You should be able to resolve on the phone. A simple way is to let the tech know you are getting a KEY 2 LE or BLU VIVO XI+ or some other CDMA-less required device and you want the feature added. It should be that simple.
    I'll give it a shot. Hopefully they are better than AT&T. With AT&T, they can't (or won't?) do anything manually. They just want to grab your IMEI again and let the computer provision it - which of course, I don't have a Key2LE whitelisted IMEI....
    11-06-19 09:37 AM
    I'll give it a shot. Hopefully they are better than AT&T. With AT&T, they can't (or won't?) do anything manually. They just want to grab your IMEI again and let the computer provision it - which of course, I don't have a Key2LE whitelisted IMEI....
    Sent you a PM
    11-06-19 09:48 AM
    Interestingly while on the phone with VZW I noticed the Priv worked on SMS, just not the Key2. Swapped SIMs. Now they both work.
    11-06-19 11:45 AM
    You should be able to resolve on the phone. A simple way is to let the tech know you are getting a KEY 2 LE or BLU VIVO XI+ or some other CDMA-less required device and you want the feature added. It should be that simple.

They don't actually need an IMEI to add the feature. I never provided one for my personal or business lines. They can do a lookup of the phone make and then confirm that it requires CDMA-less. Don't try to convince them to add it for a KEY 2 as they very well may come back that it isn't supported (even though you know it will work). As long as you give them a supported model they should add it with no issue.
    That sounds interesting, though I'm not sure how that would play out. The very first thing any tech in tech support at Verizon asked me is my IMEI number. Failing to share it will very likely be an instant roadblock in the call. Maybe they'll set it up as a Key2 LE after you tell them it's really a Key2 but I'd be surprised if a tech proceded without an IMEI being given to them. And in my case the tech was very advanced and very cooperative and tried to set it up as a Key2 LE or other device to get the feature and couldn't.

But I don't want to talk anyone out of trying your approach because it could be the best way to go.
    11-06-19 01:42 PM
    My Red Key2 does work on Verizon with minor hiccups that are not deal breakers for me. I do have CDMA less active on my account for quite some time as I constantly switch between phones. I just switch Sim to new phone and go. The phones sold in Verizon stores are a bore. The two issues I have are 1. VVM does not work 2. Using Textra or native messaging client RECEIVING MMS video DOES NOT work. It will split the file into a JPG and QCP file. Sending MMS works fine. I've had this issue on another phone as well. I use Whatsapp for media and messaging anyways so it really wasn't a problem. SMS sending/receiving DOES work with Textra or other messaging apps. These have just been my experiences with the Red KEY2 on Verizon other than those 2 issues it works fine.
    11-07-19 09:24 AM
    I'm going to try this on my red key2 BBF100-6 , I was wondering if it has the right bands for vzw. So thanks for letting us know that it works.

Here's the thing, I'm coming from tmobile. So I will have to create a new Verizon account and get them to put the cdma-less provision on it. The in-store guy said only calling customer/tech support can do it. Do I just call and create the account like normal new customer? Using key2 as the first device or do I tell them I'm activating my s8 (is that cdma-less? It is att but unlocked so I think yes). I guess I'll need a vzw SIM either mailed or picked up in store. The in store guy said something about black Sims from mobile "fix-it" shops...what's the best order to do this in? Since I don't have a vzw account yet
    11-10-19 04:19 PM
    I'm going to try this on my red key2 BBF100-6 , I was wondering if it has the right bands for vzw. So thanks for letting us know that it works.

Here's the thing, I'm coming from tmobile. So I will have to create a new Verizon account and get them to put the cdma-less provision on it. The in-store guy said only calling customer/tech support can do it. Do I just call and create the account like normal new customer? Using key2 as the first device or do I tell them I'm activating my s8 (is that cdma-less? It is att but unlocked so I think yes). I guess I'll need a vzw SIM either mailed or picked up in store. The in store guy said something about black Sims from mobile "fix-it" shops...what's the best order to do this in? Since I don't have a vzw account yet
    You need to do your research. The BBF100-6 is not the U.S. model and does not have the right bands for Verizon. And the only reliable way to get a BBF100-2 to work on Verizon is to activate a Key2 LE, get it fully working, and then put that SIM in the BBF100-2.
    11-10-19 06:42 PM
    Right, I am aware that BBF100-6 is non-US , that's why I am asking in this forum, as part of my research. @SupraStew which version of the red key2 did you get working on verizon?
    11-10-19 06:49 PM
    I just compared the frequency bands of LTE that BBF100-6 supports and the bands the US tmobile vs US verizon use and there seems to be no problem on supporting the right bands. Even though it's an APAC phone, it still supports all of the US LTE bands it seems. shouldn't be an issue...can anyone confirm?
    11-10-19 07:01 PM
    to further expand on the subject, even though the freq band support is there, meaning it will work, since not ALL of the carrier's frequencies are supported, it could lead to a less-reliable signal, which I have experienced (but can't confirm if it's my phone or just due to areas with low signal), and that would be the case for both tmobile and verizon. Correct? for example, my bbf100-6 does not support LTE Band 71 which is used by Tmobile, if it did, I would (possible) get a better signal. right?
    11-10-19 07:05 PM
    And the only reliable way to get a BBF100-2 to work on Verizon is to activate a Key2 LE, get it fully working, and then put that SIM in the BBF100-2.
    Sorry but that's just not true. There's way too much confusion on this topic because of statements like this.

