Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    hi all, im getting sick and tired of blackberry keyboard always coming up with bb as blackberry when im typing bb.

i had repeatedly delete "bb" from the dictionary and after few hours it alwys came back.

i also manually added bb to be "bb" but still the "Blackberry" still being use when i type bb.

PS: bb is one of those product codes i always use.
    Attached Thumbnails How to Get Rid of BB  = BLACKBERRY in our keyboard?-229498.jpg  
    08-14-19 06:41 AM
    Pretty sure you can't as it's pre-loaded. Does it let you edit it instead of deleting it? Maybe it won't revert back if you just edit it.
    08-14-19 07:13 AM
    Pretty sure you can't as it's pre-loaded. Does it let you edit it instead of deleting it? Maybe it won't revert back if you just edit it.
    yes it allows me to edit but still revert back. this is a real disappointment, why hard code this kind of crap? if BlackBerry want to.. they can give a warning much like any other warnings they give from dtek, and allow user to choose if they want to revert or not.

yes this is not a security issue... but pls dont deprive user from deleting this annoying thing
    08-15-19 05:34 AM
    yes it allows me to edit but still revert back. this is a real disappointment, why hard code this kind of crap? if BlackBerry want to.. they can give a warning much like any other warnings they give from dtek, and allow user to choose if they want to revert or not.

yes this is not a security issue... but pls dont deprive user from deleting this annoying thing
    Instead of deleting this stupid thing, try to edit it so that "BB" inserts "BB" instead of "BlackBerry"
    08-15-19 10:24 AM
    Just an aside, it does allow you to remove " BlackBerry" in BB10 devices. I can't imagine that the Key series wouldn't behave similiarly....on bb10 [Settings][Language and Input] [Prediction and Correction][Word Substitution]
    Find the "bb" entry and just change the word "BlackBerry" to the word "bb"
    But this is not in the [Personal Dictionary]
    II don't have [Insert Top Prediction] turned on, instead I have [Fix mispelt words] on.
    ....maybe also turn on [Learn new words] equivalent.

Don't know if a "(corporate) managed device" can lock this feature down. To check, maybe change another shortcut, and see if this too reverts to the original suggestion. If so, maybe you have a managed device???. Then the problem becomes how to change it to a non-managed device, or remove that change restriction in a policy or some similiar solution. Feel free to correct me, if a managed device cannot lock down the ability to change this .
    08-15-19 11:26 AM
    Instead of deleting this stupid thing, try to edit it so that "BB" inserts "BB" instead of "BlackBerry"
    editing still no use, coz after few minutes it revert itself back to BLACKBERRY
    08-15-19 11:59 AM
    Just an aside, it does allow you to remove " BlackBerry" in BB10 devices. I can't imagine that the Key series wouldn't behave similiarly....on bb10 [Settings][Language and Input] [Prediction and Correction][Word Substitution]
    II don't have [Insert Top Prediction] turned on, instead I have [Fix mispelt words] on.

Don't know if a "(corporate) managed device" can lock this feature down. To check, maybe change another shortcut, and see if this too reverts to the original suggestion. If so, maybe you have a managed device???. Then the problem becomes how to change it to a non-managed device, or remove that change restriction in a policy or some similiar solution. Feel free to correct me, if a managed device cannot lock down the ability to change this .
    i dont think mine is a managed device.

it used to have sooooo many built-in shortcuts which I also can NOT delete, and I noticed it was because I use ENGLISH as the primary language.

After changing to non english language (Filipino) those lots of hardcode shortcuts are gone, only the naste "bb" remain.
    08-15-19 12:03 PM
    What was the point of this “feature”? Why would a customer need to type BlackBerry often??
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    08-15-19 12:07 PM
    i dont think mine is a managed device.

it used to have sooooo many built-in shortcuts which I also can NOT delete, and I noticed it was because I use ENGLISH as the primary language.

After changing to non english language (Filipino) those lots of hardcode shortcuts are gone, only the naste "bb" remain.
    (these specific instructions might apply to the key series, but they were tested on older Dtek/priv models, and probably on an older version of the BlackBerry Keyboard app - i didn't check..)
    Yeah but also look in:
    [language and input]...scroll down, don't select [Personal dictionary], but do select:[blackberry keyboard settings]
    [Prediction and correction]
    [word substitution]
    [for all languages]
    ....you'll probably find a bb entry there as well. Change this one too, and see if this changes things for you.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-15-19 12:49 PM
    What was the point of this “feature”? Why would a customer need to type BlackBerry often??
    Branding.

