The other thread has 1000+ posts on this and based on my reading, activating an LE works best. Why it does, I don't know - probably because the IMEI maps to a BlackBerry for both the Key2 and the LE. And if you read that thread, you'll see that most/all of the tier-2 tech requests to have the device added to the mystical DMD have failed. That's why I said activating an LE is the most reliable way.
    I believe @classact hits the same point that LE converters have accomplished in a similar manner. In @classact earlier posts as well as the others that submit DMD forms, it’s the additional features the DMD requests that seems to fail with everyone regardless of device. The IMEI on each Key2 identifies as such so you can only fool a system to a point. It’s not 2005 anymore. Some of these features aren’t to block Key2 (LOL) but to keep people from identity spoofing through hijacked SIM and other strategies to compromise individuals for identity theft purposes.
    11-12-19 09:24 AM
    I believe @classact hits the same point that LE converters have accomplished in a similar manner. In @classact earlier posts as well as the others that submit DMD forms, it’s the additional features the DMD requests that seems to fail with everyone regardless of device. The IMEI on each Key2 identifies as such so you can only fool a system to a point. It’s not 2005 anymore. Some of these features aren’t to block Key2 (LOL) but to keep people from identity spoofing through hijacked SIM and other strategies to compromise individuals for identity theft purposes.
    So, do you share the opinion of @whatnow00 that activating on an LE is likely going to be successful?

And can I please ask you both if you expect "successful" to be more-or-less as good as activating a KeyONE on VZW by using a VZW branded device used to be (in which case I had all but WFC working perfectly, as far as I know). Access to Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional Settings should appear, for instance?
    Last edited by classact; 11-12-19 at 01:36 PM.
    11-12-19 01:21 PM
    Wonderfully informative post with clear explanations that help people try to solve a problem that they desired to solve. My favorite kind of post on Crackberry. Thank you OP.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jake2826; 11-14-19 at 04:37 PM.
    11-12-19 03:27 PM
    Wonderfully informative post with clear explanations that helps people solve a problem that they desired to solve. My favorite kind of post on Crackberry. Thank you OP.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but I hope you read the rest of the thread because I was premature in saying it works perfectly. As of today, it still does not.

Today VZW tech support told me they do see a pending "case" regarding my recent request to add my IMEI to the DMD (Device Management Database). For some reason, the first form submitted ten days ago seems to have been lost or never got properly submitted. I had another request submitted a couple days ago and that's the one showing a pending case. So, maybe I'll know more soon (though I'm suspecting based on other posts as this progresses that activating with an LE is the best way to do this).
    11-12-19 04:15 PM
    Thanks, but I hope you read the rest of the thread because I was premature in saying it works perfectly. As of today, it still does not.

Today VZW tech support told me they do see a pending "case" regarding my recent request to add my IMEI to the DMD (Device Management Database). For some reason, the first form submitted ten days ago seems to have been lost or never got properly submitted. I had another request submitted a couple days ago and that's the one showing a pending case. So, maybe I'll know more soon (though I'm suspecting based on other posts as this progresses that activating with an LE is the best way to do this).
    Got it. Thank you for updating me.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-19 04:32 PM
    So, do you share the opinion of @whatnow00 that activating on an LE is likely going to be successful?

And can I please ask you both if you expect "successful" to be more-or-less as good as activating a KeyONE on VZW by using a VZW branded device used to be (in which case I had all but WFC working perfectly, as far as I know). Access to Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional Settings should appear, for instance?
    I’m comfortable that SIM from any CDMALESS VZW official device should achieve same level of success as factory unlocked certified LE or carrier locked branded LE for Key2 activation.

From my perspective, your only real shot at the almost perfection would be Key2 LE VZW branded as your device itself.
    11-12-19 04:58 PM
    I’m comfortable that SIM from any CDMALESS VZW official device should achieve same level of success as factory unlocked certified LE or carrier locked branded LE for Key2 activation.

From my perspective, your only real shot at the almost perfection would be Key2 LE VZW branded as your device itself.
    Interesting. Thank you. But how does one obtain a VZW-branded Key2 LE without having a "business" account with Verizon? I'm a solo professional and have no need for a business account with them, though it's been many years since I asked about having one.

(Not to mention, how does a lifelong BlackBerry user adapt to having no capacitive keyboard? I'm just sayin', or rather, lamenting.)
    11-12-19 05:07 PM
    Interesting. Thank you. But how does one obtain a VZW-branded Key2 LE without having a "business" account with Verizon? I'm a solo professional and have no need for a business account with them, though it's been many years since I asked about having one.

