I have had my key 2 since pre-order and I love it. I am on ABT974. Last week for no apparent reason, any time the phone connects via Bluetooth (car, headphones, etc), it freezes and reboots. Any thoughts?
    05-04-19 08:55 AM
    I am not experiencing this at all maybe an app causing your issue? Did you install any new apps lately?
    05-04-19 09:18 AM
    no, that is why it is puzzling
    05-04-19 09:21 AM
    no, that is why it is puzzling
    Hmmmm, if you're not shy of doing some slightly more technical steps you could try loading/reloading an older/current Bluetooth driver. It's not too difficult, just requires some time.
    05-05-19 05:22 PM
    I have had my key 2 since pre-order and I love it. I am on ABT974. Last week for no apparent reason, any time the phone connects via Bluetooth (car, headphones, etc), it freezes and reboots. Any thoughts?
    Hate to suggest it, but have you tried purging all your pairings, then re-pairing the devices? Possible to just 'forget' the offender, but cant hurt to be complete
    Jonneh likes this.
    05-05-19 07:53 PM
    If the suggestion of purging the list of connected Bluetooth devices doesn't work, then as a last resort, you could try a factory reset on the phone. Otherwise, wait & see if some OS update happens to fix it, or swap it out/return it? Hmm
    05-06-19 05:29 AM
    Where would I find a standalone and appropriate Bluetooth driver?
    05-06-19 09:47 AM
    Where would I find a standalone and appropriate Bluetooth driver?
    You can get these from the autoloaders that are posted on these forums. They'll be in the zip file (or whatever packed format they are in) and are in the "img" folder listed as BTFM.bin you can just load that using the lines from the script file that is included in those autoloaders. The drivers can be loaded without changing everything else too (meaning you don't have to deal with slots, yay!).

You have to be in fastboot mode to access it and then just replace or set your variables as follows. With the line below actually doing the write.

BIN = .\host\windows-x86\bin
    IMG = .\img
    FASTBOOT = fastboot.exe

%BIN%\%FASTBOOT% flash bluetooth %IMG%\BTFM.bin
    05-06-19 12:22 PM
    This happened to me a few times, but literally only a *few* times, in the past couple of months.
    05-06-19 12:27 PM
    It's happening to me daily at least 3-4 times a day. Called support (Tried troubleshooting) and this issue continues to happen, so I'm waiting to hear back from them.
    05-15-19 08:58 AM