The only way to fully activate a 100-2 KEY2 on VZW is to have CDMA-less added to your line. A KEY 2 LE is in no way required. You could use an LE, you could just get Verizon to add the feature, or you could use any other CDMA-less device. It CAN be done with a simple phone call to tech support if you get a friendly rep.

My advice is to not mention KEY2 as it is not officially supported and could be a roadblock.
    emaniloff likes this.
    11-10-19 08:20 PM
    I have model BBF100-2. I purchased from Best buy and had a OnePlus device before switching back to BlackBerry.
    11-11-19 01:44 AM
    As of the typing of this entry my Key2 is not working properly on Verizon! Most of it works, but a few things have not been working.

Calls I make from Contacts only show the number, not the name, when on the call and later in Recents and History. And to change that, BlackBerry tech support made something clear to me: if I edit the number by adding +1 at the front and save the contact, then try to call, it shows the name. Sure enough, it worked. The tech explained it's because I need to deactivate Assisted Dialing (helps with internaitonal calls, which I don't need).

And when I go into Phone > Settings > Calls > Additional settings it gives me an error saying network or SIM card error -- cannot load additional settings (which is where Caller ID and other things like Assisted Dialing are on my Samsung phone).

That's about it, really, though tier-2 tech support at Verizon has been telling me to expect a few other minor issues as well.

The form was submitted a week ago to add my IMEI/device to the DMD (Device Management Database), which they now all tell me is essential for things to work properly even if you activated the SIM on another device that's CDMA-less (which I did), and even then once it's added to the DMD, if it even is, they aren't assuring me everyting will work properly.

(I find myself wondering if activating the SIM in a Key2 LE would bridge the gap. If my device/IMEI isn't added to the DMD in the next day or two, I'm considering buying one on BestBuy to try it, which I'll then have to return -- and I'll have to absorb the costs of rush shipping and the BestBuy restocking fee on returned cellphones.)
    11-11-19 06:46 AM
    The Key2 wasn’t certified so it won’t do everything the same way VZW branded LE or factory unlocked VZW certified LE will.

Keep in mind that if you want close as possible to perfection, buy the VZW branded from VZW as it’s not exact same as the other.
    11-11-19 06:55 AM
    The Key2 wasn’t certified so it won’t do everything the same way VZW branded LE or factory unlocked VZW certified LE will.

Keep in mind that if you want close as possible to perfection, buy the VZW branded from VZW as it’s not exact same as the other.
    But I have two challenges with that. One, I don't have a business account and that seems to be the only way to buy the Key2 LE from Verizon; and two, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of having a PKB BlackBerry phone that has no toolbelt, no trackpad, and now, alas, not even a capacitive keyboard to at least somewhat act as a trackpad for text selection.
    11-11-19 06:58 AM
    After using the KeyONE since the day it came out, I'd be double-tapping that keyboard on the Key2 LE and trying to swipe for cursor position out of habit and I'd end up as frustrated as I'll be during the initial phase of getting accustomed to typing on a virtual keyboard on a Samsung phone, and I feel that if I lose that cursor control I may as well go to the Samsung and get used to typing on glass once and for all. It's a very tough choice. I just want my PKB keyboard with cursor control. I already spent a year in mourning over losing the trackpad when they went to Android.
    11-11-19 07:03 AM
    But I have two challenges with that. One, I don't have a business account and that seems to be the only way to buy the Key2 LE from Verizon; and two, I'm having a really hard time wrapping my mind around the idea of having a PKB BlackBerry phone that has no toolbelt, no trackpad, and now, alas, not even a capacitive keyboard to at least somewhat act as a trackpad for text selection.
    I’ve been with AT&T Mobile as my primary carrier since the early 90s as McCaw branded. I’ve always felt the service and coverage more important than device itself. For all the enhanced calling features to be supported, I moved to iPhone XR since it was BOGO free. At the end of the day, the PKB is just one facet of device as is the VKB to my usage. If coverage is poor without the WFC feature, how productive can email, texts and calls be if not going through with zero bars.
    11-11-19 07:45 AM
    I’ve been with AT&T Mobile as my primary carrier since the early 90s as McCaw branded. I’ve always felt the service and coverage more important than device itself. For all the enhanced calling features to be supported, I moved to iPhone XR since it was BOGO free. At the end of the day, the PKB is just one facet of device as is the VKB to my usage. If coverage is poor without the WFC feature, how productive can email, texts and calls be if not going through with zero bars.
    So, in my case, since I've been with VZW forever and am happy enough with them (never tried ATT and have no idea how tech support or coverage would be where I live and work), and since there are advantages to a Samsung phone, you'd suggest I just make the switch to a VKB and move on? I'll get used to it soon enough? And, in fact, well, you're with ATT and therefore the Key2 is an option for you, but you still opt for a VKB device anyway, all things considered. So, I really should move on to a Samsung and stop losing any more time fighting this losing battle, shouldn't I?
    11-11-19 08:11 AM
    I say Samsung and not iPhone simply because I have a Samsung S9 sitting here, active on my "secodary" line as a backup. Always have. I've rarely used it but always keep a second line active for when I need it. I can simply move my main number to the Samsung and turn my aging KeyONE into the secondary phone for the time being, without any further expense or loss of time. Others do recommend iPhone -- maybe I'll look at that next.
    11-11-19 08:14 AM
    So, in my case, since I've been with VZW forever and am happy enough with them (never tried ATT and have no idea how tech support or coverage would be where I live and work), and since there are advantages to a Samsung phone, you'd suggest I just make the switch to a VKB and move on? I'll get used to it soon enough? And, in fact, well, you're with ATT and therefore the Key2 is an option for you, but you still opt for a VKB device anyway, all things considered. So, I really should move on to a Samsung and stop losing any more time fighting this losing battle, shouldn't I?
    I say Samsung and not iPhone simply because I have a Samsung S9 sitting here, active on my "secodary" line as a backup. Always have. I've rarely used it but always keep a second line active for when I need it. I can simply move my main number to the Samsung and turn my aging KeyONE into the secondary phone for the time being, without any further expense or loss of time. Others do recommend iPhone -- maybe I'll look at that next.
    That’s how it went for me. If the other features matter then you have your own answer. PKB is nice but can’t always compensate for everything you are using mobile device for.
    11-11-19 08:27 AM
    Sorry but that's just not true. There's way too much confusion on this topic because of statements like this.

