value with BB Limited handling the software in the eyes of the enterprise base including governments.
    07-29-18 06:55 PM
    They need to Get the Key2 in the stores so potential buyers can try it out before they buy one. The problem is no US carriers have displayed any Blackberrys for years.
    07-29-18 06:58 PM
    Sadly, this isn't an iPhone and I am sure lots of enthusiast (including me) were turned around by all the issues at launch. And regarding to one of the comments above - "all devices have bugs" - while this is the reality, we, the consumers, should not settle for this (sadly I know the fight was lost long time ago).

Posted via CB10
    How did iPhone enter into this discussion? Ever buy a PKB Apple? Yes iPhones have always had their share of issues/bugs too. Better yet Apple now has just a 13% share of worldwide phone sales. Only in North America and Australia do they compete with Android.

Sure BBMobile has less than a half of a percent of market share but at least they are offering a PKB and that's in my case as well as others what we're looking for.
    Erodotus and TCM01 like this.
    07-29-18 07:02 PM
    How did iPhone enter into this discussion? Ever buy a PKB Apple?
    Giving it as a example of brand whose clients tent to forget or buy despite of bugs, most of which very serious. They can afford (at the current time at last 5+ years) to launch with bugs as people will somehow easily forgive/forget, or don't care.

Posted via CB10
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-29-18 07:30 PM

Bang on! My wife's iPhone 8 had two rapid fire updates to correct usefulness. BlackBerry and TCL seem to be slower out of the gate. That being said, this is a niche devise and so far, all be it slow, they are working on it.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-29-18 08:43 PM
    Smartphone sales have. Been dropping for the last few years hopefully this new device with the PKB will catch on to new users.
    Don't hold your breath..PKB phones will never regain the market share they once had ..
    07-29-18 10:51 PM
    Don't hold your breath..PKB phones will never regain the market share they once had ..
    Don't need them to. Just need them to sell enough to keep being produced, even in low volumes like KEYone/KEY2
    Laramie50 likes this.
    07-30-18 12:52 AM
    From June 2017 to January 2018, TCL sold 850,000 KEYone. It is July so they had to sell about 1 million. For the KEY2 it's hard to say how much TCL will sell but if they do not change their sales strategy, it will not sell anymore.
    Erodotus likes this.
    07-30-18 01:17 AM
    07-30-18 02:56 AM
    Not many...no carrier support in the USA
    Yeah i don't understand why carriers won't stock. Surely it wouldn't be much work to have 1 unique phone out of a sea of slabs.
    07-30-18 04:31 AM
    Everybody else better be buying the KEY2 so I can await the KEY3!
    07-30-18 04:41 AM
    07-30-18 05:16 AM
51 123