I actually don't mind we have to wait another year for a key 3. I enjoy using my key 2 silver and it still gets the job done for me. I like knowing I got the latest keyone series phone and I am not tempted to put down more money a year later. Also if we are lucky and get a key 3 released next summer I get a free upgrade from bell :I)
    Last edited by Bravestar79; 09-03-19 at 11:34 AM.
    09-03-19 11:22 AM
    Don't hold your breath....
    09-03-19 11:29 AM
    Don't hold your breath....
    Yeah more than likely this is the end. But if that's the truth I will use my key 2 till it dies lol
    09-03-19 11:35 AM
    Yeah more than likely this is the end. But if that's the truth I will use my key 2 till it dies lol
    As for me, not only I would do just that, but I'd stock up on a few other KEY2's and LE's
    anon(10573286) and Smokeaire like this.
    09-03-19 12:58 PM
    As for me, not only I would do just that, but I'd stock up on a few other KEY2's and LE's
    Actually that's a great idea..because if this in fact the end the PKB is as dead as the dino..unless we go the route of the titan..But yeah I won't be able to give up the PKB..I have tried typing on glass and I just can't do it..
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-03-19 01:16 PM
    It has improved mightily.

Like you I had tremendous reservations against typing on glass but I must admit, they have improved. For instance the Samsung S10 now has a glass keyboard which provides very noticeable tactile feedback. This leads to a much better typing experience on Android than 1-2 years ago. Like many on this forum I was very reluctant to give up my Berry but thankfully it's not all that bad anymore,

Posted via CB10
    anon(10573286) likes this.
    09-03-19 01:23 PM
    I might go a year with an unpatched Android phone (so maybe one spare) , but three or more years (spare four and five)?

Again it's sad that they locked the boot rom.... or the hardware might have been given a little more life.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-03-19 01:24 PM
    It has improved mightily.

Like you I had tremendous reservations against typing on glass but I must admit, they have improved. For instance the Samsung S10 now has a glass keyboard which provides very noticeable tactile feedback. This leads to a much better typing experience on Android than 1-2 years ago. Like many on this forum I was very reluctant to give up my Berry but thankfully it's not all that bad anymore,

Posted via CB10
    I agree! The VKB on my Pixel 3 absolutely rocks. Is it a PKB? Hell no but it improved leaps and bounds over what it used to be just a couple of years ago.

Plus, I received the official Android 10 release today which officially puts any BlackBerry Mobile device two OS versions behind..
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and the_boon like this.
    09-03-19 02:21 PM
    My thoughts exactly. I'm staying pkb endowed as long as possible.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-03-19 02:24 PM
    I agree! The VKB on my Pixel 3 absolutely rocks. Is it a PKB? Hell no but it improved leaps and bounds over what it used to be just a couple of years ago.

Plus, I received the official Android 10 release today which officially puts any BlackBerry Mobile device two OS versions behind..
    It makes the Priv 4 versions behind lol.

And being so behind matters for things like battery life efficiency which 10 is leaps and bounds better than 6.
    09-03-19 02:56 PM
    I'd stock up on a few other KEY2's and LE's
    Actually that's a great idea..
    Better think that through. These devices have a more limited shelf-life than you may realize.

Lithium batteries don't do particularly well sitting unused. Software that you depend on won't tolerate Oreo forever. New apps may never whitelist your devices at all. Security flaws will remain unpatched.
    RK_BB and John Albert like this.
    09-03-19 06:02 PM
    Better think that through. These devices have a more limited shelf-life than you may realize.

Lithium batteries don't do particularly well sitting unused. Software that you depend on won't tolerate Oreo forever. New apps may never whitelist your devices at all. Security flaws will remain unpatched.
    Meh, they should hold up okay.

But before storing a device for long term, I heard it's better to charge it to about 50-60% before powering off.
    09-03-19 06:16 PM
    I actually don't mind we have to wait another year for a key 3. I enjoy using my key 2 silver and it still gets the job done for me. I like knowing I got the latest keyone series phone and I am not tempted to put down more money a year later. Also if we are lucky and get a key 3 released next summer I get a free upgrade from bell :I)
    I only just got my silver KEY2 in late June. At the time I could not find a new silver edition US version so I had to buy a used one. I am happy to wait another year as well. I also am one of those who needs the PKB. So I hope there is a new release next year.
    09-05-19 12:49 AM
    Meh, they should hold up okay.

But before storing a device for long term, I heard it's better to charge it to about 50-60% before powering off.
    Maybe you should also stock up on a heat gun, glue, compressed air tins and most of all, spare keyboards for all models, About 1/PKB/ phone/ year should be sufficient until your runtime runs out.
    the_boon and RK_BB like this.
    09-05-19 05:48 AM