Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEY2

How to lock KEYBOARD on KEY2?

Asked: Oct 03 2019 | 1:57 pm EDT 2403 Views 7 Answers

Havent u packed my Key2 yet. But on the Bold i could just press "A" and the keyboard locked, preventing "purse dials." But all the instructions with this Key2 talk only about locking the SCREEN, as if they themselves FORGOT they are manufacturing a QWERTY phone. The intricate workarounds all seem to return to locking the phone itself. (considering all the things abt having to "upgrade" to this instrument this may seem minor. Ut it is just the tip of my personal iceberg with this.) THANKYOUUUUUUUUU (KEY2 isnt even a category choice in the pulldown, but hopefully this will find the right Users!)

More Answers

Oct 03 2019 | 6:05 pm EDT Ecm

(Moved to the KEY2 forum)

Oct 03 2019 | 6:08 pm EDT conite

Havent u packed my Key2 yet. But on the Bold i could just press "A" and the keyboard locked, preventing "purse dials." But all the instructions with this Key2 talk only about locking the SCREEN, as if they themselves FORGOT they are manufacturing a QWERTY phone. The intricate workarounds all seem to return to locking the phone itself. (considering all the things abt having to "upgrade" to this instrument this may seem minor. Ut it is just the tip of my personal iceberg with this.) THANKYOUUUUUUUUU (KEY2 isnt even a category choice in the pulldown, but hopefully this will find the right Users!)
The keyboard can't do anything while the phone is locked.

Oct 03 2019 | 6:43 pm EDT rocker_man1

yeah the keyboard only works when the screen is on.

Oct 03 2019 | 11:01 pm EDT wasalph

yeah the keyboard only works when the screen is on.
the spacebar is in fingerprint waiting mode though if fingerprint unlock is setup

Oct 04 2019 | 12:51 am EDT rocker_man1

Yeah so keep your finger off the spacebar.

Oct 04 2019 | 5:18 am EDT wasalph

Yeah so keep your finger off the spacebar.
keep off any part of skin from the spacebar

Oct 04 2019 | 9:57 am EDT sorgo

keep off any part of skin from the spacebar
Keep of anything from the spacebar.
I tried to start putting the phone with the keyboard on the outside to avoid phantom fingerprint scans (which you can do a few and they it requires a PIN code to unlock).

Also I had a few occurrences when they screen unlocked, since I set up a delay for screen lock (it does not lock until x minutes after screen off). Eventually you can set up immediate lock with power off button to avoid this.