i noticed lately that after a while of usage, screen off, sleep, etc. the very first long press on any icon from the home screen doesnt give any feedback or reaction until i untouch it. 2nd try works as normal.

are everybody else experiencing similar issue?
    06-29-19 10:22 AM
    I'm facing the same issue. It's only on the BlackBerry launcher though. Started happening after I installed the April 2019 security update.
    06-29-19 12:04 PM
    Yep. If you try and drag an icon it will drag, but you won't see its placement until after you release.
    Last edited by gloommerchant; 06-29-19 at 12:54 PM.
    06-29-19 12:10 PM
    this seems to be a bug and seems nobody reporting it
    06-29-19 12:31 PM
    this seems to be a bug and seems nobody reporting it
    Got bigger fish to fry.
    06-29-19 12:55 PM
    @BB_RobertL perhaps this can be fixed with the new launcher soon?
    06-29-19 02:51 PM
    @BB_RobertL perhaps this can be fixed with the new launcher soon?
    anybody here under beta user?? maybe they can test beta and report issues
    06-29-19 08:49 PM
    anybody here under beta user?? maybe they can test beta and report issues
    I am....don't get me started, so far its proven to be a complete waste of time:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-launcher-improvement-suggestions-1109000/
    06-29-19 08:51 PM
    for whatever reason, the first long press problem is gone since the past few days. I tried in different long interval and icon always reacted the way it should.

my only complain is that when trying to move an icon to a folder, the destination folder seems to shy away and move futher away or swap with the source icon
    07-10-19 10:38 AM
    my only complain is that when trying to move an icon to a folder, the destination folder seems to shy away and move futher away or swap with the source icon
    Yup, I am all too familiar with this issue but until @BB_RobertL gives us something regarding their new launcher development we'll have to continue enduring or use other products...

Literally more than a year in the making....an Android launcher...
    07-10-19 11:05 AM
    Been a year since the last post but I too, have the lack of initial response to an icon long-press on my Key2 - except that rather than it working on the 2nd attempt, it's not till the 3rd try that it properly responds, & sometimes not till the 4th. Worse, this is the 3RD KEY2 with the same issue. Fortunately I bought them from Amazon, so returns weren't difficult but I certainly did not anticipate receiving 3 problem handsets. Like someone else commented, dragging an icon when using another launcher like Nova is not a problem. And so I guess it's a software bug. The Sept 2020 patch ACS702 was available for download when I powered up this 3rd unit in early Oct 2020 and I hoped to find it resolved the issue but nope. If this wasn't a Blackberry and was any other slab of glass, there'd be zero chance I'd consider rolling the dice a FOURTH time. And actually, if the Key2's price hadn't suddenly gone back up to $500+ from the $405 I paid, I'd be inclined to try maybe a Unihertz Titan, but it was only for abt a month sellers had the Key2 in the $400 range - it jumped back up to the $500's-600's again as of late Oct 2020.
    With the 5G Blackberry not due till well into 2021, and having read mixed reviews of the FxTec Pro, and that their site says PreOrders...again?...I contributed to the Planet Computers Astro Slide 5G IndieGogo campaign. Hopefully 2021 will, in fact, bring w/ it promising choices for the BlackBerry/Keyboard handset enthusiast...
    10-23-20 09:39 PM
    Been a year since the last post but I too, have the lack of initial response to an icon long-press on my Key2 - except that rather than it working on the 2nd attempt, it's not till the 3rd try that it properly responds, & sometimes not till the 4th. Worse, this is the 3RD KEY2 with the same issue. Fortunately I bought them from Amazon, so returns weren't difficult but I certainly did not anticipate receiving 3 problem handsets. Like someone else commented, dragging an icon when using another launcher like Nova is not a problem. And so I guess it's a software bug. The Sept 2020 patch ACS702 was available for download when I powered up this 3rd unit in early Oct 2020 and I hoped to find it resolved the issue but nope. If this wasn't a Blackberry and was any other slab of glass, there'd be zero chance I'd consider rolling the dice a FOURTH time. And actually, if the Key2's price hadn't suddenly gone back up to $500+ from the $405 I paid, I'd be inclined to try maybe a Unihertz Titan, but it was only for abt a month sellers had the Key2 in the $400 range - it jumped back up to the $500's-600's again as of late Oct 2020.
    With the 5G Blackberry not due till well into 2021, and having read mixed reviews of the FxTec Pro, and that their site says PreOrders...again?...I contributed to the Planet Computers Astro Slide 5G IndieGogo campaign. Hopefully 2021 will, in fact, bring w/ it promising choices for the BlackBerry/Keyboard handset enthusiast...
    It's definitely a bug within the launcher, so replacing the device won't help at all unless you use a different launcher. I've never had any real problems moving icons either - just need to hold for an additional second or two before starting to move.
    10-24-20 07:03 AM