Hello,

I recently discovered....by accident that split screen is possible on this device.

How to enable it?

Is it possible to have free-youtube on one half, and Google maps navigation on the other have?

I use YouTube to play music while driving, and rely on maps navigation for directions.

Tia!
    08-13-20 11:22 AM
    Probably not a good idea - half the screen would be impractical for maps not to mention distracting and possibly getting you into trouble for having a video on in the background while driving.

I've been using vanced for a youtube client which can play music in the background or even with the screen off (not a play store app though). I believe that feature also available for the Premium youtube app.
    08-13-20 05:23 PM
    Hello,

I recently discovered....by accident that split screen is possible on this device.

How to enable it?

Is it possible to have free-youtube on one half, and Google maps navigation on the other have?

I use YouTube to play music while driving, and rely on maps navigation for directions.

Tia!
    Yes it works split screen works perfectly.

Example...YouTube at top playing a video and below Maps also working. Or vice versa.

You can drag up for example so Google maps is larger window and You Tube smaller window while it plays music.
    Last edited by Rico4you; 08-13-20 at 06:26 PM.
    08-13-20 05:40 PM
    Hello,

How to enable it?

Tia!
    Use an app like New Pipe to play music in the background, or use the browser in desktop mode.
    08-13-20 06:02 PM
    Use an app like New Pipe to play music in the background, or use the browser in desktop mode.
    New Pipe is full of very long ads. Basically unusable.
    08-13-20 06:29 PM
    New Pipe is full of very long ads. Basically unusable.
    No it isn't, it's actually one of its main purposes - to mitigate ads.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    08-13-20 07:44 PM
    To use split screen, tap the square icon so you see your list of running apps. Long press the tile with the app you want, and drag it up to the top of the screen. It will take up half the screen. Then, select the second app you want to run.
    Rico4you likes this.
    08-14-20 06:30 PM
    You can run YouTube in the background in desktop mode.
    08-14-20 07:16 PM
    To use split screen, tap the square icon so you see your list of running apps. Long press the tile with the app you want, and drag it up to the top of the screen. It will take up half the screen. Then, select the second app you want to run.
    You can also long press the recents button from within an app...
    08-14-20 10:25 PM
    Used horizontal SS today for bank bill payment and has advantage of scroll to off screen entry and purs up numeric keypad for data dialogs...
    08-15-20 01:28 PM