Did it survive ? How much damage was done to it ?
    Is it really worth ruining that magnificent looking back with a protection ?
    Honestly, one of the main features of this phone is how good its back looks, I feel it'd be a shame to cover it, even with a transparent case
    12-05-18 08:30 AM
    Did it survive ? How much damage was done to it ?
    Is it really worth ruining that magnificent looking back with a protection ?
    Honestly, one of the main features of this phone is how good its back looks, I feel it'd be a shame to cover it, even with a transparent case
    Be a shame to drop it, and have it marred....

Some have dropped it, with no damage... some have dropped it and shattered the screen. No two drops are the same.

It's really up to you, and do you want to risk it....
    Byrese likes this.
    12-05-18 09:23 AM
    I dropped mine once on the concrete deck of a pool. It left a small scratch on the screen but no visible damage to the body. I had the screen replaced and have added a nice tempered glass screen protector but still no case. No drops since but the body didn't even get knicked from a short 3ish foot fall onto concrete.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-05-18 09:24 AM
    If you really wanna keep your KEY2 caseless, then at least put on a tempered glass screen protector
    12-05-18 10:16 AM
    I dropped mine once on the concrete deck of a pool. It left a small scratch on the screen but no visible damage to the body. I had the screen replaced and have added a nice tempered glass screen protector but still no case. No drops since but the body didn't even get knicked from a short 3ish foot fall onto concrete.
    Where and how did you get it replaced?
    12-05-18 12:26 PM
    Dropped mine once. Barely hit the ground, cracked the corner of the screen. Supershieldz makes an excellent tempered glass screen protector. At the very least I recommend that if you wanna go caseless.
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    12-05-18 12:32 PM
    Three times until now. Like new. But it is key2 le, I think plastic absorbed impact so well...
    the_boon likes this.
    12-05-18 01:22 PM
    Three times until now. Like new. But it is key2 le, I think plastic absorbed impact so well...
    And this is why I think the LE is so awesome
    12-05-18 02:02 PM
    And this is why I think the LE is so awesome
    Yes! It remembers me to old Blackberrys... never worried about drops...
    12-05-18 02:07 PM
    Yes! It remembers me to old Blackberrys... never worried about drops...
    Or reception and no arm fatigue on long phone calls and typing sessions
    ElGorgon likes this.
    12-05-18 02:17 PM
    Yes, I had my brand new Black KEY2 launch from my hand from about 5 feet and hit the concrete floor in a Home Depot. If not for the OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case, and a Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector, I have not doubt my KEY2 would have suffered some serious damage.

I know that some love to use their smartphones without a protective case or a screen protector. But when their devices take a major hit and suffer a broken screen or damage to the case then don't post a whiny complaint here on CB. What would you expect from using your KEY2 naked in the wild.

Sh*t happens!!!

Bob
    12-05-18 04:34 PM
    Ever since smartphone materials shifted from all plastic light builds to heavy glass/metal, durability and especially drop resistance has gone way down
    12-05-18 04:40 PM
    All of my 4 millennial children have iPhones and every one of them have iPhones with broken screens. Their iPhones are in protective cases and have screen protectors.

Without a doubt one of the most fragile smartphones I have ever seen.

Bob
    Byrese likes this.
    12-05-18 04:45 PM
    I've dropped mine multiple times on concrete. I always put a hard case and tempered glass on them. I've shattered the tempered glass once now. The case is marred but no damage to the phone itself. Using Key2 right now. K1 is chilling until it's needed but may take an even further backburner if I do buy the KeyLE Slate.
    12-05-18 05:04 PM
    I keep mine (black) without a case or any protection at all most of the time. Exceptions are when I have it attached to my mount on my bike, or if I know I'll have it out in precarious situations. Then I have a clear skin I pop on it.

This thing is just too sexy without a case. (By contrast, I almost never took the case off of my KeyOne).

I've dropped my Key2 a few times without case. A couple real doozies, too. So far it still looks nearly perfect, with a couple of small dings if you examine it closely.

