Good afternoon all,

I've reached the stage in my Key2's life whereby the spacebar is playing hell up and not behaving as it should (only registers my clicks intermittently when it feels like it!)

Unfortunately, my warranty on the phone has expired.

I've been in touch with Blackberry/TCL's repair centre and they've accepted my request to send it in for a keyboard repair, but won't quote me until they have the device.

My questions are:
    a) Has anyone used them previously in the UK and has it been a success?
    b) Does anyone know roughly how much they're likely to charge to fix this issue?
    c) If you sent them your device, how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
    05-04-20 08:35 AM
    Good afternoon all,

I've reached the stage in my Key2's life whereby the spacebar is playing hell up and not behaving as it should (only registers my clicks intermittently when it feels like it!)

Unfortunately, my warranty on the phone has expired.

I've been in touch with Blackberry/TCL's repair centre and they've accepted my request to send it in for a keyboard repair, but won't quote me until they have the device.

My questions are:
    a) Has anyone used them previously in the UK and has it been a success?
    b) Does anyone know roughly how much they're likely to charge to fix this issue?
    c) If you sent them your device, how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.
    Some have been successful and some have been unsuccessful per various threads.

Prices quoted seemed to be inline for repairs but will depend on your specific diagnosis

Again, that answer has been across the board. Just send it. That’s part of the fun of BlackBerry ownership
    05-04-20 04:18 PM
    buy a replacement PKB online, hit YouTube, do it yourself
    05-04-20 04:23 PM
    i use To have space bar issue and fingerprint but it was canceleD by upgrade firmware recently
    05-05-20 04:32 AM
    They cannot quote you until they can see your equipment.

But I can give you an estimate of what it might cost
    05-05-20 04:55 AM
    Replacement Keyboard is about $60 (USD) online from discount sites.... a Factory certified repair shop might charge list price, which could be much more. Plus the labor to install it, along with their overhead....

It's not like you can go buy a used KEY2 for cheap right now... let them fix it, and then let us know how it goes.
    05-05-20 08:45 AM
    Thanks for all of your replies so far.

I've taken the plunge and parted with my beloved Key2 this afternoon, and hopefully it will be en-route to the repair centre shortly.

Thanks to those who have advised on fixing it myself, I appreciate the expertise but there is just no way (unless a last resort) that I would trust my clumsy hands to do an operation on the device!

I will keep you all in the loop, but again, thank you.
    05-05-20 10:21 AM
    Hope it goes well. Let us know what happens. Good luck.
    05-05-20 05:35 PM
    Hope it goes well. Let us know what happens. Good luck.

So... here goes...

I started off by speaking to a Blackberry representative from the TCL UK centre, who didn't fill me with a lot of confidence, but was competent enough and sent me a pre-paid label to post off my device to the Kent repair centre.

Off the device went.

I sent my phone off a week and a half ago, but by the time it was delivered on the Wednesday, the Friday following it was a Bank Holiday, so a slight delay was to be expected.

What initially worried me, was that other than the delivery confirmation, I didn't receive any acknowledgement that they'd received the device, or any quotations on how much the repair would cost (it was out of warrant).

Anyway, after having had the device for 5 working days or so, I thought I would call and check on the status of the repair.

I spoke to a helpful BlackBerry representative, but he couldn't locate my device or even confirmed it had arrived but promised he would create a ticket and chase it up. This was yesterday (Tuesday).

He promised he would have an answer for me today.

Not only did he come up with that answer first thing this morning, confirming that the device had been fixed already, but that it had been posted too.

It arrived at my house around an hour ago and I have since unboxed it.

They have replaced the entire keyboard and also included 'screening' on the delivery note, so I'm not sure whether they have replaced that as well. Either way, it's working like new, spacebar problem resolved!

I was worried from the start how much this repair would cost. How much in the end you ask?

The best part...nothing!

Fixed and returned free of charge.

So other than some slight communication issues, a brilliant service and my Key2 safely returned and fixed!
    elfabio80, Crusader03 and Grungni like this.
    05-13-20 08:48 AM
    So... here goes...

I started off by speaking to a Blackberry representative from the TCL UK centre, who didn't fill me with a lot of confidence, but was competent enough and sent me a pre-paid label to post off my device to the Kent repair centre.

Off the device went.

I sent my phone off a week and a half ago, but by the time it was delivered on the Wednesday, the Friday following it was a Bank Holiday, so a slight delay was to be expected.

What initially worried me, was that other than the delivery confirmation, I didn't receive any acknowledgement that they'd received the device, or any quotations on how much the repair would cost (it was out of warrant).

Anyway, after having had the device for 5 working days or so, I thought I would call and check on the status of the repair.

I spoke to a helpful BlackBerry representative, but he couldn't locate my device or even confirmed it had arrived but promised he would create a ticket and chase it up. This was yesterday (Tuesday).

Not only did he come up with that answer first thing this morning, confirming that the device had been fixed already, but that it had been posted too.

They have replaced the entire keyboard and also included 'screening' on the delivery note, so I'm not sure whether they have replaced that as well. Either way, it's working like new, spacebar problem resolved!

I was worried from the start how much this repair would cost. How much in the end you ask?

The best part...nothing!

So other than some slight communication issues, a brilliant service and my Key2 safely returned and fixed!
    That's great....
    05-13-20 02:12 PM
    So... here goes...

Off the device went.

The best part...nothing!

That’s awesome to hear. Congratulations and now keep posting;-D
    05-13-20 03:07 PM
    That is great news. Well done on that . Must be the same repair centre in Kent that was used for BBOS BB10 and PB's.
    05-13-20 05:20 PM
    That is great news. Well done on that . Must be the same repair centre in Kent that was used for BBOS BB10 and PB's.
    I seriously doubt it. Those were BlackBerry Limited hardware. This was BlackBerry Mobile hardware.
    06-26-20 10:12 AM
    I had the keyone and after one year the screen fell out. They initially sounded incompetent but sent a brand new one as a replacement. Fabulous service.
    06-26-20 11:57 AM