Hi, the screen settings, brightness, adaptive brightness and night mode are driving me nuts. I have adaptive brightness on but the screen gets super dim in evening lighting. Even if I adjust the slider it seems to "reset" itself and get dim again. Would appreciate how others are setting these features. I find the key two optimal brightness is about 60 percent. Thanks.
    07-15-18 10:29 AM
    I find adaptive brightness is not great on most phones, I tend to like it on Samsung, but that's about it. I am glad BlackBerry at least lets you move the slider when in adaptive, something LG used to not allow.

To your original question, I try to leave it on, then I find it too dim and I end up turning it off. I try to remember to turn it on in the evening though so I dont wake up and blind myself
    07-15-18 10:36 AM
    Agree Samsung and iPhone have this feature nailed. Problem with the key 2 is it seems to adjust too far low in low lighting. Seems to work fine in regular lighting. I'll continue to experiment
    07-15-18 10:53 AM
    I think the way it works best is to turn on the adaptive brightness when you’re outside in bright light and turn it off when you’re inside or in dim light. I keep my manual brightness set at around 40%, which I find about right inside, but too low for bright light. When I’m outside I switch the adaptive brightness on and off to see which is best. You also have to be aware of if the bright sunlight is hitting the phone directly.
    07-15-18 11:30 AM
    Adaptive brightness works fine for me, the frustrating thing is night mode slams the brightness to minimum when the scheduled or sunset time kicks in. (or maybe it drops the brightness some significant percentage; I run my K2 around 15-20% brightness with adaptive enabled)

It would be better if night mode either left the brightness alone and simply warmed up the colour temperature, in my opinion - let adaptive take care of lower light levels at night.

Speaking of colour temperature settings, did the non-night mode temperature setting go away? I can't find it anywhere, and I prefer to run my phones on the warmer display side.

-Scott
    07-15-18 05:18 PM
    Adaptive brightness works fine for me, the frustrating thing is night mode slams the brightness to minimum when the scheduled or sunset time kicks in. (or maybe it drops the brightness some significant percentage; I run my K2 around 15-20% brightness with adaptive enabled)
    This may be my issue. Night mode plus adaptive brightness.

It would be better if night mode either left the brightness alone and simply warmed up the colour temperature, in my opinion - let adaptive take care of lower light levels at night.

Speaking of colour temperature settings, did the non-night mode temperature setting go away? I can't find it anywhere, and I prefer to run my phones on the warmer display side.

-Scott
    I'm going to try turning off night mode. That is part of the problem.
    Last edited by clerk; 07-15-18 at 06:43 PM.
    07-15-18 06:27 PM
    Hi, the screen settings, brightness, adaptive brightness and night mode are driving me nuts. I have adaptive brightness on but the screen gets super dim in evening lighting. Even if I adjust the slider it seems to "reset" itself and get dim again. Would appreciate how others are setting these features. I find the key two optimal brightness is about 60 percent. Thanks.
    This is definitely a bug. Brightness defaults to 0 when Night Mode activates. Colours for night mode are also completely off. TCL / BlackBerry need to fix this!
    07-15-18 10:01 PM
    This is definitely a bug. Brightness defaults to 0 when Night Mode activates. Colours for night mode are also completely off. TCL / BlackBerry need to fix this!
    Glad I'm not crazy.
    07-15-18 10:50 PM
    Agreed. Night mode is so bad I disabled it. Also agree with another comment above that night modes perform poorly on a lot of phone (works decently on my Sony though), but KEY2 takes the cake! Hope they fix it and offer something better.
    07-16-18 01:25 AM