(Not to mention, how does a lifelong BlackBerry user adapt to having no capacitive keyboard? I'm just sayin', or rather, lamenting.)
    Some here claim to have contacted VZW sales online and somehow get the LE but I’m not sure. I’m not fan of the capacitive PKB since the majority of my 20+ models over 15+ years don’t have it. For me, I just didn’t use that often if ever. Some have complained so much about various issues with the Key2 capacitive features, that maybe LE is better choice for less disappointment.
    11-12-19 05:13 PM
    Some here claim to have contacted VZW sales online and somehow get the LE but I’m not sure. I’m not fan of the capacitive PKB since the majority of my 20+ models over 15+ years don’t have it. For me, I just didn’t use that often if ever. Some have complained so much about various issues with the Key2 capacitive features, that maybe LE is better choice for less disappointment.
    And for me, with all this wrestling to work with VZW, who I've been with for 20 years and don't want to switch away from, if I'm not going to have a capacitive keyboard for text selection I'm wondering how much advantage is left having a BB versus a Samsung. Keyboard shortcuts, extra productivity features... but no way to get a good Seidio case with a belt clip, no superior text selection/editing...
    11-12-19 05:21 PM
    And for me, with all this wrestling to work with VZW, who I've been with for 20 years and don't want to switch away from, if I'm not going to have a capacitive keyboard for text selection I'm wondering how much advantage is left having a BB versus a Samsung. Keyboard shortcuts, extra productivity features... but no way to get a good Seidio case with a belt clip, no superior text selection/editing...
    I’m the wrong person to ask. While I still dual carry a KEYone it’s WiFi only now. My dual eSIM XR is my primary device now. I prefer AT&T carrier hardware and I’m not switching either.
    11-12-19 05:46 PM
    Here is my update - I have CDMA-less on my line and I even put the SIM card in Verizon A10 phone and I'm having issues with ONLY receiving/sending MMS' sometimes. Anyone have another suggestion?
    11-13-19 11:57 AM
    UPDATE: Since I originally began this thread, I have found that it does not work "perfectly" at all. At least, it hasn't as of a week into wrestling with it. See the rest of this thread.

Original post:

There is zero question the Key2 will work perfectly fine on Verizon once it's done correctly. But it has to be done correctly.

One way is that the SIM has to be activated on a Verizon branded phone or Verizon-approved model of phone that's got no CDMA -- which tells the system to provision it as CDMA-less. Then move the SIM into the Key2.

In my case, since I had no such phone to go with, I gave a huge tip to a sales rep at the Verizon store for his time and we used the display model of the Samsung A10e, which a Verizon tech support rep suggested we do. That worked out fine. Obviously, a Key2 LE would suffice as well.

That was it. The phone works perfectly fine in all regards!

Then, separately, the tech support rep submitted the form to have my IMEI listed as approved, which the tech support supervisor told me is not essential (as demonstrated by the fact that it already works and it will take days for that form to go through) but will be necessary if I ever want to activate a new SIM in the future without using a different phone to activate it. This, of course, suggests that this step alone is all that's needed, without using another phone. The difference here is that the tech support supervisor told me this process can take three to five business days, while the use of anohter phone was instant. This listing of the IMEI will result in the Key2 showing as the active device on the account for this number when I log in online, once it's finalized.

As to how sure it is that this is a reliable procedure, the following people told me in the past week that the Key2 will work fine on Verizon when done right: tech at BlackBerry Mobile ("Most of the techs here know how to get it done"; a few tier-2 techs at Verizon; and a couple of supervisors in tier-2 tech support at Verizon. And of course I had this successful experience myself.

There are still people saying it won't work so don't believe them if you come across that. Go Talk, the current authorized retailer, insisted it definitely will not work. A couple people at BB and VZW said they weren't sure or that it probably wouldn't. So, just know that as long as it's done right it certainly will work.

One VZW tech support supervisor even went online with me last week and compared the bands of the Key2 LE with the Key2 on the BlackBerry Mobile website in the Specifications listings, and when she saw they're both identical she said that that was the end of that question -- but she also said using a different phone that's approved and is CDMA-less is an important step to avoid complications, though those complications seem to be nothing more than submitting the form to have the IMEI listed, which the other tech support supervisor I spoke with said is a very standard process that should go just fine.

