BB Key2 - Connects to Pioneer 8400NEX built in wireless android auto. Connection is confirmed through bluetooth ,and can transmit audio to the car deck, make phones calls and even mirror the phone screen to the deck ... but can't get android auto to transfer from the phone screen to the deck display. I get a " connection failed " when I try to connect from the deck ... can't see the deck populate the " connected cars " option as well, as I would think it should show up there too ? Running Android 8.1 and android auto 3.6.583534 Pioneer Firmware: 9.18.41.729995
    10-05-18 11:36 PM
    Can you run Android Auto with a USB cable?
    10-05-18 11:54 PM
    I've got the NEX2300 and android auto is simply a disaster with this deck. I have to open waze or media player before I connect the usb for it to work properly. Constantly restarting the deck do regain connections. I had no problems with my note 8. im not sure if it's an update on the phone that ruined it or it just doesn't like the key2
    10-09-18 10:54 AM
    Android Auto is very much still in trials, as is why even Lexus doesn't include in their cars, however, when it does work, it's actually great! I use it in my Caddy ATS-V Que system, and now I wouldn't be without it. Note that it ONLY works via USB, not Bluetooth (yet). however, you can still connect phone and audio to transmit through Bluetooth, as that is a different connection method. The failure to connect will usually be on the deck or system's side, not the phone, however make sure the Android Auto screen pops up on your phone when you connect it via USB. There's not much science to it, it either works or doesn't. I suggest you contact Pioneer tech support ASAP
    10-09-18 02:52 PM
    having that checked right away too, but no, when I connect its says that I must use USB 2 for Android Auto and the USB extension from the back of the deck is connected to USB 1 ... going to get that swapped and re-test
    10-10-18 12:15 AM
    ^damn I forgot about that. I got to check which frequency my cable is.
    10-10-18 04:35 PM
    Having to plug in a USB every time just seems like too much hassle for the features provided compared to a good infotainment system.
    10-11-18 10:05 PM
    Further update, after using an actual USB-C cable, that is compatible I can get android auto to work, via the cable, and works well ... wirelessly though, still nothing happening .... and now whatever my installer did to fix a few other things, he has killed the ability to make phone calls through bluetooth, the deck just drops the ability to make phone calls, but is still connected via bluetooth ... now I'm forced to make phone calls through AA, which is fine, but phone calls worked just fine before I got AA working via the USB. So now if I don't connect via the cable, I have no way to make a phone call through the deck. I've tried clearing the bluetooth memory and forgetting the deck on the Key2, then re- pair. They both re-pair and I can send audio through bluetooth or mirror the phone, but now the phone call ability is gone, and in my blue tooth devices where the deck is listed, it shows connected and says ( No Phone ) under the deck name
    11-04-18 06:03 PM
    Wireless AA is still very new, and even wired connections are buggy. Sounds like your phone is connected as media only for some reason.
    11-08-18 03:11 PM