Okay this might be an odd question but assuming I could find a front facing camera module that fits and has the correct connector (think of the Key 2 LE front facing camera module) would it be possible to "upgrade" the front facing camera in my Key 2?

I know BlackBerry uses a hardened kernel and hardware security integrity check but assuming it's BlackBerry OEM hardware or perhaps another camera app and random module could this be done?

Has anyone tried modding other hardware out of curiosity?
    11-29-20 02:14 AM
    Okay this might be an odd question but assuming I could find a front facing camera module that fits and has the correct connector (think of the Key 2 LE front facing camera module) would it be possible to "upgrade" the front facing camera in my Key 2?

I know BlackBerry uses a hardened kernel and hardware security integrity check but assuming it's BlackBerry OEM hardware or perhaps another camera app and random module could this be done?

Has anyone tried modding other hardware out of curiosity?
    No can do.
    11-29-20 02:47 AM
    No can do.
    Thanks! I figured I'd ask before wasting the money on ali or ebay. I appreciate it!
    11-29-20 02:57 AM
    Thanks! I figured I'd ask before wasting the money on ali or ebay. I appreciate it!
    Besides, the KEY2 and LE seems to have the exact same front camera quality. It would be pointless.

The rear camera is a bit better on the KEY2 though.
    11-29-20 08:10 AM