I read that as they are giving an update on BlackBerry devices. Not telling us when we will get OS updates. I think you're reaching a bit.
    01-07-19 09:35 AM
    True, however, as we have seen, what is implemented/enabled for others is no guarantee for us in true BlackBerry fashion. Just the way it is. Would I like gestures, sure! Could it be buggy for us, sure! Either way, we shall wait and see.
    But even if they don't give us gestures but do give us (the option for) the new recent apps screen, you can still add it yourself. I'm already using gestures through Fluid Navigation Gestures and disabled the nav buttons, so I could do the same on Pie and still enjoy the new recent apps screen.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-07-19 02:11 PM
    01-20-19 02:24 PM
    Gestures are useless for key phone. We need keyboard based shortcuts
    01-21-19 08:28 AM
    Gestures are useless for key phone. We need keyboard based shortcuts
    Uhhh speak for yourself. I like the Pie gesture to change apps.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-21-19 09:03 AM
    Uhhh speak for yourself. I like the Pie gesture to change apps.
    Gestures will be useful when we can use the screen next to our thumb to draw gesture but with key devices it will be the keyboard that will be easily reachable to our fingers. So we need to move our fingers above the level of keyboard. As we are loosing some time in the fingers motion, I feel gestures are not for key devices.

For any other android phones, gestures can be accessible at our finger tips. So, gestures will be more useful here.

For pkb devices, our fingers will be always near to pkb and keyboard shortcuts will be most useful here.

Hope you got my point.
    GoGoGoose likes this.
    01-21-19 09:34 AM
    We'll probably see PIE when a Key3 is finally offered.
    01-21-19 11:08 AM
    Gestures will be useful when we can use the screen next to our thumb to draw gesture but with key devices it will be the keyboard that will be easily reachable to our fingers. So we need to move our fingers above the level of keyboard. As we are loosing some time in the fingers motion, I feel gestures are not for key devices.

For any other android phones, gestures can be accessible at our finger tips. So, gestures will be more useful here.

For pkb devices, our fingers will be always near to pkb and keyboard shortcuts will be most useful here.

Hope you got my point.
    So that means BB10 was useless on the Passport and Classic and stuff as you needed to swipe up from above the keyboard as well? Not to me, at least! So I welcome the swipe gesture on the KEY2 as well, I'm already using gestures on it already.
    01-21-19 12:07 PM
    We'll probably see PIE when a Key3 is finally offered.
    Or never, given the fact that the January update seems to have removed Pie's square icons according to a fellow forum member...
    01-21-19 12:08 PM
    So that means BB10 was useless on the Passport and Classic and stuff as you needed to swipe up from above the keyboard as well? Not to me, at least! So I welcome the swipe gesture on the KEY2 as well, I'm already using gestures on it already.
    First of all I didn't say phone will be useless with gestures, but I said it will not be a much of use for pkb devices when compared to keyboard shortcuts

I think height of key2 with nav bar will be more than q10. Still, swipe up gesture is fine with pkb as our thumb generally rests around home button but remaining gestures will be difficult to trigger.

I
    01-21-19 01:17 PM
    First of all I didn't say phone will be useless with gestures, but I said it will not be a much of use for pkb devices when compared to keyboard shortcuts

I think height of key2 with nav bar will be more than q10. Still, swipe up gesture is fine with pkb as our thumb generally rests around home button but remaining gestures will be difficult to trigger.

I
    I would agree with you if this was a phone like the Classic or 9900 with their toolbelts, but I disagree with you regarding the KEY2
    01-21-19 04:20 PM
    But even if they don't give us gestures but do give us (the option for) the new recent apps screen, you can still add it yourself. I'm already using gestures through Fluid Navigation Gestures and disabled the nav buttons, so I could do the same on Pie and still enjoy the new recent apps screen.
    Disabled nav buttons with this command?

adb shell pm grant com.fb.fluid android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    01-22-19 11:17 AM
    Disabled nav buttons with this command?

adb shell pm grant com.fb.fluid android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    I do use Fluid N.G., but I did not use that command as that only works for software nav bars, while the KEY2 has a hardware nav bar. The only way to do it on the KEY2 is to install Button Remapper and set the actions of the nav bar keys to none.
    01-22-19 11:21 AM
    I do use Fluid N.G., but I did not use that command as that only works for software nav bars, while the KEY2 has a hardware nav bar. The only way to do it on the KEY2 is to install Button Remapper and set the actions of the nav bar keys to none.
    Thanks! I am curious: which gestures have you assigned to which edge? BB10 style?
    01-22-19 11:32 AM
    Thanks! I am curious: which gestures have you assigned to which edge? BB10 style?
    Yeah, BB10/webOS-style: Recent Apps along the entire bottom edge, except for the left corner (I set the left corner at the bottom to Back) and the left edge to Home. See screenshot:

01-22-19 12:05 PM
    How long before Oreo was launched did BlackBerry deploy the Beta version to select users?

Given no K3 was announced at MWC, I am wondering what is the estimated new time frame for this delivery.
    03-05-19 02:35 AM
    How long before Oreo was launched did BlackBerry deploy the Beta version to select users?

Given no K3 was announced at MWC, I am wondering what is the estimated new time frame for this delivery.
    Beta started July 2018 and terminated in October 2018. Official rollout started in August 2018 and outlasted the beta program at the very least.
    Vistaus likes this.
    03-05-19 08:18 AM

Yeah, a lot of people said they're going to do the same thing as they did with the KEYone. So that means we'll be getting Pie next year when the KEY3 is announced.
    03-05-19 12:18 PM
    Yeah, a lot of people said they're going to do the same thing as they did with the KEYone. So that means we'll be getting Pie next year when the KEY3 is announced.
    So we have at least another 6 - 8 month wait?
    03-05-19 12:22 PM
    So we have at least another 6 - 8 month wait?
    Most likely, yes.
    03-06-19 12:28 PM
    Most likely, yes.
    Correction: conite expect it this summer, so I stand corrected.
    03-06-19 03:17 PM
    Agreed! Summer would pacify the BlackBerry community until K3 launch, if it comes!
    03-06-19 08:14 PM
    Agreed! Summer would pacify the BlackBerry community until K3 launch, if it comes!
    Dunno if it would "pacify" the community. There will probably be some people demanding the Android Q beta during the summer lol
    03-07-19 12:17 PM
    I'm not sure about treble. I've been told that it's all about the bass. No treble.
    RK_BB, Munchkinguy and Vistaus like this.
    03-08-19 08:49 PM
    I just received update for BlackBerry Productivity Tab and info says it's for "Use BlackBerry Productivity Tab on devices running Android 9.0 or later"

So it can be sooner then summer..?
    03-08-19 09:27 PM
78 1234