hi,

how is the keyboard scrolling on the key2?

I purchased a keyone back in 2017 and I can remember that I always was quite unsatisfied with the keyboard scrolling. For me it was very unpredictable and random at times. It was really disappointing since I came from a passport silver edition which had exceptionally good keyboard scrolling. It was very different from the keyone since the screen kept scrolling on and on with a single swipe with the thumb across the keyboard. This was never the case on the keyone for me. As soon as your fingers left the keyboard the scrolling would stop immediatelly.

Just compare the scrolling performance in the blackberry hub when the app is opened normally and as a widget. Surprisingly in the widget the scrolling performance is very similar to the passport. However when the Hub is opened normally it gets really slow for some strange reason.

Can anybody confirm that this behaviour is the same on the key2?

Also I really don't know why people don't complain about this. No mentions in any video review out there on youtube for example. For me this is not acceptable since Blackberry's only real selling point is a flawless keyboard. And I expect that as a customer. I do not expect other features like camera, screen etc... to be top notch but I do so with the keyboard.

If the key2 has not improved in this regard there wouldn't be any reason for me to switch.

Regards,

lm
    05-08-19 01:51 PM
    I have no issues. IMO better tan KeyOne but probably not as good as passport. You also need to be careful not to inadvertently touch the home button. I quite enjoy scrolling news feeds in landscape orientation.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-08-19 04:58 PM
    I know exactly what you are talking about. The K1 scrolling wasn't anything to write home about.

That said, this feature is much improved on the K2!

There are other gesture related areas of the keypad that doesn't perform as nearly as well as they do on former BlackBerry devices but that's a whole other matter.
    Bob80220 and Crusader03 like this.
    05-08-19 05:08 PM
    Scrolling on Key2 is miles ahead of what it was on the Key1. The Key1 was jumpy and not very smooth.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-08-19 06:56 PM
    Scrolling on Key2 is miles ahead of what it was on the Key1. The Key1 was jumpy and not very smooth.
    Not to mention the awkward feeling of scrolling on those glossy keys.
    05-08-19 07:03 PM
    absolutely better on Key 2 !
    05-08-19 07:27 PM
    It is better for sure on the Key 2 compared to the KeyOne, not only because of the matte keys which are better for gliding your finger over their surface, but the capacitive functionality also has improved.
    Having said this however don't get your hopes too high: Compared to the Passport or the Priv the capacitive actions, be it scrolling or swiping, still is kind of lackluster and leaves room for improvements.
    05-08-19 08:05 PM
    scrolling is pretty good on my key2. No issues here
    05-09-19 06:39 AM
    Not to mention the awkward feeling of scrolling on those glossy keys.
    This was a concern I had switching from KEYone to KEY2 - I actually thought I would prefer the glossy keys to the matte, but now that I have a KEY2, I find that scrolling is much more consistent on the KEY2 than it was on the KEYone. Whether that's a hardware or software issue, I'm not sure. I'm happy with the KEY2 at any rate.
    05-09-19 11:36 PM
    I have no issues... not as good as passport. You also need to be careful not to inadvertently touch the home button.... scrolling news feeds in landscape orientation is fine
    ^^^^^^^^ this
    05-10-19 09:44 AM
    Much better than the keyone but not as good as the passport. I have had three key2's and each one was different as build date went up the better the keyboard became.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-10-19 10:22 AM