UPDATE: Battery life is a LOT better now! No more drain
    06-11-19 04:48 PM
    Thanks a lot! I not only disabled the Radio app, but most other stuff mentioned in the thread. Not sure about battery life yet, but everything is much, much more fluid now! The whole Android nterface, apps, everything! It's like a "you won't believe it 'till you see it" kinda thing.
    PSA - Don't forget to turn USB debugging back off
    06-11-19 08:59 PM
    PSA - Don't forget to turn USB debugging back off
    I hadn't forgotten to do that, but thanks for the reminder nonetheless
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-11-19 10:02 PM
    UPDATE: Battery life is a LOT better now! No more drain
    I havent notice any improvement on battery life, but for the "fluid".. I thought its just my psychological impression, but since you've done the same... I guess we both are "happier" user now... until the side-effects of disabling those apps starts to hunt us
    Vistaus likes this.
    06-12-19 08:43 AM
    after 2 days, it seems my batt drains faster when using the phone. at idle, seems ok. will do some more test.

for one, playing a 30min clash royale drains my batt by 10%, but the battery log shows only a usage of 1% for game.
    06-13-19 09:50 PM
    for one, playing a 30min clash royale drains my batt by 10%, but the battery log shows only a usage of 1% for game.
    Attached Thumbnails How to disable RADIO app?-202120.jpg  
    06-13-19 09:54 PM
    after 2 days, it seems my batt drains faster when using the phone. at idle, seems ok. will do some more test.

What apps did you try disabling?

If you choose "show full device usage" in the battery settings, it will change the percentages as a result of including the OS, idle and Screen battery usage.

So compared to those, the Clash Royale may very well be only 1%. But if you remove those from the chart, then it will likely be a higher percentage.
    06-16-19 01:05 PM
    What apps did you try disabling?

If you choose "show full device usage" in the battery settings, it will change the percentages as a result of including the OS, idle and Screen battery usage.

So compared to those, the Clash Royale may very well be only 1%. But if you remove those from the chart, then it will likely be a higher percentage.
    disabled the radio app and the rest of the "telemetry" app listed in the xda link forum.

thanks for the info about "real battery" usage. it would have been better if the list shows usage in terms of mah rather than in percentage
    06-18-19 02:04 AM
33 12