So I can setup the key to launch Zello, but I was trying to set it up to start the Push To Talk on Zello. I tried within Zello, but it will only launch the settings to assign a task and/or other app without an option to use the button as a Push To Talk feature. If anyone has done it, let me know please!
    Munchkinguy likes this.
    12-16-18 06:29 PM
    Haven't done it, but MIGHT be able to do it with Button Remapper.
    12-17-18 10:24 AM
    So I can setup the key to launch Zello, but I was trying to set it up to start the Push To Talk on Zello. I tried within Zello, but it will only launch the settings to assign a task and/or other app without an option to use the button as a Push To Talk feature. If anyone has done it, let me know please!
    A while back the convenience key was made less convenient, and it stopped working in Zello.

I knocked up a crude app to "fix" it. It requires accessibility permissions to know when the key is pressed, then broadcasts the com.zello.ptt.down/up intent, so it doesn't need to be programmed as a PTT in Zello. It works better in a way, because you don't have to wake the device to use the key - you can use it with the display off still.

You're welcome to the source code to build it yourself in Android Studio, or I can upload the apk somewhere (but you might not trust it). If somebody else wants to make it configurable, for if/when they change the convenience key key code, that'd be good! But I don't know enough about writing android apps, so I didn't bother.
    04-08-19 05:14 AM