Picked up a Key2 over the weekend, great device.
    One thing I wanted to point out is the quality of the stock headphones, they are GREAT! For anyone who puts aside the stock accessories like I do, do give these headphones a try. They aren't audiophile grade but definitely balance well, almost comparable to One More Triple Drivers.
    10-22-18 03:08 PM
    Yeah, I was kinda surprised at how well they worked. For in the box headphones, they're great. Low bar though lol
    BLAZEDv3 and croman like this.
    10-22-18 03:25 PM
    Yeah they're better than the KEYone's and KEY2 LE's headphones for sure
    10-23-18 05:04 AM
    Yep, I was very pleased with the stock headphones that came with my KEY2.

Bob
    10-23-18 07:21 AM
    Nice that you get headphones period. Neither of our new LG's included headphones.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-23-18 11:45 AM
    Nice that you get headphones period. Neither of our new LG's included headphones.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    I'm pretty shocked many OEM's even today don't include headphones with their devices. No excuse for any phone that costs 500 + in my opinion.

Apple of course likes to play that game by not including the dongle anymore with their new iPhones.
    10-24-18 06:09 AM
    I was surprised too at how good they were especially compared to the KEY1's or previous bb phones for that matter.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-24-18 06:14 AM
    I actually left mine in the plastic wrap they came in until I started reading on here how people were pleasantly surprised with them. Now, I can't put them down. Excellent quality and performance for what they are.
    BLAZEDv3 and the_boon like this.
    10-24-18 10:44 AM
    I actually left mine in the plastic wrap they came in until I started reading on here how people were pleasantly surprised with them. Now, I can't put them down. Excellent quality and performance for what they are.
    They also fit AND stay in my ears better than almost any other stock earbuds I've tried, due to the shape of the headphones keep them locked in
    BLAZEDv3 likes this.
    10-24-18 11:16 AM
    Yeah I like how the shape of the headphones are designed to stay in ear, definitely good attention to detail.
    10-24-18 11:20 AM
    Surprised seeing such a positive reception here.

They fit well in the ear, but output is definitely not clear. They bass quite ok (not overbassed), but can't reproduce tiny sounds ok (such as strokes to the drums, which sound like GHHHTS).

Nothing you would really like to carry and listen with. Maybe if you prefer sound which cuts off a lot of details and it's richness.

Stock Sony MH750 sound much better imho. A lot clearer sound, though, it feels a bit flatter, I admit that. There are A LOT better stock ones.

Decided that the cheer up in this topic is far too large. They are maybe average in stock headphones, but still suck... But yeah, I've heard a lot worse ones (for example Priv WS-510, that was a disaster, it really felt like listening underwater, no details, just flat sound).
    03-22-19 05:08 PM
    Are the headphones better than AKG ones that come with recent Samsung phones?
    03-29-19 07:14 AM
    I must say, with my my other BlackBerry phones, including the K1, the ear phones stayed in the wrapper. With my K2 however, I find them to be premium, solid and an excellent surprise! I use them exclusively! I am no audio expert and am sure there are much better and more expensive alternatives, however, these are surprisingly good. I have tried them with my Roland Vdrums, and I can definitely hear the hi-hat! Cheers,
    03-29-19 12:05 PM
    Picked up a Key2 over the weekend, great device.
    One thing I wanted to point out is the quality of the stock headphones, they are GREAT! For anyone who puts aside the stock accessories like I do, do give these headphones a try. They aren't audiophile grade but definitely balance well, almost comparable to One More Triple Drivers.
    I didn't bother trying them, but already the Priv headphones were not bad.
    It is not difficult for a company to supply fairly passable in ear headphones with their phones, especially given the laws of diminishing returns and the real cost of manufacturing.
    Making good IEMs is also a lot easier than good earbuds.

Going from sub 10€ to 30-40€ retail can give you a huge improvement. The step up to 100-200€ is not so noticeable unless you compare directly.
    Post that cost level, differences exist both audible as well as measurable but it becomes more and more difficult to distinguish them.