The only way to fully activate a 100-2 KEY2 on VZW is to have CDMA-less added to your line. A KEY 2 LE is in no way required. You could use an LE, you could just get Verizon to add the feature, or you could use any other CDMA-less device. It CAN be done with a simple phone call to tech support if you get a friendly rep.

My advice is to not mention KEY2 as it is not officially supported and could be a roadblock.
    Activating an LE and getting CDMAless added that way is the most reliable way. Most people who have tried contacting Verizon to add the feature or whitelist the IMEI have had problems.
    11-11-19 03:45 PM
    Activating an LE and getting CDMAless added that way is the most reliable way. Most people who have tried contacting Verizon to add the feature or whitelist the IMEI have had problems.
    Please clarify this if you can. I activated a SIM at the Verizon store in a VZW-certified CDMA-less Samsung A10e at the direction of a VZW tech support rep, which got "most" but not all working. I see BestBuy currently has "unlocked" LE's on sale. It will cost a bit to rush ship it and to pay the restock, but if it makes the Key2 work properly it will be worth it. Do you "guess" it may make the difference as compared to how I originally activated?

(Note that my KeyONE had all but WFC working and I never once missed WFC, so if that's all I'd miss with the Key2 I don't care.)

By the way, it's been six business days now since a VZW tech submitted the request to add my IMEI to the Device Management Database and so far there's been no status update at all (and the features/services that were not working are still not working).
    11-11-19 09:09 PM
    Please clarify this if you can. I activated a SIM at the Verizon store in a VZW-certified CDMA-less Samsung A10e at the direction of a VZW tech support rep, which got "most" but not all working. I see BestBuy currently has "unlocked" LE's on sale. It will cost a bit to rush ship it and to pay the restock, but if it makes the Key2 work properly it will be worth it. Do you "guess" it may make the difference as compared to how I originally activated?

(Note that my KeyONE had all but WFC working and I never once missed WFC, so if that's all I'd miss with the Key2 I don't care.)

By the way, it's been six business days now since a VZW tech submitted the request to add my IMEI to the Device Management Database and so far there's been no status update at all (and the features/services that were not working are still not working).
    The other thread has 1000+ posts on this and based on my reading, activating an LE works best. Why it does, I don't know - probably because the IMEI maps to a BlackBerry for both the Key2 and the LE. And if you read that thread, you'll see that most/all of the tier-2 tech requests to have the device added to the mystical DMD have failed. That's why I said activating an LE is the most reliable way.
    11-12-19 06:02 AM
    The other thread has 1000+ posts on this and based on my reading, activating an LE works best. Why it does, I don't know - probably because the IMEI maps to a BlackBerry for both the Key2 and the LE. And if you read that thread, you'll see that most/all of the tier-2 tech requests to have the device added to the mystical DMD have failed. That's why I said activating an LE is the most reliable way.
    I wonder how many LE's have been sacrificed to the activation of a KEY2...
    11-12-19 07:51 AM
    I believe @classact hits the same point that LE converters have accomplished in a similar manner. In @classact earlier posts as well as the others that submit DMD forms, it’s the additional features the DMD requests that seems to fail with everyone regardless of device. The IMEI on each Key2 identifies as such so you can only fool a system to a point. It’s not 2005 anymore. Some of these features aren’t to block Key2 (LOL) but to keep people from identity spoofing through hijacked SIM and other strategies to compromise individuals for identity theft purposes.
    11-12-19 09:24 AM
85 1234