By the way, in the US there's only one model to choose from, which is the only one made for "NA" or "North America" -- BBF100-2.
    What issue are you having now?
    11-13-19 11:58 AM
    What issue are you having now?
    Same as before. Unchanged. Still no progress on getting IMEI listed with Verizon (and no idea if they will, or if it will even help if they do).

Same issues include (but I can't say this is the only issue since I haven't tested for MMS or other similar things):

- calls made from Contacts only show their number, not their name, while on the call and in Recents, Call History, and texts; very bad!

- to fix that I'd probably need to change a setting (disable Assisted Dialing) by going into settings that are not available but should be (when I go into Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional Settings it produces an error message saying "Network or SIM card error" and "Unable to load settings" and behind that I see Caller ID grayed out as unavailable -- and on my Samsung that Additional Settings module has a lot of settings in it, including Assisted Dialing, so that's an important module that is totally not working)
    11-13-19 12:14 PM
    I just spoke to BlackBerry Mobile tech support and the guy said he thinks once Verizon changes over to GSM as their base network in January the Key2 will work fine on Verizon without all these current challenges. (Actually, he stated it with conviction, without "I think." I added that because I know better than to report anything of the sort as if it was fact.)

I don't expect it's at all that simple, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any insights one way or the other.
    11-13-19 12:17 PM
    it's amazing everyone has the same phone but different issues. everything is working fine for me except my sometimes mms issue and I use youmail for Voicemail so I'm not sure if the Verizon voicemail works as I have never tried it.
    11-13-19 12:32 PM
    I just spoke to BlackBerry Mobile tech support and the guy said he thinks once Verizon changes over to GSM as their base network in January the Key2 will work fine on Verizon without all these current challenges. (Actually, he stated it with conviction, without "I think." I added that because I know better than to report anything of the sort as if it was fact.)

I don't expect it's at all that simple, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any insights one way or the other.
    Well that’s not good news for you as VZW isn’t switching their base to GSM from CDMA, ever. It’s simply eventually dropping CDMA just like Sprint will eventually. AT&T is GSM and T-Mobile likewise and both are dropping GSM eventually. That’s what the move to LTE only and eventually 5G is really about. Tech you spoke with doesn’t sound familiar with situation. I’m not mobile IT or even in the industry but, perhaps someone here will correct me. Sorry to hear.
    11-13-19 02:12 PM

Well Verizon isn't switching to GSM and they aren't even cutting off CDMA just yet either.... no hope there.
    11-13-19 02:57 PM

As others have said, that's not correct. I'll try to explain my understanding: Verizon used to send voice calls over its 3G/2G CDMA network, which is why on early smartphones you couldn't talk and use data at the same time. GSM is the equivalent of CDMA. They have been transitioning all voice traffic to Voice over 4G LTE (VoLTE), which is a completely different standard than GSM or CDMA.

Verizon never planned to switch to GSM; they planned to shut down their CDMA network and switch all remaining CDMA towers to 4G LTE and/or 5G on December 31, 2019. They extended that to December 31, 2020.

So nothing will change for the Key2. It already has all the wireless bands it needs to work on Verizon LTE only (it does not have any legacy CDMA bands like the iPhone, Galaxy, etc. still have). That's why you can use it for data only without a problem. But Verizon for whatever reason has not officially certified the Key2 for its network which is why it's so difficult to get voice and SMS/MMS working.
    11-13-19 06:11 PM
    Since I originally began this thread, I have found that it does not work "perfectly" at all. After countless dozens of hours lost over weeks and talking to numerous senior techs as BlackBerry and Verizon, I finally returned the Key2 and abandoned the mission after determining conclusively it cannot be done! It will work "somewhat" but not nearly to the level of proper functionality a serious user who cares about a BlackBerry in the first place would need. Some normal features, like seeing names in call and text activity and history instead of just numbers, simply cannot be enabled.

I also found out that my earlier post saying Verizon is moving to GSM so it will work soon was entirely wrong information from a tech who didn't know what he was talking about.

How can I now speak in such "absolute" terms after all the conflicting and mistaken statements I've previously made or passed on?

Well, today I gave up on the Key2 and had a Verizon tech walk me through moving that line to my Samsung S9. He said just moving the SIM over should work and the CDMA-less feature that had been added would just be ignored.

