so after my phone finally came a couple of weeks ago I went online to find a screen protector and case.
    the case was fine however, the screen protector I got was a massive let down! it doesn't curve down at the edges of the screen and the protector is rigid so now there's a permanent bubble around the edge!
    luckily I got mine off amazon and so I complained and got my money back
    I've been reading that MOST of the other protectors out there are exactly the same!!
    has anyone got a RELIABLE screen protector they've found? how does BB not provide accessories for the key2???
    08-26-18 07:48 AM
    have been using my key2 since 2 weeks without cover and screen protector. It feels great without them. I dnt think you will require it unless your usage is rough.
    08-26-18 07:55 AM
    it's not just about rough usage tho, I've always just had my phone in a case with a screen protector for obvious reasons, like small bumps and knocks, occasionally when it jumps off the table, and also more insidious reasons like what if it bricks for no reason, (WHICH MY KEY2 HAS JUST DONE!!! and i'm utterly devastated about) I can say to the shop that I've had it protected and i'm not "misusing" it.
    08-26-18 06:16 PM
    Supershieldz.
    08-26-18 09:42 PM
    they don't ship internationally... do'h! :-(
    08-26-18 11:28 PM
    Supershieldz.
    The only thing I don't like about that one is the fingerprints. And dear lord it attracts fingerprints like no other screen protector I've ever used! It's awful. But it fits perfectly and actually covers the whole screen. Thought about getting a plastic screen protector to put over it to stop the fingerprints lol!
    burbunny likes this.
    08-27-18 05:21 AM
    I dropped the idea of ever finding an adequate tempered glass protection for curved screens. I had the same problem with the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact. They either don't fit around the edges or just look ugly. I found some great plain films for the KEY² which cover the whole screen and are completely unobtrusive. I am just being extra careful all the time.
    08-27-18 05:36 AM
    When all of you are talking about a screen protector -- are you talking about something that sticks to the screen/glass alone...or are you talking about some type of encasement/case/etc., that wraps around the phone in order to protect the screen (from drops too perhaps)? Thanks.
    08-27-18 09:21 AM
    The KEY2 screen curves at the edges? I never noticed that in the pictures and videos.
    08-27-18 09:38 AM
    When all of you are talking about a screen protector -- are you talking about something that sticks to the screen/glass alone...?
    Yes. The something can be a plastic sheet or glass itself. The glass ones are designed to absorb the impact of drops and thus prevent screen shatters.

...or are you talking about some type of encasement/case/etc., that wraps around the phone in order to protect the screen (from drops too perhaps)?
    While these do protect screens somewhat, this is not what we are talking about.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-27-18 09:44 AM
    I'm going interested in finding a screen protector for my Key2 as well. I paid so much money for my phone I want to keep it as perfect as I can. I didn't have a screen protector on my Passport and a the screen got scratched due to someone not paying attention and I was quite upset about it. I've been looking on Amazon and I'm just worried that the reviews aren't what they say they are. I don't want to go spending money on something for it not to work.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-27-18 04:24 PM
    I'm going interested in finding a screen protector for my Key2 as well. I paid so much money for my phone I want to keep it as perfect as I can. I didn't have a screen protector on my Passport and a the screen got scratched due to someone not paying attention and I was quite upset about it. I've been looking on Amazon and I'm just worried that the reviews aren't what they say they are. I don't want to go spending money on something for it not to work.
    Yup, a screen protector is a must have, even before a case.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-28-18 08:20 AM
    I used a tempered glass protector for my passport but to me a case is like a fats suit for your phone. I know why other people like then and even need them I am just not a fan. I like the naked feel of my KEY2.
    08-28-18 08:29 AM
    I used a tempered glass protector for my passport but to me a case is like a fats suit for your phone. I know why other people like then and even need them I am just not a fan. I like the naked feel of my KEY2.
    Unless the case does more than just protect the phone, for instance hold a couple cards. Then it is actually doing something productive on top of protecting the phone.

Otherwise I would agree with you, I prefer no case on it. But I use one since it also has additional functions.
    08-28-18 10:41 AM
    No kidding on the fingerprints! However, it is so tough that I don't worry about just wiping it on my shirt, pants, dress... whatever for those times I don't have a glass wipe handy. No marks whatsoever, can't even tell unless you look really closely that there's anything over the screen.
    08-28-18 11:03 AM
    I used supershieldz tempered glass. loved the fit - hated the smears.

fit so well I decided to experiment w a trimmed matte protector on top.

I did a post on this forum on it....search matte on top of tempered or something along those lines.

I've been very happy w the result.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-28-18 09:42 PM
    I used supershieldz tempered glass. loved the fit - hated the smears.

fit so well I decided to experiment w a trimmed matte protector on top.

I did a post on this forum on it....search matte on top of tempered or something along those lines.

I've been very happy w the result.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...r-top-1153064/
    Adam Rees likes this.
    08-28-18 10:23 PM
    I got Clearplex at Best Buy and it's been great! I recommend the non "case friendly" version even with a case.
    08-28-18 11:06 PM
    I've read about Clearplex, I heard it is similar to the product sold at Staples but with better reviews. My concern with that is that I read it was a water application. I'd be worried that it would cause issues if the water got through into the phone. Does anyone have it on their BlackBerry and how has it held up?
    08-29-18 01:24 AM
    I got this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...UvbUpU13268615

Its the first screen protector I ever use and while it fits nicely, I am somewhat reserved to the actual protective value of a screen protector. Against scratches sure, but a right drop impact on a corner will likely crack the screen anyway.
    08-29-18 01:57 AM
    I wish someone would come up w the above in Matte - no fingerprint
    08-29-18 08:12 AM
    Yes. The something can be a plastic sheet or glass itself. The glass ones are designed to absorb the impact of drops and thus prevent screen shatters.

While these do protect screens somewhat, this is not what we are talking about.
    Got it. Thanks. The glass ones make sense to me. Thanks again.
    08-29-18 09:43 PM
    So I just got rid of my screen cover. I missed the feel of Gorilla glass on my thumb. Figure I pay for a premium device, I deserve to touch it as intended

Feels waaay better
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-31-18 11:40 PM
    Does anyone use a "screen protector" without a case? Meaning, does your using a screen protector prohibit you from using a case, perhaps because the screen protector is too bulky, or something of the like? Thanks.
    09-06-18 08:02 AM
    does your using a screen protector prohibit you from using a case.
    It probably varies based on what you get. I have a Supershieldz screen protector and a Ringke Fusion Case. They work together seamlessly. If you want to go this route (screen protector and case) the advice that I got from the wonderful people here at Crackberry was put the screen protector on first, then put the case on second.

You can have:
    just a case (no screen protector)
    just a screen protector (no case)
    case and screen protector
    no case and no screen protector

Hope this helps.
    09-06-18 01:05 PM
27 12