Download of updates is pitifully slow.

All else is normal and e everything is fine otherwise...
    05-31-20 03:29 PM
    Download of updates is pitifully slow.

All else is normal and e everything is fine otherwise...
    They have. In response to COVID.

You can speed it up by cancelling "update all" and clicking on one app at a time.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-31-20 03:49 PM
    Amazing !! Was it announced or reported somewhere ??
    05-31-20 03:53 PM
    It's kind of obvious. With so many people using Netflix, YouTube, and other services in record bandwidth, things are being rationed.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-20 04:01 PM
    I haven't noticed any slow down.
    05-31-20 04:28 PM
    I haven't noticed any slow down.
    Neither have I.
    06-01-20 09:33 AM
    I can't find anything. Your question pops up over the years on the Google support forums from time to time. They suggest clearing the cache for the Play Store and turning off any battery optimization access to the Play Store.
    06-01-20 10:32 AM
    I can see streaming part of Google Play (Videos) getting throttled.... like many other streaming services.

But Apps are tiny, would have little impact on the Internets overall bandwidth.
    robnhl likes this.
    06-01-20 10:45 AM
    In the United Kingdom BT internet is February 4th as is TalkTalk and the other incumbents that rely on BTInternet and Openreach.
    06-01-20 01:57 PM
    I don't have complaints against download speeds, but good grief, for a few weeks now some deactivated Google apps just keep reactivating themselves every single day.

It happens with G Photos app on my Key2 LE and with Chrome on my Galaxy Tab S3.

I tried to prevent them from opening in the battery options to no avail. They just come back every day. I did some searching, a lot of people with the same problem and no real solution other then ditching Android all together.
    06-01-20 04:30 PM
    I don't have complaints against download speeds, but good grief, for a few weeks now some deactivated Google apps just keep reactivating themselves every single day.

It happens with G Photos app on my Key2 LE and with Chrome on my Galaxy Tab S3.

I tried to prevent them from opening in the battery options to no avail. They just come back every day. I did some searching, a lot of people with the same problem and no real solution other then ditching Android all together.
    You're correct if you're asking if the iOS platform is your other choice...
    06-01-20 04:34 PM
    Seems to be an issue with the Android System WebView update, at least that's what it appears to me causing problem w/apps re-enabling.

Have several devices from different OEMs from Huawei, LG, Motorola. If I update WebView both Chrome & Duo become enabled (have them disabled on all my devices), so resorted to not updating WebView and apps seem to stay disabled. Hopefully Google applies a fix soon as this has been an ongoing issue for past month.
    06-02-20 07:30 AM
    Seems to be an issue with the Android System WebView update, at least that's what it appears to me causing problem w/apps re-enabling.

Have several devices from different OEMs from Huawei, LG, Motorola. If I update WebView both Chrome & Duo become enabled (have them disabled on all my devices), so resorted to not updating WebView and apps seem to stay disabled. Hopefully Google applies a fix soon as this has been an ongoing issue for past month.
    I have not experienced this on my S9. I have several Google apps disabled such as Chrome, Gmail, Google VR Services, Android Auto, and the Google App itself.

Webview has had several recent updates, I've noticed, but nothing has re-enabled themselves.
    06-02-20 09:19 AM
    Going to try on my Pixel 2 XL as we're curious to see what happens there... Chrome and Duo are already enabled so need to disable.

Update...

Didn't occur on Pixel yet hadn't use long enough to be assured it wouldn't as doesn't happen right away. Did catch another one of my devices enabling Chrome and Duo, this after WebView obviously updated itself even though auto updates are turned off!
    Last edited by Elky64; 06-03-20 at 06:05 AM.
    06-02-20 05:29 PM
    I have not experienced this on my S9. I have several Google apps disabled such as Chrome, Gmail, Google VR Services, Android Auto, and the Google App itself.

Webview has had several recent updates, I've noticed, but nothing has re-enabled themselves.
    Same with my S9. Chrome and Duo are disabled and no issues with webview changing them.
    06-03-20 12:25 PM