Gripes, the same thing just happened again, holster went upside down and phone fell out, this time billable onto metal steps. I didn't even notice it. I am in Mexico and luckily a fellow noticed and started whistling and waving at me otherwise I may have lost it. I bought this case from a Telus store for something like $25. Don't think I will use it anymore. No damage to phone.
    12-11-18 04:28 PM
    I have no case or screen protector, as i hate the way dust gets trapped around the edges etc and it makes the phone bulky. Not had a significant drop yet but i do make sure to keep the phone in a different pocket to coins/keys etc. Also i have phone insurance included with my bank account so if the worst happens i'm covered.

I found myself more likely to drop with a case on than not and the phone looks and feels much better, the back is nice and grippy and the sharper edges than the Keyone add to the grip too. I get quite a few comments about how smart it looks as well, i'm rocking a Key2 in silver.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-12-18 04:14 AM
    Even though I haven't (I have a case), I've REALLY considered driving it naked. For one, that's how I drove my Keyone (which did take a bad fall). Secondly, I type better using the device naked for some reason. I dunno...no case allows me to really feel the phone better. Last, driving it naked the phone just feels and looks amazing in the hand.

To each his/her own on weather to buy a case. While I have a great case, using this phone without it is a great experience (right now I do so only at home).
    12-13-18 12:16 AM
    All of my 4 millennial children have iPhones and every one of them have iPhones with broken screens. Their iPhones are in protective cases and have screen protectors.

Without a doubt one of the most fragile smartphones I have ever seen.

Bob
    Ya. I don't know why so many iPhone have broken screens. I see them everywhere!
    12-13-18 12:25 AM
    Because glass is glass I guess ?
    12-13-18 07:41 AM
    Because glass is glass I guess ?
    All new phones are basically all glass now and of course all screens are glass. Still, I don't see tons of broken screens on Samsung or LG's. But that's just my experience.
    12-13-18 11:39 AM
    The average life of an iPhone is much longer than any other devices. With lots of older devices still around, you’ll see much more broken glasses.

If someone break the glass of a 5 years old Android device, they will most likely get a new one.
    12-13-18 12:36 PM
    Yes. It slipped out of my hand the other day from the height of the bar table in my kitchen. No protection, no damage.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-13-18 03:17 PM
    Yes. It slipped out of my hand the other day from the height of the bar table in my kitchen. No protection, no damage.
    This give some confidence to go no case. But by my luck I'll drop it next day in the wild and get peeling or a cracked screen.
    Last edited by Byrese; Yesterday at 12:04 PM.
    12-13-18 09:09 PM
    I will only start to use a case when my key2 starts to look scruffy.

This phone is built like a tank.
    Byrese likes this.
    Yesterday 07:11 AM
    I dropped mine on a table and the body got dented
    Yesterday 08:11 PM
36 12