There used to be a joke that you could always tell a Blackberry user because when they ended a call they just hit a button without looking and holstered the phone confident that the call had ended. Whereas other phone users hit their virtual hangup button, did that again, then swiped, then had to check that the call had ended... and then dropped their phone.

I guess that the elegant solution Blackberry had was just to..er, complicated? for Droidberry to maintain.

I've only had the phone a month now and I'm still baffled with finding a consistent hang up method.
    Sometimes it seems to do it itself if the caller is quicker than I in ending the call - but how to be sure?
    I programmed the power button to do it. But this only works if the screen is "awake". Pushing the power button when the screen sleeps and I'm on on a call simply brings the phone to life and pushing it again sleeps the screen again. Or, worse, the power button may hang up the call when I go to wake the phone and check something while on a call. The word "may" should never be part of a UI.

Its a crap shoot as to what screen the phone is on when the call ends. When its not to my ear and sitting on a desk while I use the headset, there is no standardized button (like the tool belt used to be) to hang up, even if I haven't been mucking about on the phone while the call is going on.

The only sure fire way I've found to hang up is to move the phone a little at my ear. My lobes either hit a touch pad number for a tonal blast or hang up the phone to the surprise of the caller.

In all, poorly implemented. But that's becoming my mantra with DroidBerry.

Educate me. Whats the best way?
    09-25-19 01:48 PM
    Can't say I've ever really had any issues. Always just go to call screen and hit the red button.
    09-25-19 03:36 PM
    There used to be a joke that you could always tell a Blackberry user because when they ended a call they just hit a button without looking and holstered the phone confident that the call had ended. Whereas other phone users hit their virtual hangup button, did that again, then swiped, then had to check that the call had ended... and then dropped their phone.

I guess that the elegant solution Blackberry had was just to..er, complicated? for Droidberry to maintain.

I've only had the phone a month now and I'm still baffled with finding a consistent hang up method.
    Sometimes it seems to do it itself if the caller is quicker than I in ending the call - but how to be sure?
    I programmed the power button to do it. But this only works if the screen is "awake". Pushing the power button when the screen sleeps and I'm on on a call simply brings the phone to life and pushing it again sleeps the screen again. Or, worse, the power button may hang up the call when I go to wake the phone and check something while on a call. The word "may" should never be part of a UI.

Its a crap shoot as to what screen the phone is on when the call ends. When its not to my ear and sitting on a desk while I use the headset, there is no standardized button (like the tool belt used to be) to hang up, even if I haven't been mucking about on the phone while the call is going on.

The only sure fire way I've found to hang up is to move the phone a little at my ear. My lobes either hit a touch pad number for a tonal blast or hang up the phone to the surprise of the caller.

In all, poorly implemented. But that's becoming my mantra with DroidBerry.

Educate me. Whats the best way?
    I have my Black Edition Key One set up so the power button ends the call. It's a sure fire way for me to know I have ended the conversation.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-25-19 06:28 PM
    I have my Black Edition Key One set up so the power button ends the call. It's a sure fire way for me to know I have ended the conversation.
    As do I but the action is inconsistent. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it wakes the phone sometimes it kills the call. Twitchy.
    09-27-19 12:40 PM
    As do I but the action is inconsistent. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it wakes the phone sometimes it kills the call. Twitchy.
    Have you cleared cache and done a hard reboot (hold power button for 32 seconds) lately?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 01:48 PM
    Well i've done the power off thing - holding the power key for a long press and the on screen buttons come up. Is that different from a super long hold on the power button? (only 8 seconds for me)
    09-27-19 02:02 PM
    Its consistent on my BE.
    09-27-19 05:54 PM
    I use two times power button hang up, and two times space pickup
    09-27-19 06:30 PM
    I use two times power button hang up, and two times space pickup
    Two times power button hang up? How did you set it up pls?
    In my case 2xpower runs camera.
    09-28-19 05:01 AM
    Back in my day, we slammed the bottom of a flip phone back into the top to hang up our calls. And we were happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-19 08:10 AM
    After a conversation with my girlfriend I used to the slam the phone at the wall resulted in the call being ended and me picking it back up and putting the battery back in.
    09-28-19 12:00 PM
    All I do is hit the power button (the button with the grooves) and the call is ended.
    09-28-19 06:41 PM
    Two times power button hang up? How did you set it up pls?
    In my case 2xpower runs camera.
    My mistake, actually one push.
    09-29-19 05:15 AM