Hello, everyone!

When I had a KeyOne Black Edition 7 months ago, I was so happy with the device until I began to appreciate the improved keyboard on the Key2. So, when I had a chance to trade it with the Key2, I did it in a heartbeat.

Now that I am using the Key2, I miss my KeyOne; I am having problems with the spacebar, which I never had on the KeyOne: aside from the problem of having to long press the spacebar to get it to work while typing long docs, it sometimes does not recognize my fingerprints--I love everything about the key2 except for the spacebar.

Then could you please explain me how the compressed air method works? Maybe this can solve the problem.
    Last edited by Lionel Passport; 08-23-19 at 01:05 PM.
    08-23-19 11:47 AM
    Then could you please explain me how the compress-air method works? Maybe this can solve the problem.
    1) Get a can of compressed air.
    2) Stick the plastic tip under your space bar
    3) Give it a couple of short bursts of air while keeping a finger on the spacebar so you don't cause the key to go flying across the room from the pressure
    08-23-19 12:00 PM
    Don't have a Key2, but there must be room enough for stuff, whatever may comprise said stuff, to get underneath the spacebar. Is this accurate?
    08-23-19 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the help. I will look for the can of compressed air online and give it a try.
    08-23-19 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the help. I will look for the can of compressed air online and give it a try.
    It's also a good idea to switch the phone off before using the compressed air and leave it off for a while, this is how I have used it on my K2.
    08-23-19 04:18 PM
    1) Get a can of compressed air.
    2) Stick the plastic tip under your space bar
    3) Give it a couple of short bursts of air while keeping a finger on the spacebar so you don't cause the key to go flying across the room from the pressure
    I mean, we know the KEY2 spacebar design isn't as good as the KEYone and LE, but I doubt the key is gonna go flying lol.

Air duster isn't that powerful
    08-23-19 04:21 PM
    I mean, we know the KEY2 spacebar design isn't as good as the KEYone and LE, but I doubt the key is gonna go flying lol.

Air duster isn't that powerful
    Just covering my behind,. Who knows what can happen lol
    08-23-19 04:27 PM
    Have done this a few times on my K2. Just don't over do it as there is moisture mixed in with compressed air. Just 2-3 medium squirts is plenty. Get the nozzle tip as close to the key opening as possible so that it circulates the air well. It does work short of a hardware issue. While you're at it, do the whole PKB. Good luck,

Posted with my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 08-23-19 at 09:27 PM.
    08-23-19 06:52 PM
    Just covering my behind,. Who knows what can happen lol
    So don't use my air compressor with pinhead nozzle pushing 100psi out tip?
    08-23-19 09:07 PM
    I just can't find a can of compressed air online. How about a paintbrush? Could it do the trick?
    08-24-19 03:56 AM
    I just can't find a can of compressed air online. How about a paintbrush? Could it do the trick?
    Keep looking. The idea of using compressed air is to get places that solid matter has difficulty getting to. Liquid and gas solve problem yet liquid is no good for devices. The compressed air is at pressure safe for most electronics.
    08-24-19 11:06 AM
    All you will do is potentially push more dirt and debris in there and make it worse. They sell compressed air cans everywhere. I think even Walmart carries them. Good luck.

Posted with my Passport
    08-24-19 11:42 AM
    I got mine on the bay.
    08-24-19 02:54 PM
    I will consider eBay though I am accustomed to buying things on Amazon.
    08-24-19 03:02 PM
    I will consider eBay though I am accustomed to buying things on Amazon.
    [ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]
    No shortage of them on Amazon
    Attached Thumbnails How Compress Air Method Works-13257.jpg  
    08-24-19 03:13 PM
    Another thing I'd like to know is if it is possible to spray paint the edges of this device. I found this 128 GB Key2 while it had developed some dents. I don't know whether the previous owner of the phone was just careless with it letting fall or these scratches were caused by the case that he was using the phone with.
    08-24-19 03:17 PM
    [ATTACH]null[/ATTACH]
    No shortage of them on Amazon
    I appreciate your help but I am not in the UK
    08-24-19 03:19 PM
    Another thing I'd like to know is if it is possible to spray paint the edges of this device. I found this 128 GB Key2 while it had developed some dents. I don't know whether the previous owner of the phone was just careless with it letting fall or these scratches were caused by the case that he was using the phone with.
    Nothing to do with being careless, we ALL drop them at some point. I use mine naked, so that's on me. As for paint, all you have to do is go to an arts and crafts store (because they can actually match the colour with expertise) and pickup the acrylic paint and just touch it up. Easy peazy!

Posted with my Passport
    08-24-19 03:27 PM
    I appreciate your help but I am not in the UK
    The USA or Canadian sites would have as well I suspect. Beyond that it gets tricky..
    08-24-19 03:51 PM
    Not sure what it is causing this problem; sometimes it seems to go away by itself.
    08-28-19 02:25 AM
    Have you tried the compressed air yet ?
    08-28-19 04:10 AM
    Not sure what it is causing this problem; sometimes it seems to go away by itself.
    dont use paint brush or any similar items, it will just create more problem if the dirt goes deeper than its current. soft brush could not push those dirt while hard ones couldnt even get into the small gap between the keys.

if you cant find compress air can (i also couldnt), go to where one inflate car tires, use that and spray through the small gaps. just as everyone else suggest, dont push too much air, small strong air is enough. yeah i know its tempting to spray through the whole keyboard for few seconds but its better to not fix whats not giving any problem.

oh.. as suggested by others, push on the left of the spacebar and spray from the right. then push the right and spray on the left.

done mine twice over the months and its perfect
    08-28-19 06:18 AM
    dont use paint brush or any similar items, it will just create more problem if the dirt goes deeper than its current. soft brush could not push those dirt while hard ones couldnt even get into the small gap between the keys.

if you cant find compress air can (i also couldnt), go to where one inflate car tires, use that and spray through the small gaps. just as everyone else suggest, dont push too much air, small strong air is enough. yeah i know its tempting to spray through the whole keyboard for few seconds but its better to not fix whats not giving any problem.

oh.. as suggested by others, push on the left of the spacebar and spray from the right. then push the right and spray on the left.

I've heard of pump up the volume but not pump up the blackberry lol. But I guess if it works why not.
    08-28-19 06:42 AM
    I am having a hard time finding a can of compressed air.
    08-28-19 10:49 AM

If this worked on yours, it can certainly work on my Key2 as well. I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.
    08-28-19 10:51 AM
33 12