That said I consider myself lucky that I haven't cracked the screen from one of my drops yet. Will probably buy myself a tempered glass screen protector for Christmas.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-06-18 07:04 AM
    I've dropped mine multiple times on concrete. I always put a hard case and tempered glass on them. I've shattered the tempered glass once now. The case is marred but no damage to the phone itself. Using Key2 right now. K1 is chilling until it's needed but may take an even further backburner if I do buy the KeyLE Slate.
    Curious, why are you considering buying an LE in addition to your "full" (regular?) K2?
    12-06-18 07:06 AM
    Curious, why are you considering buying an LE in addition to your "full" (regular?) K2?
    Because Atomic, duh !
    Byrese likes this.
    12-06-18 07:08 AM
    I just did for the first time last night. Luckily, it caused no damage. I haven't gotten around to buying a tempered glass screen protector yet, but I am using the official soft shell case.
    Byrese likes this.
    12-06-18 07:22 AM
    I dropped twice but I have T-glass and a tough-guy case; hence, no damage. Yes the K2 looks darn good without the case but for me, this phone is the heart of my legal business so I can't mess around with vanity trying to look good, I must be productive. The phone is an investment for me, not an ornament.
    GoGoGoose, KitJackson67 and Byrese like this.
    12-06-18 09:02 AM
    I have had my Key2 for a few months now and handle it very carefully but today my vertical belt holster got turned upside down and the phone fell from waist level to cement. it hit at the bottom left corner and the only damage was chipped paint. A bit lucky that I put the phone in the holster upside down otherwise it would have hit a corner by the screen and I may have had more damage. Aways put it in upside down as the case is too tight for the keys at the bottom.
    12-06-18 04:07 PM
    Have you dropped your Key2 yet ? (on the ground I mean)-img_20181206_1843324-2.jpg

I dropped my LE two nights ago. I was sitting in my car (not a high car - Honda Civic) with it on my lap and forgot it was there when I stood up to get out. I heard it hit then found it laying face-down on the pavement. When I picked it up and looked, I thought it was just dirty or something. I was really shocked when I realized the glass was completely smashed. It only fell from a few feet and didn't make much sound when it hit.

I've never had a phone case or screen protector, and I've had phones suffer much worse falls than this but have never cracked a screen before. I guess it landed just right.

The screen still works, but the three buttons along the bottom sometimes don't work and other times act like they're being long-pressed when they're not being touched at all.

My new one arrived from Amazon today. I guess this is what I get for replying "I'd pay $1000 for one" to YouTube commenters who said the Key2 and LE were too expensive (i.e. I've now paid $480 x 2 for mine) lol

I wonder if those screen repair places will be able to fix it. I assume they won't be able to source a replacement screen, and probably won't know how to remove it either.
    12-06-18 06:13 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181206_1843324-2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	473.3 KB 
ID:	441661

I dropped my LE two nights ago. I was sitting in my car (not a high car - Honda Civic) with it on my lap and forgot it was there when I stood up to get out. I heard it hit then found it laying face-down on the pavement. When I picked it up and looked, I thought it was just dirty or something. I was really shocked when I realized the glass was completely smashed. It only fell from a few feet and didn't make much sound when it hit.

I've never had a phone case or screen protector, and I've had phones suffer much worse falls than this but have never cracked a screen before. I guess it landed just right.

The screen still works, but the three buttons along the bottom sometimes don't work and other times act like they're being long-pressed when they're not being touched at all.

My new one arrived from Amazon today. I guess this is what I get for replying "I'd pay $1000 for one" to YouTube commenters who said the Key2 and LE were too expensive (i.e. I've now paid $480 x 2 for mine) lol

I wonder if those screen repair places will be able to fix it. I assume they won't be able to source a replacement screen, and probably won't know how to remove it either.
    Damm that ducks man :/ well now you should definitely find a way to at least source the part (EBay?) because a cracked screen won't do much good
    12-06-18 06:48 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181206_1843324-2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	473.3 KB 
ID:	441661

Sorry to hear and see this... I won't comment on the obvious.

Bob
    12-06-18 07:29 PM
    Ive got the oem protector on and its survived MANY drops however duue to lack of tack on the kb ive decided NOT to install a screen protector. So far the gorilla screen seems to be holding up great. Previous had glass protector on and key 1/2 didnt play nice with glass protectors.
    12-07-18 09:28 AM
    I have the Supershieldz tempered glass screen protector on my KEY2 and I'm not experiencing any issues. I also have the OEM BlackBerry Soft Shell Case and my KEY2 has survived some inadvertent drops. One was fairly serious launching from around 5 feet and landing face down on a concrete floor. I was very pleased my KEY2 survived unscathed.

Bob
    Byrese and KitJackson67 like this.
    12-07-18 09:59 AM
42 12