But it didn't quite work out that way. Instead, my number stopped making or receiving calls! It did all else, but no calls could come in or go out. It could only dial tech support's shortcut number, meaning it did "work" but it wouldn't make or receive normal calls. The tier-2 tech tried for half an hour to resolve it and it wouldn't work. All he managed to do is a trick to make all incoming calls go to voicemail. So, I went to the store where I knew I could get a new SIM and could activate on a display unit, but even doing that didn’t help – the number wouldn’t make or receive calls even on activating a new SIM in a Samsung phone on their display floor!

So, I got a "very, very senior" tech person at Verizon tech support on the line!

I mean, this "very, very senior" tech person was obtained after I explained the severity of the situation to a tier-2 tech. "I've been a customer for 20 years. This is my main business line and is how everyone reaches me. I did everything tech support supervisors told me to do. Now, my line can't make or receive calls! I need maximum possible escalation on this right away, please!"

And the man who came on after quite a bit of hold time was clearly not just another tech. I was not in the hands of just another tier-2 tech or tech support supervisor. After 20 years, I can tell the difference. It was obvious right away. And when I explained the situation and said that's why I needed truly escalated help, he said he was that person and, as he handled it, it was obvious he was. It took a little time and a couple phases but he got it all back to working properly.

And he explained reality to me.

Adding the IMEI to the DMD is just not going to happen with a model that is not already approved/certified. (Which matches my experience because two tier-2 techs over ten days submitted the form and nothing happened whatsoever, with nothing to even track for status updates. He told me that that form simply doesn't do what I had been led to believe it might do.)

Getting all the Verizon features to work by activating the SIM in another phone and moving it into the Key2 is just not going to happen. Period! End of story! It's not approved/certified and will not work if you want all or even most of the features! (In fact, even what does seem to be working could be intermitted for all anyone knows.)

I would love my 100 or so hours back (yep, that's how much time I estimate I invested in the past few weeks between research and trying), not to mention my costs of shipping the phone to me and shipping it back for a refund.

So, if I may help save others the trouble:

A Key2 will not work properly on Verizon! PERIOD!

I cannot speak to how a Key2 LE might or might not work on Verizon. I can say it was stated pretty emphatically to me that there is no such thing as a “Verizon branded” Key2 LE, and that an unlocked Key LE from BestBuy should work identically to one purchased from Verizon's business division. But moving that SIM into a Key2 is not going to do any better at getting the Key2 to work properly than the costly experience I just went through. I assume a Key2 LE should work pretty well on Verizon.

I didn't want a Key2 LE. I also didn't want to move away from Verizon after being with them 20 years. So, I have now moved on from BlackBerry after using only BlackBerry PKB phones since before the Bold. I'm now getting familiar with the all-touch keyboard of a Samsung. That’s now my primary phone.

As to anything changing with Verizon’s network, since posting what I posted above about Verizon "changing over to GSM in January" I later learned from a few sources that I would say seem very reliable that that was total nonsense from the BlackBerry tech who had told me that. I assume he meant well but he clearly had no idea. He even told me he was just repeating something he found through Google. The posts above this one by others that clarify that issue seem very accurate. They'll be phasing out CDMA, but that's currently pushed out another year and has zero impact on whether a Key2 will work.

If it's not certified, which as of today it is not (and there’s no indication it ever will be), then, if I haven't made it clear enough yet:

BASED ON MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, THE KEY2 WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY ON VERIZON! NO HACKS EXIST THAT CAN MAKE ALL OF THE "IMPORTANT" FEATURES PROPERLY FUNCTIONAL!
    11-14-19 02:48 AM
    Since I originally began this thread, I have found that it does not work "perfectly" at all. After countless dozens of hours lost over weeks and talking to numerous senior techs as BlackBerry and Verizon, I finally returned the Key2 and abandoned the mission after determining conclusively it cannot be done! It will work "somewhat" but not nearly to the level of proper functionality a serious user who cares about a BlackBerry in the first place would need. Some normal features, like seeing names in call and text activity and history instead of just numbers, simply cannot be enabled.

I also found out that my earlier post saying Verizon is moving to GSM so it will work soon was entirely wrong information from a tech who didn't know what he was talking about.

How can I now speak in such "absolute" terms after all the conflicting and mistaken statements I've previously made or passed on?

Well, today I gave up on the Key2 and had a Verizon tech walk me through moving that line to my Samsung S9. He said just moving the SIM over should work and the CDMA-less feature that had been added would just be ignored.