Having said that, I used Sennheiser IE8 for a total of 8 years until I switched to EarSonics Velvet 2 in summer 2017.
    I doubt BlackBerry can beat those
    03-30-19 12:10 PM
    Surprised seeing such a positive reception here.

They fit well in the ear, but output is definitely not clear. They bass quite ok (not overbassed), but can't reproduce tiny sounds ok (such as strokes to the drums, which sound like GHHHTS).

Nothing you would really like to carry and listen with. Maybe if you prefer sound which cuts off a lot of details and it's richness.

Stock Sony MH750 sound much better imho. A lot clearer sound, though, it feels a bit flatter, I admit that. There are A LOT better stock ones.

Decided that the cheer up in this topic is far too large. They are maybe average in stock headphones, but still suck... But yeah, I've heard a lot worse ones (for example Priv WS-510, that was a disaster, it really felt like listening underwater, no details, just flat sound).
    You know that a flat response is what you theoretically want? Even though it can sound boring/tinny if one isn't used to it.
    Or do you mean soundstage which refers to the auditory depth you perceive in the played back sound?

Many people will gravitate towards a bassier/"warmer" sound and it does sound more fun quite often, but is technically not better - even if it is more enjoyable.

Also, headphones on a phone would normally be tuned to amplify human speaking rather than give an accurate representation of music.
    03-30-19 12:14 PM
    I also found the KEY2's headphones are by far the best that ever came with a Berry, even better than the LE's.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    03-31-19 01:07 AM
    You know that a flat response is what you theoretically want? Even though it can sound boring/tinny if one isn't used to it.
    Or do you mean soundstage which refers to the auditory depth you perceive in the played back sound?

Many people will gravitate towards a bassier/"warmer" sound and it does sound more fun quite often, but is technically not better - even if it is more enjoyable.

Also, headphones on a phone would normally be tuned to amplify human speaking rather than give an accurate representation of music.
    You are probably right. Everyone is looking for a different result. And people tend to like strong bass. Surprising to me, clarity is often not the target, even though I can fully understand why people would be looking for headphones which - as you said - amplify those things which people like.

Then yeah, it can sort of explain this positive response.
    03-31-19 02:44 AM
    I use them daily together with a FiiO btr3. Nice combination to enjoy K2 audio wirelessly
    03-31-19 02:53 AM
    I stuck with my Passport headphones for a while because I like the flat cable but the pair I got with my Key² have won me over for sound quality or maybe it's just that the design of the bud makes them a snug fit.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    03-31-19 01:31 PM
    Yes, the WH-70 BlackBerry headphones has a better design that isolates the sound. There is more clarity and higher sound volume compared to the one that came with PRIV.
    Last edited by Michael Liang; 04-02-19 at 10:06 AM.
    04-02-19 01:15 AM
    Decent headphones but absolutely crap on-board DAC. I'm thinking of jumping ship to the f(x)tec pro when it's released this summer.
    04-02-19 02:18 AM
    Decent headphones but absolutely crap on-board DAC. I'm thinking of jumping ship to the f(x)tec pro when it's released this summer.
    So the BB KEY2's headphones sound better when plugged into another device?
    04-02-19 11:09 AM
    So the BB KEY2's headphones sound better when plugged into another device?
    Probably, the on-board DAC compared the my s8+ is crap. It's muted, tinny, hear it for yourself. I had a chance to hear the LG V20's DAC and oh boy, a hundred times better than the KEY1/2. I'm disappointed with the KEY2. No stereo speakers(even though it looks like it), no decent DAC... Seriously thinking of switching to the f(x)tec.
    04-02-19 11:12 AM
    Probably, the on-board DAC compared the my s8+ is crap. It's muted, tinny, hear it for yourself. I had a chance to hear the LG V20's DAC and oh boy, a hundred times better than the KEY1/2. I'm disappointed with the KEY2. No stereo speakers(even though it looks like it), no decent DAC... Seriously thinking of switching to the f(x)tec.
    Well, don't LG phones in general have superior DAC's?

And I don't have a KEY2 anymore (currently rocking LE) but I don't remember having terrible sound.
    04-02-19 06:36 PM