Recently, my friends use black and white screen (grayscale screen) mode at their iphone or other Android phone to make their eyes be less tired.
    But i can't find any colour mode for grayscale at my KEY2 option-accessibility. While i have downloaded some apps for grayscale, it needs rooting, so don't want to use the apps.

Please let me know how can i change the colour. If there isn't any ways to change it, i will send an email to BB company.
    02-23-19 03:07 AM
    For the icons you can use a launcher (nova for instance) and a black and white icon set. But haven't seen a full grayscale in the Oreo build yet.
    02-23-19 08:49 AM
    we should get this in the summer with Android P
    02-23-19 01:08 PM
    You work for BlackBerry? I mean: how else would you know that Pie is coming to us this summer? As far as we know, it could land any time between now and 2022.
    02-23-19 04:57 PM
    It's a guess based on how long it took them to upgrade Keyone Nougat to Oreo. Feel free to be as pessimistic as you like.
    02-23-19 06:06 PM
    Recently, my friends use black and white screen (grayscale screen) mode at their iphone or other Android phone to make their eyes be less tired.
    But i can't find any colour mode for grayscale at my KEY2 option-accessibility. While i have downloaded some apps for grayscale, it needs rooting, so don't want to use the apps.

Please let me know how can i change the colour. If there isn't any ways to change it, i will send an email to BB company.
    If it's the black and wite feature of Android Pie you're referring to then it's in something called the wind down feature which was actually created to discourage you to use your phone too much at the end of the day (or so I have been told)

In Android Pie the brightness is more adaptive to your personal needs since it doesn't just look to the environment (bright/dark) but learns when you increase or decrease your brightness.
    02-24-19 06:29 AM

I know this is an old thread but in Android Developer Options there is "Simulate color space". Set that to Monochromacy to have an always on b+w mode.
    08-02-19 10:25 PM
    Summer is here. Just sayin'.
    08-02-19 11:26 PM
    I know this is an old thread but in Android Developer Options there is "Simulate color space". Set that to Monochromacy to have an always on b+w mode.
    That's right! Some apps can do it as well but they require ADB.
    08-02-19 11:28 PM
    Summer is here. Just sayin'.
    Not if you live in Oz ;-)
    08-03-19 03:25 AM
    Not if you live in Oz ;-)
    And the narrative changes yet again....
    08-03-19 11:33 AM