But it didn't quite work out that way. Instead, my number stopped making or receiving calls! It did all else, but no calls could come in or go out. It could only dial tech support's shortcut number, meaning it did "work" but it wouldn't make or receive normal calls. The tier-2 tech tried for half an hour to resolve it and it wouldn't work. All he managed to do is a trick to make all incoming calls go to voicemail. So, I went to the store where I knew I could get a new SIM and could activate on a display unit, but even doing that didn’t help – the number wouldn’t make or receive calls even on activating a new SIM in a Samsung phone on their display floor!

So, I got a "very, very senior" tech person at Verizon tech support on the line!

I mean, this "very, very senior" tech person was obtained after I explained the severity of the situation to a tier-2 tech. "I've been a customer for 20 years. This is my main business line and is how everyone reaches me. I did everything tech support supervisors told me to do. Now, my line can't make or receive calls! I need maximum possible escalation on this right away, please!"

And the man who came on after quite a bit of hold time was clearly not just another tech. I was not in the hands of just another tier-2 tech or tech support supervisor. After 20 years, I can tell the difference. It was obvious right away. And when I explained the situation and said that's why I needed truly escalated help, he said he was that person and, as he handled it, it was obvious he was. It took a little time and a couple phases but he got it all back to working properly.

And he explained reality to me.

Adding the IMEI to the DMD is just not going to happen with a model that is not already approved/certified. (Which matches my experience because two tier-2 techs over ten days submitted the form and nothing happened whatsoever, with nothing to even track for status updates. He told me that that form simply doesn't do what I had been led to believe it might do.)

Getting all the Verizon features to work by activating the SIM in another phone and moving it into the Key2 is just not going to happen. Period! End of story! It's not approved/certified and will not work if you want all or even most of the features! (In fact, even what does seem to be working could be intermitted for all anyone knows.)

I would love my 100 or so hours back (yep, that's how much time I estimate I invested in the past few weeks between research and trying), not to mention my costs of shipping the phone to me and shipping it back for a refund.

So, if I may help save others the trouble:

A Key2 will not work properly on Verizon! PERIOD!

I cannot speak to how a Key2 LE might or might not work on Verizon. I can say it was stated pretty emphatically to me that there is no such thing as a “Verizon branded” Key2 LE, and that an unlocked Key LE from BestBuy should work identically to one purchased from Verizon's business division. But moving that SIM into a Key2 is not going to do any better at getting the Key2 to work properly than the costly experience I just went through. I assume a Key2 LE should work pretty well on Verizon.

I didn't want a Key2 LE. I also didn't want to move away from Verizon after being with them 20 years. So, I have now moved on from BlackBerry after using only BlackBerry PKB phones since before the Bold. I'm now getting familiar with the all-touch keyboard of a Samsung. That’s now my primary phone.

As to anything changing with Verizon’s network, since posting what I posted above about Verizon "changing over to GSM in January" I later learned from a few sources that I would say seem very reliable that that was total nonsense from the BlackBerry tech who had told me that. I assume he meant well but he clearly had no idea. He even told me he was just repeating something he found through Google. The posts above this one by others that clarify that issue seem very accurate. They'll be phasing out CDMA, but that's currently pushed out another year and has zero impact on whether a Key2 will work.

If it's not certified, which as of today it is not (and there’s no indication it ever will be), then, if I haven't made it clear enough yet:

BASED ON MY RESEARCH AND EXPERIENCE, THE KEY2 WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY ON VERIZON! NO HACKS EXIST THAT CAN MAKE ALL OF THE "IMPORTANT" FEATURES PROPERLY FUNCTIONAL!
    Sorry to hear of the end result but as you know I can definitely relate from my experience with AT&T KEYone that eventually forced me to XR just for WFC and nothing else. With AT&T, everything but WFC functions on AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone regardless of what AT&T claims should happen. I should get WFC on the carrier version and no Enhanced Calling Features on factory version.

What happens with all carriers is that legacy systems and current regulations allow carriers to support their carrier sold hardware for base service. Anything that’s beyond requirements, someone has to pay for and that means the OEM itself when the alternative is the carrier will cancel any sales agreement for carrier devices. That’s similar to the VZW KEYone ending up on Amazon delayed from introduction and not in VZW stores. It also shows how neither CDMA KEYone Sprint carrier locked or VZW factory unlocked got Oreo update.

