I know many here feel it's overpriced for a myriad of reasons. Imo however, it's worth every penny. For the way I use a device, which admittedly is not overly media intensive.... It is everything I want and then some. The OS is smooth and quick. I appreciate the standard increase in memory w/out having to rely on expansion. The camera is solid and pictures I have taken have received compliments from others. But oh the color.... So good, literally have people asking every day about the device. And nearly everyone impressed with the appearance and functionality of the phone. To me if you were on the fence about this version and whether it was worth it or not... it is. Yes there are phone out there with better specs for similar or less money, but exactly zero offer the same overall experience as the red edition and the key 2 in general. Splurge for it... u won't regret it
    jamesharmeling and Rico4you like this.
    05-01-19 12:27 AM
    I know many here feel it's overpriced for a myriad of reasons. Imo however, it's worth every penny. For the way I use a device, which admittedly is not overly media intensive.... It is everything I want and then some. The OS is smooth and quick. I appreciate the standard increase in memory w/out having to rely on expansion. The camera is solid and pictures I have taken have received compliments from others. But oh the color.... So good, literally have people asking every day about the device. And nearly everyone impressed with the appearance and functionality of the phone. To me if you were on the fence about this version and whether it was worth it or not... it is. Yes there are phone out there with better specs for similar or less money, but exactly zero offer the same overall experience as the red edition and the key 2 in general. Splurge for it... u won't regret it
    Awesome! Congrats! Yes I got mine and Love it!

There is a thread on this already. Publish there and some pics!!

/blackberry-key2-f472/i-got-my-key2-red-edition-1167853/
    05-01-19 02:00 AM
    Glad you enjoy your KEY2 red, aside from its price it is getting very positive feedback.

How's the spacebar on yours? Feels firmly in place, no looseness/wobbliness?
    05-01-19 09:27 AM
    rock solid. Also, the finish on the keys compared to my black one feels more "matte" and softer... less slick. Very nice.

Also, price/ value is fairly subjective. Especially since these devices are not really carrier supported and you have to buy outright. No one complains about the $1000 price tag because very few actually buy unlocked. To me though, I view the key 2 in general as a premium device. Maybe not spec for spec, but in the respect that it delivers what I value in a device in its performance and also exclusivity and uniqueness
    Last edited by David Theado; 05-01-19 at 09:46 AM.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-01-19 09:33 AM
    rock solid. Also, the finish on the keys compared to my black one feels more "matte" and softer... less slick. Very nice.

Also, price/ value is fairly subjective. Especially since these devices are not really carrier supported and you have to buy outright. No one complains about the $1000 price tag because very few actually buy unlocked. To me though, I view the key 2 in general as a premium device. Maybe not spec for spec, but in the respect that it delivers what I value in a device in its performance and also exclusivity and uniqueness
    That's what I like to hear.

So far, all users of red units have reported that it's solid.

Good job TCL, now that's worth the extra $50 to me!
    05-01-19 10:44 AM
    I thought it was just me! The keys do seem more matte. Wasn't sure if it was because of oil build up over time, or if it was actually different.

Loving the build quality of this compared to my original silver Key2
    the_boon likes this.
    05-01-19 01:06 PM
    Congrats on joining the Red Army! I ordered mine yesterday and it will take 3 weeks or so to get it imported overseas. The more I read about other's feedback, the more I'm salivating!

Please post pics as I can't get enough!
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    05-01-19 01:17 PM
    Congrats on joining the Red Army! I ordered mine yesterday and it will take 3 weeks or so to get it imported overseas. The more I read about other's feedback, the more I'm salivating!

Please post pics as I can't get enough!
    Christmas in May and must feel like December 1st for you.
    05-01-19 09:21 PM
    Congratulations the red looks awesome really stands out good luck with it.
    05-01-19 09:35 PM
    Well . you are good at praising the Key2 RED but some questions bother me

1. Have they improved Vibrations? because in Key2 Black it's small
    2. Did they correct the spaces? because in Key2 Black there is a noticeable click in relation to other keys even better in KeOne.
    05-02-19 12:54 AM
    Christmas in May and must feel like December 1st for you.
    Perfect analogy!
    05-02-19 03:35 AM
    Perfect analogy!
    Here yet? How much longer? Are we there yet?
    05-02-19 01:20 PM
    Here yet? How much longer? Are we there yet?
    Dad can we pull over? I have to go pee!
    05-02-19 01:37 PM
    Well . you are good at praising the Key2 RED but some questions bother me

1. Have they improved Vibrations? because in Key2 Black it's small
    2. Did they correct the spaces? because in Key2 Black there is a noticeable click in relation to other keys even better in KeOne.
    1. I have both devices and have noticed subtle differences in both: there is a more pronounced vibration in general with the red version, especially on the space bar
    2. All the keys on the red version "click" more... less of a difference relative to the space bar
    3. The predictive swipe up to type function seems to work better on the black than the red. Although neither is anywhere near as good as the Passport was/is.
    4. In the examples I have, the red version has a noticeably brighter screen
    5. The camera on the black seems ever so slightly better. But I'm happy with both

Also, my black one is less than a month older than the red one, so basically it is a "new" vs "new" comparison.

All told, happy with both... was thinking of selling the black version, but decided to keep both and occasionally swap the Sim. To that end, would happily recommend either variation (or silver) to anyone

on the road with my BlackBerry
    05-03-19 12:34 AM
    where are you guys buying the Red Edition from?
    05-09-19 06:15 PM
    where are you guys buying the Red Edition from?
    Got mine from bestbuy. Free shipping, without having to be a member. Only takes about 2 or 3 days.

on the road with my BlackBerry
    Super Spartan likes this.
    05-09-19 10:11 PM