My Key2 suddenly went black, with only a solid green light showing. I have tried repeatedly to hold the power reset button, but nothing happens (except an occasional short red light, before returning to green). Phone is fully charged.

Any suggestions?
    11-15-19 01:27 AM
    Run it down to zero charge and start from there.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-15-19 09:04 AM
    autoloader!
    11-15-19 09:08 AM
    Run it down to zero charge and start from there.

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    Zero battery charge, but now it will not boot up when plugged in. No lights, just a black screen.
    11-16-19 09:13 AM
    When you plug it into a computer does it connect?

Otherwise you can send it back to TCL / BlackBerry for a repair
    11-16-19 09:23 AM
    Try pressing and holding the power button till the phone turns on or give it a good 30+ seconds.

You could also try pressing and holding the power button and volume - buttons for fastboot mode.
    11-16-19 06:47 PM
    i might suggest the following:

remove backplate.
    unplug charging board.

Now mine is powering back on!
    The board is located under the loudspeaker bracket.
    11-23-19 09:22 AM
    I took it took a local repair shop, which diagnosed it as a motherboard failure. So, I have shipped it back to BlackBerry Mobile for an evaluation of whether it is worth repairing. This is very frustrating for a phone that is only 15 months old and out of warranty. Will report back.
    11-23-19 02:49 PM
    This is not unusual all devices have this issue just feel lucky I haven't experienced it. In the note 10 fourms the same thing happened to someone's three month old Note.
    11-23-19 07:50 PM
    Update: Just received my repaired Key2 from BlackBerry Mobile, which replaced the motherboard for $100. It took 4 weeks for the entire process (which is too long IMHO), but otherwise went smoothly and is not a bad deal for an out of warranty repair. Since I bought a new Key2 during the interim, I also now have a back up phone.
    the_boon likes this.
    Yesterday 12:24 PM
    Update: Just received my repaired Key2 from BlackBerry Mobile, which replaced the motherboard for $100. It took 4 weeks for the entire process (which is too long IMHO), but otherwise went smoothly and is not a bad deal for an out of warranty repair. Since I bought a new Key2 during the interim, I also now have a back up phone.
    $100 later, at least you have a fully functioning KEY2.

If I were you I may consider selling one of them and getting an LE as a backup, why have two of the same exact device?
    Yesterday 12:59 PM
    I took it took a local repair shop, which diagnosed it as a motherboard failure. So, I have shipped it back to BlackBerry Mobile for an evaluation of whether it is worth repairing. This is very frustrating for a phone that is only 15 months old and out of warranty. Will report back.
    Did you drop and damage your phone by any chance? Or is this happening all of sudden without any reason?

Classic is magic!
    Yesterday 01:16 PM
    It happened all of a sudden while I was using the phone, without being dropped or any physical damage to the phone.
    Yesterday 01:20 PM