Carriers want customers and want customers to pay enough for sales and service to be profitable. If you want to buy from another carrier and switch, carriers don’t want your extra support calls for devices that weren’t intended for their network and they didn’t get profits from. Same with customers leaving before they’ve recouped plan revenue to offset promotions for devices sold. At the end of the day, carriers want you on their business terms and if you don’t agree, they’d just assume you go to competition and be they’re problem. That’s how Sprint ended up in the situation they’re in.
    11-14-19 06:51 AM
    Sorry to hear of the end result but as you know I can definitely relate from my experience with AT&T KEYone that eventually forced me to XR just for WFC and nothing else. With AT&T, everything but WFC functions on AT&T KEYone and BE KEYone regardless of what AT&T claims should happen. I should get WFC on the carrier version and no Enhanced Calling Features on factory version.
    I'm curious why you bought an expensive iPhone just to get Wi-Fi calling when a $200 Android would suffice.
    11-14-19 09:45 AM
    I'm curious why you bought an expensive iPhone just to get Wi-Fi calling when a $200 Android would suffice.
    Because I was purchasing iPhone XR for my teenage daughter to replace her four year old iPhone 6 hand me down from her older brother and sister. When I went into AT&T, it was BOGO free so I paid $375 per device. For iOS that’s not bad for a 3-4 year time horizon. AT&T doesn’t really support WFC on mid-tier Android that well and 4/64 and 4/128 devices aren’t priced that low anyways. Mid-tier Android is just taking off in carrier stores and maybe the math can improve.
    11-14-19 11:51 AM
    I'm really not sure what the contacts name issue was on your phone - my Key2 continues to work fine in that regard. The only issues I have remaining are: I cannot access the menu which controls outbound caller ID, and after an update this morning I had to go into the *#*#46368676#*#* menu and re-enable VoLTE. Interestingly there was something weird going on with this menu - VoLTE was grayed out until I disabled ad blocking in Blockada. Must have been a DNS related issue somehow. After disabling Blockada I was able to re-enable VoLTE and re-enable Blockada. It even continues to work fine on my boss's Priv - although that device is band limited.

I haven't tried anything regarding IMEI whitelisting. I didn't expect that was going to happen.

How I activated my KEY2 on Verizon-2019-12-06-09.12.51.jpg
    How I activated my KEY2 on Verizon-2019-12-06-09.12.34.jpg
    How I activated my KEY2 on Verizon-2019-12-06-09.17.55.jpg

I don't see how those could be Verizon issues as much as just phone issues. Would have recommended the dreaded factory reset.
    12-06-19 11:09 AM
    I'm really not sure what the contacts name issue was on your phone - my Key2 continues to work fine in that regard. The only issues I have remaining are: I cannot access the menu which controls outbound caller ID, and after an update this morning I had to go into the *#*#46368676#*#* menu and re-enable VoLTE. Interestingly there was something weird going on with this menu - VoLTE was grayed out until I disabled ad blocking in Blockada. Must have been a DNS related issue somehow. After disabling Blockada I was able to re-enable VoLTE and re-enable Blockada. It even continues to work fine on my boss's Priv - although that device is band limited.

I haven't tried anything regarding IMEI whitelisting. I didn't expect that was going to happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-12-06 09.12.51.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	446926

Name:	2019-12-06 09.12.34.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	446927

Name:	2019-12-06 09.17.55.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	446928

I don't see how those could be Verizon issues as much as just phone issues. Would have recommended the dreaded factory reset.
    Can we please try to drill down on this?

If you go into "Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional settings" do you have the full set of options in there? That's a very important factor in my judgment.

And for me, "some" calls showed the caller's name. It depended on whether they called me first, I think, since that did pick up caller ID.

But if you go into your Contacts and call someone from there, does their name show up while you're on the call and in the call log/history? In all cases?

(I have ActiveSync with Exchange for Contacts, which might matter.)

Thanks!

Jay
    12-06-19 03:11 PM
    I also have activesync to our corporate Office 365 domain. Contact name shows up in all cases. Have never once had a problem. Personal contacts synced separately to Google also show up without issue regardless of how the call was initiated. Manual dial, from contacts search in phone app, or incoming calls. I don't see how a carrier could mess that part up anyway - as long as it passes caller id to the phone, it is all local on the phone what is being looked up and where.

As mentioned, the only issue I do have is accessing the "additional settings" area. I get an error going to that screen. Not sure what you mean by full set of options. On my AT&T SIM the only thing in this menu is the same thing that is there with Verizon - a single option for caller ID. Just on the AT&T sim I could adjust the caller ID and on the Verizon sim I get an error.
    12-06-19 03:44 PM
85 1234