They are just a bunch of lazy people at TCL.
    It's called ROI. If the business case was there, they'd do it in a heartbeat.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    11-08-18 11:02 AM
    Probably in 2020.
    11-09-18 07:56 AM
    Huh? It's software and obviously BlackBerry has people on staff that are already working on android to provide for their branded devices. Not sure adding gestures is going to make or break them.
    11-09-18 08:01 AM
    Huh? It's software and obviously BlackBerry has people on staff that are already working on android to provide for their branded devices. Not sure adding gestures is going to make or break them.
    They still have to decide what gets done and what doesn't. Scare resources demand a business case for each task.
    11-09-18 08:04 AM
    They still have to decide what gets done and what doesn't. Scare resources demand a business case for each task.
    While I generally agree that every business case must be looked at from ROI perspective I also learned over the years that going overboard with analyzing the cost of every pencil in your office end up costing more than the pencil...

I cannot speak to the complexity of supporting gestures in the next OS upgrade simply because I don't know what it takes in terms of resources but I only imagine it shouldn't be much of a trouble given it is part of the OS.
    11-09-18 10:15 AM
    But will we at least get the new webOS-style multitasking, even if they don't add gestures, even if only as an optional setting?
    11-09-18 12:11 PM
    The Trouble with Treble is that it sounds like a feature Blackberry already had with QNX long,long ago.. underpinning BB10, making BB11 theoretically easier to implement (or am I theoretically wrong?).
    https://www.techradar.com/news/phone...issues-1103381
    11-09-18 12:36 PM
    The Trouble with Treble is that it sounds like a feature Blackberry already had with QNX long,long ago.. underpinning BB10, making BB11 theoretically easier to implement (or am I theoretically wrong?).
    You are wrong, yes.

Discussions involving the kernel and containerization is a very separate thing from Treble.
    Last edited by conite; 11-10-18 at 08:13 PM.
    11-09-18 01:23 PM
    Wondering why that's a trouble? Is there something wrong with the concept?

..Tom
    11-10-18 04:13 PM
    But will we at least get the new webOS-style multitasking, even if they don't add gestures, even if only as an optional setting?
    Btw, I don't see why we couldn't get the gestures. The Nokia 8 also has physical buttons, but they did add the gesture bar from Pie in the beta Pie update that was released today.
    12-11-18 03:51 PM
    My guess is 2nd half aswell and after the key3 launch (if there is one)
    12-11-18 03:56 PM
    No, it's called LAZINESS. No they won't, their business case is to make low quality painfully usable outdated 2010 standard devices.
    12-11-18 07:15 PM
    No, it's called LAZINESS. No they won't, their business case is to make low quality painfully usable outdated 2010 standard devices.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Pie is an afterthought; if enough of their user base is the captive market desperate to type on plastic then whatever TCL does with updates they'll buy it sooner or later. Mixing enough Kool-Aid about how their hardening of Oreo is better than Pie or whatever makes the inevitable long, tortuous, Pie rollout more palatable to users that drink it.
    12-11-18 07:37 PM
    To be honest, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Pie is an afterthought; if enough of their user base is the captive market desperate to type on plastic then whatever TCL does with updates they'll buy it sooner or later. Mixing enough Kool-Aid about how their hardening of Oreo is better than Pie or whatever makes the inevitable long, tortuous, Pie rollout more palatable to users that drink it.
    Still jaded I see. Not over it yet? Come on, its been a while now. Think about something else haha.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-03-19 04:18 PM
    According to our well-respected Michael Fisher, Pie was already announced for the KEY2 at launch, he mentioned it in one of his first videos of the KEY2. So that means Pie is NOT an afterthought.
    01-03-19 04:49 PM
    As always, if timely Android letter upgrades are important to you, get a Pixel. BlackBerry has been about one year behind with every Android version upgrade since M. For me, the main value of the upgrade is to extend the patching cycle by one year, but others seem to care a lot more.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-03-19 05:23 PM
    As always, if timely Android letter upgrades are important to you, get a Pixel. BlackBerry has been about one year behind with every Android version upgrade since M. For me, the main value of the upgrade is to extend the patching cycle by one year, but others seem to care a lot more.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Bang on, as gestures may not be offered for us, which seems to be the big reveal with P.
    01-04-19 12:10 PM
    Bang on, as gestures may not be offered for us, which seems to be the big reveal with P.
    The Nokia devices with physical nav keys have received the Pie gestures, so if Nokia can do it, then so can BlackBerry.
    01-04-19 12:16 PM
    The Nokia devices with physical nav keys have received the Pie gestures, so if Nokia can do it, then so can BlackBerry.
    True, however, as we have seen, what is implemented/enabled for others is no guarantee for us in true BlackBerry fashion. Just the way it is. Would I like gestures, sure! Could it be buggy for us, sure! Either way, we shall wait and see.
    01-04-19 12:21 PM
    android Pie : when???
    01-04-19 12:29 PM
    Android Pie will come out after key 3 launch (my guess)
    01-04-19 08:40 PM
    android Pie : when???
    My feeling is August/September 2019.
    01-04-19 08:45 PM
    Don't get to exited, gestures stock Android Pie are a joke, very bad and I rather use buttons before using that!

Xiaomi gestures on the other hand are awesome! Maybe OnePlus 6T gestures are awesome too!

BlackBerry needs to implement the BB10 Gestures on the KEY3 and get rid of the stupid nav bar! Other companies are doing it with Android 8.1 not even Android Pie. They are just a bunch of lazy people at TCL.

Posted with BlackBerry Passport SE via CB10
    This. I used gestures on pie. Went right back to nav bar. Sucked hard.
    01-06-19 04:58 PM
    @Marcin Dabrowsky @Davis Rayler

What sucked about it? I played with the new Pixel a little and didn't find it that difficult to get used to.

Wondering what is it exactly that you did not like about it.
    01-06-19 05:21 PM
    01-06-19 08:46 PM
78 1234