Same reason that Apple devices automatically correct capitalization of "iphone" and "ipad" to "iPhone" and "iPad."
    08-15-19 12:58 PM
    Branding.

Same reason that Apple devices automatically correct capitalization of "iphone" and "ipad" to "iPhone" and "iPad."
    Maybe Blackberry was concerned for your security and safety (like they always are)...and substituted bb, so you didn't accidentally shoot your eye out. Like no one ever lost an eye in a Blackberry pie eating contest have they? Seriously the suggestion above should solve your unique problem.
    08-15-19 01:03 PM
    Branding.

Yes, but that has no negative impact on the user.

Autocorrecting "bb" to "BlackBerry" seems ridiculous since I as a customer would hardly ever want to do that.

The probability that a normal user wants to type BlackBerry is far less than the probability that they want to type 'bb' for something that matter to them in their own business.
    Last edited by app_Developer; 08-15-19 at 01:30 PM.
    08-15-19 01:11 PM
    Yes, but that has no negative impact on the user.

Autocorrecting "bb" to "BlackBerry" seems ridiculous since I as a customer would hardly ever want to do that.

The probability that a normal user wants to type BlackBerry is far less than the probability that they want to type 'bb' for something that matter to them in their own business.
    Other than Blackberry not wanting you to accidentally shoot your eye out with a bb. It might have been specially inserted so users could interact with the Crackberry site much more conveniently than without.
    Now that everyone knows this they can put cb in their word substition for www.crackberry.com

It is easily changed/customized by the user to stop doing that, there are few if any other uses of the double bb, it should practically be an entry in a real dictionary by now for blackberry.
    08-15-19 02:09 PM
    editing still no use, coz after few minutes it revert itself back to BLACKBERRY
    What you could do is create a different shortcut like "dd" or something and have that autocorrect to "bb".
    Bandaid fix I know but should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-19 02:17 PM
    What you could do is create a different shortcut like "dd" or something and have that autocorrect to "bb".
    Bandaid fix I know but should do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I haven't heard if he tried the fix I suggested, but sure bandaided extra b, "bbb" to shortcut to bb would probably do as well.
    08-15-19 02:59 PM
    Branding.

branding for what?the fact that im holding a blackberry device using a blackberry keyboard means I am already a blackberry user. if they want, put that on nonblackberry device who uses blackberry keyboard as a 3rd party keyboard... and lets see if these users will be have to type bb and ends up as BlackBerry all the time.
    08-16-19 08:21 AM
    Yeah, I haven't heard if he tried the fix I suggested, but sure bandaided extra b, "bbb" to shortcut to bb would probably do as well.
    testing now, have to wait at least an hour later and see.
    08-16-19 08:27 AM
    branding for what?the fact that im holding a blackberry device using a blackberry keyboard means I am already a blackberry user. if they want, put that on nonblackberry device who uses blackberry keyboard as a 3rd party keyboard... and lets see if these users will be have to type bb and ends up as BlackBerry all the time.
    Who uses BB for anything other than BlackBerry? (someones nickname maybe?)....it's actually its stock symbol as well. I gave you a fix, did you even try it?
    Maybe you should consider bb as a kind of Easter Egg in the software.
    08-16-19 08:31 AM
    I just added it to word substitution and it has worked so far. It warns me there is one for bb already but I put it in and it worked. Unless it goes the way of the capitalization and reverts back on its own later.

Reg
    08-16-19 10:06 PM
    While reading these posts, I see why a BB = BlackBerry makes sense, as often as the word BlackBerry is mentioned here 😎
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    08-17-19 04:10 AM
    testing now, have to wait at least an hour later and see.
    I didnt touch/open the "personal dictionary" from the settings after your suggestion and a day past, it works! thanks.

ill open that setting and close (without changing else) and see if the bb "easter egg" would come aliveby itself.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    08-18-19 12:30 AM

It was done to drive sales back to BB10 hardware that has been located in some Waterloo rental storage units that held “sold” written off hardware. Chen forgot about it but the storage unit owner is listed as RIM Custodian for IRA FBO John Chen
    08-18-19 10:59 AM
    It was done to drive sales back to BB10 hardware that has been located in some Waterloo rental storage units that held “sold” written off hardware. Chen forgot about it but the storage unit owner is listed as RIM Custodian for IRA FBO John Chen
    Ah yes, I don't doubl that it might all be part of those mysterious advanced Financial treatments corporations go through to stay alive and keep the wolves at bay. Shouldn't BB10 by now be the title of the 10th installment of the Bourne series in a decade or so from now?
    Bourne (Again) Bourne 10
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 08-19-19 at 08:04 AM.
    08-19-19 07:42 AM